Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AtheistForums.org Slack Channel!
AtheistForums.org Slack Channel!
Some of the older members will remember that we used to have an IRC channel where people could hang out and chat to each other in realtime. That eventually got abandoned, but we've decided to bring back some form of realtime chat for our members.

To that end, we've created Slack community: https://atheistforums.slack.com/

Slack is similar to IRC, and supports multiple channels / rooms that people can join for different discussions. You can also use it in a web browser, or via an App (for desktop and mobiles).

The community is invite-only at the moment, so if you want to join, either send me a PM with your email, or create a thread in the "Questions for Staff" forum (https://atheistforums.slack.com/) asking for access.

People who used the old IRC channel will be happy to hear that I'm recreating DarwinBot for the Slack community, so prepare for games of hangman and anagram in the future...
RE: AtheistForums.org Slack Channel!
P.S. We have cake.
(October 6, 2016 at 3:55 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: P.S.  We have cake.

I heard the cake was a lie....
"Leave it to me to find a way to be,
Consider me a satellite forever orbiting,
I knew the rules but the rules did not know me, guaranteed." - Eddie Vedder
Great idea, but as an old fart, this only terrifies me.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(October 6, 2016 at 3:57 pm)Arkilogue Wrote:
(October 6, 2016 at 3:55 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: P.S.  We have cake.

I heard the cake was a lie....

I heard I was one with the cake... A figment of our imaginations... A quantum cake...
This sounds like a nice idea though, I might join in sometime. No worries, guys, I don't have a squeaky, prepubescent voice. However, my microphone is at an intense level of hearing: my mother yell my name, the process of having my ass handed to me and awkward, unintentional cuts in my breathing.
(October 6, 2016 at 4:10 pm)RozKek Wrote: This sounds like a nice idea though, I might join in sometime. No worries, guys, I don't have a squeaky, prepubescent voice. However, my microphone is at an intense level of hearing: my mother yell my name, the process of having my ass handed to me and awkward, unintentional cuts in my breathing.

This is a text based realtime chat, no microphone required. Big Grin
(October 6, 2016 at 4:07 pm)RozKek Wrote: I heard I was one with the cake... A figment of our imaginations... A quantum cake...

We can know where the cake is, or how fast you're eating it, but never both.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(October 6, 2016 at 4:11 pm)Tiberius Wrote:
(October 6, 2016 at 4:10 pm)RozKek Wrote: This sounds like a nice idea though, I might join in sometime. No worries, guys, I don't have a squeaky, prepubescent voice. However, my microphone is at an intense level of hearing: my mother yell my name, the process of having my ass handed to me and awkward, unintentional cuts in my breathing.

This is a text based realtime chat, no microphone required. Big Grin

Oh, ok. I might as well join quite early on in that case. I forgot there already is a skype chat if one wants to use the mic. Still sounds like a great idea. I listen to music all the time and it'd be nice to be able to talk to friends while listening to music.
(October 6, 2016 at 4:07 pm)RozKek Wrote:
(October 6, 2016 at 3:57 pm)Arkilogue Wrote: I heard the cake was a lie....

I heard I was one with the cake... A figment of our imaginations... A quantum cake...

Ah and therein lies the secret, only when you produce cake from yourself does the wave form collapse into particle and it becomes "real"....like all the rest of civilization. Eat quickly though, temporal cake is temporary!
"Leave it to me to find a way to be,
Consider me a satellite forever orbiting,
I knew the rules but the rules did not know me, guaranteed." - Eddie Vedder

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Staff Interviews - Losty (Plus our NEW YouTube channel!) Tiberius 72 15929 November 5, 2016 at 11:49 pm
Last Post: Kernel Sohcahtoa