Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 7:52 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Ask a writer.
RE: Ask a writer.
(October 17, 2016 at 3:32 am)Maelstrom Wrote:
(October 1, 2016 at 1:51 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: What are your three most important principles you have in mind when you write?

I do not have any principles when I write.  I have learned that writing comes naturally without any bullshit.

I'm unsure how "principles" automatically become "bullshit". Care to expand upon that connection?

(October 17, 2016 at 3:34 am)Bella Morte Wrote: What age were you when you first started to get into writing?

I was a teenager, I cannot remember my precise age.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(October 17, 2016 at 3:38 am)Maelstrom Wrote:
(October 17, 2016 at 3:34 am)Bella Morte Wrote: What age were you when you first started to get into writing?

I was a teenager, I cannot remember my precise age.

That's a good enough answer. Big Grin

Thanks.
(October 17, 2016 at 3:37 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: I'm unsure how "principles" automatically become "bullshit". Care to expand upon that connection?

I write without incumbrance. I write outside of the rules of writing that others follow.
~ Erin Hunter
(October 17, 2016 at 3:37 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: I'm unsure how "principles" automatically become "bullshit". Care to expand upon that connection?

I write without incumbrance. I write outside of the rules of writing that others follow.
~ Erin Hunter
(October 17, 2016 at 3:39 am)Maelstrom Wrote:

I write without incumbrance.  I write outside of the rules of writing that others follow.

I wasn't asking about rules others follow. I was asking if you had three principles you follow.

There's a bit of a difference. You could have, you know, stumbled across them yourself?

(October 17, 2016 at 3:48 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: I wasn't asking about rules others follow. I was asking if you had three principles you follow.

There's a bit of a difference. You could have, you konw, stumbled across them yourself?

I write.

There are no principles, so far as I know.
~ Erin Hunter
Okay. Nothing you as a writer think important to the craft?

(October 17, 2016 at 4:26 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Okay. Nothing you as a writer think important to the craft?

What I have to offer to the craft is something I have always offered.

I do not write the characters so much as they write themselves; I have learned that the character takes hold and I no longer have control.
~ Erin Hunter
Well, yeah, we all do that.