Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:00 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BUGCODE USB DRIVER
RE: BUGCODE USB DRIVER
(November 15, 2016 at 5:17 pm)Alasdair Ham Wrote: Ahhh wow that really could be it! My Wi Fi resets itself sometimes and I have upgraded to Win10 from a previous operating system. How do I update my Wi Fi driver?

If you have a wifi driver issue, when you go through network diagnostics, sometimes it will tell you that something is wrong with your wifi driver.  Not sure if the two issues would be interrelated either.  

If your USB is a Driver issue it should be reflected in the 0x000000FE error message...I.e 0x10000FE is different than 0x00000FE.

If it is a driver issue, it could be a few different things, but the easiest fix is

Start -> Control Panel -> Device Manage -> Scroll to the bottom and click on Universal Serial Bus -> then click on the appropriate USB driver -> Once selected at the top navbar on the Device Manager Window there should be a series of now visable buttons.  The one with an upward pointing arrow when hovered over should say "Update Driver".  Click that.

I'd recommend verifying the problem you have before messing with stuff though.
It can be something entirely different though. I went through months of error codes and bluescreens until I noticed it was a heat and power problem. The error codes only point to the immediate issue causing the crash. They do not point to the underlying issue that may be the root problem. In my case replacing the PSU and the CPU fan did away with the problem.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(November 15, 2016 at 5:20 pm)abaris Wrote:
(November 15, 2016 at 5:17 pm)Alasdair Ham Wrote: How do I update my Wi Fi driver?

Usually the system should provide the necessary drivers. Unless you have specific hardware installed. If you added something, you should look for the manufacturer providing updates.

Ah yes of course so if the driver became corrupted I could just uninstall it and it will reinstall after I reboot?
@ Aristocratt

Oh the problem is most definitely BUGCODE USB DRIVER.

I thought you were saying the problem might be connected to a corrupt Wi Fi driver.

I've gotten multiple blue screen errors with BUGCODE USB DRIVER and I've stopped getting the error since I stopped using my mouse. It basically means I can't use any USB ports until I fix it. I bought a new mouse so it's not the mouse, it's the USB ports. I have four of them though. Same error with all of them and it didn't happen before.
(November 15, 2016 at 5:32 pm)abaris Wrote: It can be something entirely different though. I went through months of error codes and bluescreens until I noticed it was a heat and power problem. The error codes only point to the immediate issue causing the crash. They do not point to the underlying issue that may be the root problem. In my case replacing the PSU and the CPU fan did away with the problem.

Agree with this.  
But pointing to a more specific cause can tell you if you have a hardware or software issue for example.
(November 15, 2016 at 5:32 pm)Alasdair Ham Wrote: Ah yes of course so if the driver became corrupted I could just uninstall it and it will reinstall after I reboot?

But read my last post. If you uninstall any driver make sure to get hold of any last remnant of the drivers before installing new ones. That may mean to dive deeply into the registry if there isn't any app available, such as driver cleaner.

Also be aware that the root problem may just lie in another place than the drivers. What you see is the drivers crashing. But you don't see why they crash. It may just be another faulty component being behind the issue. I would advise running memory as well a temperature checks.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(November 15, 2016 at 5:35 pm)Alasdair Ham Wrote: @ Aristocratt

Oh the problem is most definitely BUGCODE USB DRIVER.

I thought you were saying the problem might be connected to a corrupt Wi Fi driver.

I've gotten multiple blue screen errors with BUGCODE USB DRIVER and I've stopped getting the error since I stopped using my mouse. It basically means I can't use any USB ports until I fix it. I bought a new mouse so it's not the mouse, it's the USB ports. I have four of them though. Same error with all of them and it didn't happen before.

My point is there are multiple bugcode usb driver errors.  You should try to specify which exactly the next time it happens.

No, I was just pointing out that during the switch it's possible that some of your drivers don't update properly for whatever reason.
Since I double posted, I'll just reinforce this point.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library...s.85).aspx

Consult the tables in the link above to get a more specific handle on the error!
Yeah I can't remember what else it said. I'd have to plug in my mouse to cause the error and memorize the code. Might be worth risking once I guess.
Thanks to everyone for their help so far. May you all feel very validated Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "usb 3.0 monitor is already started"? abaris 9 18888 July 31, 2015 at 7:37 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Beware Latest AMD Catalyst Driver AFTT47 13 5371 July 14, 2015 at 5:07 pm
Last Post: rado84