Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 4:27 pm

Poll: .
This poll is closed.
Trump
20.93%
9 20.93%
Hillary
51.16%
22 51.16%
Gary
16.28%
7 16.28%
Other 3rd party
2.33%
1 2.33%
I chose not to vote
9.30%
4 9.30%
Total 43 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To my fellow Americans - who did you vote for?
RE: To my fellow Americans - who did you vote for?
(November 9, 2016 at 7:16 am)Death Wrote: Looks like Tronald Dump won but I would've voted for Gary if I was legal age to vote.

[Image: 24a920d9dac041d3fba2a9a26f06b5f6a24c61e1...dab245.jpg]

“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
This is pathetic.
(November 9, 2016 at 7:51 am)Kosh Wrote:
(November 9, 2016 at 7:16 am)Death Wrote: Looks like Tronald Dump won but I would've voted for Gary if I was legal age to vote.

[Image: 24a920d9dac041d3fba2a9a26f06b5f6a24c61e1...dab245.jpg]

u wot m8
[Image: jXlSl4b.png]
This just in. The people who didn't vote for Hillary won. Good job.
Already blaming the failures of your party on others?  That doesn't bode well for 2020. It's how the republicans lost the country even -as- they won the desk, after all.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Yeah, the only person to blame for this result is Clinton. Clinton didn't and doesn't have a right to anyone's vote, she has to earn it and convince people to vote for her. If she doesn't do that with enough people, that's on her. If her unlikability causes people to vote for a third party instead of her, that's on her.
Well you can all breath a sigh of relief that you at least dodged that bullet. You won't have to go through a Hillary presidency. Congrats.
I wouldn't have minded a Clinton presidency. It would have been preferable to a Trump presidency.

However this "blame third parties" bullcrap had to stop. You have an election system which allows third parties. Candidates are required to win a plurality of votes to win. Voters aren't required to vote for certain candidates.

The only person you should be blaming here is Clinton. She was the better candidate I agree, she will probably even win the popular vote, but her job was to convince voters to vote for her and she didn't do that.

Honestly if Clinton had won, Trump supporters would be saying the same thing about this parties and they'd be just as wrong as you are.
And you have my blessing to go on saying everything you like in favor of voting third party. I'll just go right on observing that anyone who assumed the adults would make sure Trump wasn't elected may be be in for a disappointment. Or not.

Is that a problem?
It's not a problem provided you have a valid argument. Being butthurt that your candidate lost isn't a valid argument against voting third party and its not the reason Trump won. Trump won more votes than Clinton (in certain swing states). That is why he won. Blame Trump voters, blame Clinton for not convincing nor people to vote for her.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Earning the Vote FrustratedFool 111 3767 November 9, 2023 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Kevin McCarthy loses 6th vote for Speaker Brian37 111 4606 January 7, 2023 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  I dont get why Americans are complaining about Monarchy Woah0 0 470 September 10, 2022 at 10:45 am
Last Post: Woah0
  GOP's stranglehold on Cuban-American's vote. Brian37 19 1321 August 22, 2021 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  [Serious] When you left theism, did you go Left? zwanzig 34 1955 April 22, 2021 at 11:04 am
Last Post: Ranjr
  Would you vote for a Scientologist? Fake Messiah 19 867 March 14, 2021 at 12:53 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Want to sell more guns? Vote ( D ) onlinebiker 145 7330 February 26, 2021 at 7:04 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Lincoln Project/Vote Vets ad, featuring Sully..... Brian37 18 1262 September 30, 2020 at 3:58 am
Last Post: Sal
  Save The Vote - NOTA onlinebiker 18 680 September 29, 2020 at 6:39 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  For Americans Who are willing to act Rhizomorph13 13 841 September 21, 2020 at 6:17 pm
Last Post: Sal