Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:01 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goddamned asshole "friends"
Sad 
Goddamned asshole "friends"
(removed)
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
RE: Goddamned asshole "friends"
I'm sorry to hear that. Didn't understand much but sorry anyway.
I, too, am having a hard time trying to follow exactly what the relationships are, but at any rate I hope things get better for you.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
Photo 
I'm sorry you're going through this.  Sad

I too have felt abandoned by people I considered my friends and it's not fun. I hope you are able to feel better soon and know who your true friends are.  Heart
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
Don't get me started on friends. Either they've tried using me for their own ends while confusing me with actual friend stuff, or they've walked out of my life altogether.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(removed)
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
(November 1, 2016 at 7:52 pm)Aractus Wrote: We have a mutual friend who he has always been closer to. If I had an inner circle of three friends he would be in there. As has happened to me before with this friend when he gets involved with a woman, I don't hear from him for months or years at a time. The person who visited me yesterday kept calling the girl my friend's "wife", which means that in the space of time that I've been out of contact with this friend, he's married and I was not invited.

I'm sorry...  Sad
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
It is hard to trust people nowadays. People act nice, but if you barely know each other, and are already asking for stuff like money, or coming multiple times a day for a ride somewhere, it's probably best to just cut them off.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Things your family/friends have done you wish. Brian37 5 480 October 19, 2021 at 5:56 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Can you filthy foreigners please invite your friends? Losty 43 2846 May 1, 2019 at 2:42 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Hanging out at a friends house last night. Brian37 45 4542 November 26, 2018 at 9:44 am
Last Post: Cod
  Do you have friends who don’t share your political views? Losty 13 1737 November 19, 2018 at 12:00 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Time To Stay Indoors, Asshole Minimalist 6 873 April 23, 2018 at 12:40 am
Last Post: Joods
  Keep Your Friends Close and Your Enemies Closer? Why Would I Keep My Enemies Close? Rhondazvous 26 3412 January 8, 2018 at 9:05 am
Last Post: DodosAreDead
  hi i'm tori wanna be friends?! Shell B 45 4944 April 16, 2017 at 7:02 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Dumping friends over politics or religion J a c k 115 11090 February 2, 2017 at 12:54 pm
Last Post: Thal
Heart Important To All My Friends: Seriously taking an AF break. Edwardo Piet 49 3943 December 5, 2016 at 12:48 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Fictional friends robvalue 50 5738 December 23, 2015 at 4:31 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet