Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 1:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BUGCODE USB DRIVER
RE: BUGCODE USB DRIVER
You're free to recommend that. Considering EvFs description of the problem, he seems to indicate that the USB subsystem is unstable. An overheating processor would manifest its issues under load.

Since software is highly complex and easy to fault, I often favor the nuke it approach.

At a bare minimum EvF could try a Live Linux USB boot and see if there's any issues. If it doesn't manifest, then a hardware fault becomes less likely (but more obnoxious to diagnose if actually faulted).
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
RE: BUGCODE USB DRIVER
Another friend told me he had a friend with the same problem and he thinks that my USBs have short-circuited. So rather than a heating problem (my laptop is very new and doesn't feel hot at all... and I had a much hotter older laptop that didn't have any hearting problems until it was far far hotter than this) it could be something simple like that.

I think that... because my warranty isn't covered for accidental damage and the store where I bought it from could falsely claim that I damaged the USB ports and therefore my warranty is null and void... I should perhaps just keep using my laptop until it actually dies and then get it replaced with my warranty intact. And my new laptop will actually have working USBs Tongue

It's a 2 year warranty. I can live without working USBs for 2 years, hehe. I just wouldn't want to be stuck without using a mouse for a decade or something lol.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "usb 3.0 monitor is already started"? abaris 9 18889 July 31, 2015 at 7:37 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Beware Latest AMD Catalyst Driver AFTT47 13 5371 July 14, 2015 at 5:07 pm
Last Post: rado84