Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 1:24 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Saudi Atheist.. Yeah, that's original!
RE: A Saudi Atheist.. Yeah, that's original!
(August 18, 2011 at 8:25 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote:
(August 18, 2011 at 3:07 am)abz Wrote: well hello fella saudi bro! it kindda sucks that im replying now in 2011 when this post was made in 2009 and might not even read it now but i have to say this! truth is im a saudi 17 years old and i did too reached the point where i was miserable at best! yeah it was bad enough for me to go on google today and search for "atheist saudi's" and by luck i found this link on google and decided to join this site to reply, i've had a rough road my own too when i TRIED to come out i only told one of my friends couple of months ago and made her promise not to tell anyone but i reached the point where i didnt give a fuck so in my facebook i set atheism as my religion util one sick Bit** from school saw it xD oh wells she told my cousin about it and 2 of my religious friends also one other friend of mine "notice that the sick Bit** is actually a best friend of mine" anyways life is funny cos all of the people that she told went to talk to me and i shut them off so they backed off cos they didnt wanna lose me as a friend but her oh no she didnt wanna quit tryin to "Convert me" so she can "go to heaven" by me hahahaa *told you shes sick* anyways i've ignored her each time she goes all god and shit on me like seriously if i wanna hear that shit i would watch al majd tv =P anyways until one day she decided to take it more public instead of tellin a small group of friends she posted a youtube link on my facebook of a guy tryin to convert atheist's by video's and she wrote
"watch carefully <3" and thats where my switch flicked!! i had a huge fight with her on facebook and after that day she never brought that topic back again but its still awkward when i talk to her although i had lotta fun takin it on her oh wells cos she obviously deserved it but my point is my friend hang in there your not alone! i know for sure that there are more atheist out there in saudi arabia! as for suicide oh who of us didnt think of that! Wink chill we all reach that point someday as paramore once said "the worst part is before it gets any better we're headed for a cliff and on the free fall i will realize i'm better off when i hit the bottom" tomorrow will be better "inshallah" hahahaaa xD
Keep strong, meine schwester. Let's hope you stay safe in Saudi Arabia; as we all know, Saudi Arabia has virtually no protections for any religion other than the government's particular favourite interpretation of Islam, and there's probably a good chance that you could get arrested for your faith, or lack thereof. Most of us are lucky enough to live in a country where we at least have some modicum of rights.

oh it could further than just getting arrested actually if the government finds out that your an apostate of Islam they give you 3 days to covert back or they can sentence you for an Execution thats why i find it pretty difficult to find atheist's here cause no atheist will tell their friends and family that they dont believe in god and i cant go around saying im an atheist neither! its kindda tough to live in such country for any atheist but i still have hope that the rules might change maybe not in a year or two but whether they religious people here like it or not change is gonna happen one day =)
(August 18, 2011 at 3:07 am)abz Wrote: well hello fella saudi bro! it kindda sucks that im replying now in 2011 when this post was made in 2009 and might not even read it now but i have to say this! truth is im a saudi 17 years old and i did too reached the point where i was miserable at best! yeah it was bad enough for me to go on google today and search for "atheist saudi's" and by luck i found this link on google and decided to join this site to reply, i've had a rough road my own too when i TRIED to come out i only told one of my friends couple of months ago and made her promise not to tell anyone but i reached the point where i didnt give a fuck so in my facebook i set atheism as my religion util one sick Bit** from school saw it xD oh wells she told my cousin about it and 2 of my religious friends also one other friend of mine "notice that the sick Bit** is actually a best friend of mine" anyways life is funny cos all of the people that she told went to talk to me and i shut them off so they backed off cos they didnt wanna lose me as a friend but her oh no she didnt wanna quit tryin to "Convert me" so she can "go to heaven" by me hahahaa *told you shes sick* anyways i've ignored her each time she goes all god and shit on me like seriously if i wanna hear that shit i would watch al majd tv =P anyways until one day she decided to take it more public instead of tellin a small group of friends she posted a youtube link on my facebook of a guy tryin to convert atheist's by video's and she wrote
"watch carefully <3" and thats where my switch flicked!! i had a huge fight with her on facebook and after that day she never brought that topic back again but its still awkward when i talk to her although i had lotta fun takin it on her oh wells cos she obviously deserved it but my point is my friend hang in there your not alone! i know for sure that there are more atheist out there in saudi arabia! as for suicide oh who of us didnt think of that! Wink chill we all reach that point someday as paramore once said "the worst part is before it gets any better we're headed for a cliff and on the free fall i will realize i'm better off when i hit the bottom" tomorrow will be better "inshallah" hahahaaa xD

Hmmm.. yeah interesting and all but has anyone ever told you that you're beautiful? Wink
Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.
well thank you but thats not me Tongue xDDD and nice guitar!
(August 18, 2011 at 11:35 pm)abz Wrote: well thank you but thats not me Tongue xDDD and nice guitar!

Oh that's okay, I bet you're beautiful anyways... and that's Stalin with the nice guitar. Big Grin
Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Big Grin love the guitar! gonna buy and electric maybe next year or something for now its just acoustic for me!
Hello Good Saudis!!!

I am an Asian and working here in Saudi. I am truly amazed to learn that there are Saudi atheists. Me, too, was a Christian long way back and now an atheist.
Oh wow, you're a complete rarity. I know what you mean about religion encouraging depression and a fear of the opposite sex. Your father sounds like a great man.
I can't pretend to know much about your country but I've heard the stories. This is a great place to talk to people who share your views but make sure you delete your internet history everytime. I'm serious. Also if you can find someway to mask your IP address without drawing attention to yourself I would recommend it to be on the safe side.
I'm not an expert but alot of eastern governments buy internet censorship systems from western private companies to detect keywords typed into search engines, block the results and find the person searching. Saudi Arabia is such a country, be careful.
Thread is approximately 18 months old. Saudi chap is probably halal meat now.
I hope not.
(February 15, 2012 at 6:52 pm)5thHorseman Wrote: Thread is approximately 18 months old. Saudi chap is probably halal meat now.

Hey there ,
Im not sure if i'lI ever get a reply back from you since i know that you wrote that 2 years back . I hope you're alive and safe though . I really feel related to some of the things you said .. Im a Saudi l girl who have been lost for sometime now . I have no idea what to do . I started to question everything i have been taught about my religion (islam ) or other religions . I have always tried to find some logic in islam rules especially those about women . I refuse some of them and disgusted by the fact that its supposedly for my own good .
Idont pray but i fast during ramadan . However, i dont think this will happen next ramadan .
The only thing that i like about God's existence is the fact that i will be reborn after death in heaven cause honestly life is too short . I mean ll be fucking 25 in a month