Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 9:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden
This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden
This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

God kills when he could just as easily cure. This is irrefutable.

This is a clear violation of the golden rule. The golden rule as articulated by Jesus.

God then is clearly evil.

Do you agree with Jesus that anyone who breaks the golden rule is evil?

Regards
DL
RE: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden
I like the other thread better.
RE: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden
(November 27, 2016 at 3:19 pm)Greatest I am Wrote: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

This is a clear violation of the golden rule. The golden rule as articulated by Jesus.

Regards
DL

No such thing as evil in my eyes, because evil is objective. Subjectively, however? Yeah, I suppose. One may live by a different code, however.
that's what happens when you make up your religion as you go along
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Torturing, even for temporary amount of time, is MUCH, MUCH worse, then killing, especially, if bodies in hell regenerate, as easily as new grass grows on the fields, according to the bible. That's unimaginably fucked up.
(November 27, 2016 at 3:19 pm)Greatest I am Wrote: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Regards
DL

Well, look at the Golden Rule:  Treat others as you would wish to be treated.  For all you know, God is a masochist.  Thus, when he visits misery upon human beings, he IS following the Golden Rule.  Since you (not Jesus) quantifies breaking this rule as 'evil', then by your own argument, God is not evil.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
The Golden Rule existed centuries before the gospel writers stuck it into the mouth of 'the god who wasn't there.'
God is the most paradoxical fictional character there is - he is The Masochist and yet, he keeps existing for eternity, to do/search "Something", when he is All Powerful and can wish in to existence any outcome in an instance, BY definition. Like, WTF...
(November 27, 2016 at 5:00 pm)purplepurpose Wrote: Torturing, even for temporary amount of time, is MUCH, MUCH worse, then killing, especially, if bodies in hell regenerate, as easily as new grass grows on the fields, according to the bible. That's unimaginably fucked up.

I've been thinking about that, and as I've noted before, for an omniscient deity, the ultimate end state of a particular sinner after an eternity of infinite hideous torment would be knowable.  And that end state condition could be imposed upon newcomers to hell upon arrival instantly.

This would be a more efficient way of running hell, it wouldn't fill up with the damned, and since the totality of their torments are imposed upon arrival, the sinners won't know the difference anyhow.  They would have inviolate and detailed recollections of all their torments in any regard, that they weren't imposed over eons and eons is irrelevant, they'd be convinced they experienced them in linear time regardless.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

On the other hand, the copious giving of presents gives powerful evidence of Santa Claus being a morally superior being.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evil God and anti-theodicy FrustratedFool 32 2139 August 21, 2023 at 9:28 am
Last Post: FrustratedFool
  Do people make evil? Interaktive 7 701 August 8, 2022 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Funny video - Saturday Night Live - teen thanks god during thanksgiving Ferrocyanide 4 761 November 7, 2021 at 5:09 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  Why did God allow his words to be changed? Fake Messiah 53 3943 October 23, 2021 at 11:55 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Atheism, Gnosticism & the Problem of Evil Seax 86 5561 April 7, 2021 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  [Serious] Good vs Evil Losty 84 9939 March 8, 2021 at 4:33 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Proof god is a quack! no one 27 2423 January 18, 2021 at 10:10 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Why can't I own Canadians? Dundee 14 1080 March 23, 2020 at 7:57 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Turns out we were all wrong. Here's undeniable proof of god. EgoDeath 6 1401 September 16, 2019 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Bishop setting up group to fight off 'evil forces' and recite prayers of exorcism Marozz 14 2523 October 11, 2018 at 5:19 am
Last Post: OakTree500