Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 9:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump and Conservatism As A Threat: What Should Be Done?
RE: Trump and Conservatism As A Threat: What Should Be Done?
(January 13, 2017 at 6:16 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Trumps definitely not one of them, but he's great cover for them, and as a politician, the climate he's created must seem like a gift from god falling out of the sky.

Right - see "The Art of War" on the value of diversions. While the spotlight is on the rat, the cockroaches are raiding the pantry.
(January 13, 2017 at 6:16 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Trumps definitely not one of them, but he's great cover for them, and as a politician, the climate he's created must seem like a gift from god falling out of the sky.

Oh, no shit. Finding themselves in a political climate where basic facts are contested and people can create and push their own realities to further their political views must be like they're living out their wettest of dreams.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(January 13, 2017 at 6:12 pm)abaris Wrote:
(January 13, 2017 at 6:00 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: I think the power of the religious right has been waning over the last twenty-five years, and demographics are against them.

I'm not counseling complacency, just not confusing raindrops for a falling sky.

I think it doesn't matter if it's been vaning. All it needs is (religious) right legislators and no opposition to speak of.

Personally I think Trump is mainly in it for the glory and some additional money being funneled his way. But I don't see him putting up a fight against religious nutters either.

You are so right abaris. I think the Right Wing will use Trump to get what they want in legislating Christianity into state sponsorship and Trump will use them to help him gain more money and personal glory.

According to the December 2016 issue of "Church & State", the official magazine of Americans United for the Separation of Church and State:

"In the middle of October, Jack Graham, pastor of Prestonwood Baptist Church in Plano, Texas, and a member of Donald J. Trump’s Religious Advisory Council, penned a column for the online Christian Post in which he discussed the Republican nominee’s spiritual life.
“I know for a fact that the Gospel has been shared with Mr. Trump,” Graham wrote. “He has been confronted with his sin. He has heard God’s truth and has been offered grace and forgiveness.

“Our mission as spiritual advisors is to deliver the message,” Graham added. “Without question, that message has been faithfully delivered. Several members of our group speak into Mr. Trump’s life weekly, if not daily.”

Trump’s stunning come-from-behind victory on Nov. 8 has clearly pleased Religious Right figures like Graham who believe they’re on the verge of getting much of what they want politically.

And they just might be.

The Religious Right has a laundry list of issues, many of which Trump has already addressed. During the campaign, Trump vowed to get rid of a federal law that bars tax-exempt non-profits, including houses of worship, from intervening in partisan politicking. He also proposed a $20-billion voucher plan that will inevitably end up supporting many sectarian schools."...etc., etc. --Payback Time, Church & State, Dec. 2016

https://www.au.org/church-state/december...yback-time
"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."--Thomas Jefferson
Never has the term "useful idiots" made so much sense to be up until this election. I used to like many others not understand how a man like Hitler can be brought into power; but then after Trump winning the election it became rather obvious. People's hatred of Obama got this man elected. This election had zero to do with actual policy. It was more of who you hate more or less. 

And what's scary is that many Republicans are in the mode of "taking back their country". And are simply feeding off that hate to get everything that's been accomplished over the last 8 years reversed. I have plenty of issues with Democrats, however Republicans take the cake when it comes to pure evil. And what's sad is they hide behind the smoke-screen of Christianity to justify it all.

[Image: 1r95y6.gif]

[Image: 1rb9xg.gif]
(January 18, 2017 at 10:33 pm)It_Was_me Wrote: Never has the term "useful idiots" made so much sense to be up until this election. I used to like many others not understand how a man like Hitler can be brought into power; but then after Trump winning the election it became rather obvious. People's hatred of Obama got this man elected. This election had zero to do with actual policy. It was more of who you hate more or less. 

And what's scary is that many Republicans are in the mode of "taking back their country". And are simply feeding off that hate to get everything that's been accomplished over the last 8 years reversed. I have plenty of issues with Democrats, however Republicans take the cake when it comes to pure evil. And what's sad is they hide behind the smoke-screen of Christianity to justify it all.

Now what got him elected was an anti-democratic electoral college (put in place to ensure rich people like Drumpfuck were always appointed) and a Republitraitor party willing to illegally disenfranchise 10 million US citizens and then, when that was insufficient, deface the ballots of at least hundreds of thousands, if not millions, more citizens. Just like his hero, Hitler, Drumpfuck has won no election.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
(January 19, 2017 at 4:52 am)Tazzycorn Wrote:
(January 18, 2017 at 10:33 pm)It_Was_me Wrote: Never has the term "useful idiots" made so much sense to be up until this election. I used to like many others not understand how a man like Hitler can be brought into power; but then after Trump winning the election it became rather obvious. People's hatred of Obama got this man elected. This election had zero to do with actual policy. It was more of who you hate more or less. 

Now what got him elected was an anti-democratic electoral college (put in place to ensure rich people like Drumpfuck were always appointed) and a Republitraitor party willing to illegally disenfranchise 10 million US citizens and then, when that was insufficient, deface the ballots of at least hundreds of thousands, if not millions, more citizens. Just like his hero, Hitler, Drumpfuck has won no election.

I think there's two reasons he got elected. Number 1: like you said the Electoral College which is way outdated now. And also, I think the Democratic party was at fault for trying to push Hillary.

[Image: 1r95y6.gif]

[Image: 1rb9xg.gif]
(January 19, 2017 at 5:38 am)It_Was_me Wrote:
(January 19, 2017 at 4:52 am)Tazzycorn Wrote: Now what got him elected was an anti-democratic electoral college (put in place to ensure rich people like Drumpfuck were always appointed) and a Republitraitor party willing to illegally disenfranchise 10 million US citizens and then, when that was insufficient, deface the ballots of at least hundreds of thousands, if not millions, more citizens. Just like his hero, Hitler, Drumpfuck has won no election.

I think there's two reasons he got elected. Number 1: like you said the Electoral College which is way outdated now. And also, I think the Democratic party was at fault for trying to push Hillary.

Hillary Clinton won the vote, even when you factor in the c. 10 million total voters that the Republitraitor party told that their rights weren't going to be honoured or respected. Remember, Herr Oberststurmbanngroppenfuhrer Drumpfuck "won" Michigan by 10,704 votes. The Republitraitor secretary of state for Michigan Ruth Johnson refused point blank to count 75,355 votes cast in overwhelmingly minority neighbourhoods, some of which were cast by people waiting hours to vote and which we can be certain would have gone for Clinton. These votes were rejected in the first instance, not because people didn't stand in line for hours not to vote, as the Republitraitor PR shills would have the US believe, but because the voting machines were calibrated to reject any vote where the bubble wasn't completely filled.

When Jill Stein forced the recount, it was these votes, and similar ones in the other swing states, that she was pushing so hard to have looked at. But in all states the Republitraitor party refused to give an eye count of the refused ballots. Can you guess why? This is the kind of stuff you expect to see in Equatorial Guinea, not in the soi-disant "leader of the free world".

Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Russia is Europe. Kyiv and Moscow should be in the European Union Interaktive 53 4461 December 14, 2022 at 9:36 am
Last Post: Interaktive
  Whats your view on Threat Actors Woah0 12 854 August 29, 2022 at 8:57 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Should I stay or should I go? POLITICAL op/ed Brian37 53 6714 August 26, 2021 at 11:43 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  has Biden done a good job as president? Drich 400 22989 May 23, 2021 at 8:40 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Has Mark Samsel Done A Good Job As A Kansas State Representative? BrianSoddingBoru4 11 1013 May 3, 2021 at 10:56 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Why you should fear Trump's pick for Supreme Court Judge Foxaèr 75 3951 October 31, 2020 at 10:52 am
Last Post: TaraJo
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 981 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Trump VS Trump (not exactly political news but I have no idea where to post this) Cepheus Ace 0 36686 February 12, 2019 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  Realistically can anything be done regarding Trumps nomination? GODZILLA 22 2248 July 11, 2018 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Are Muslims the real threat? stupid rightist propaganda WinterHold 73 16047 November 1, 2017 at 9:09 am
Last Post: vorlon13