Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 3:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheist Forums' 12 Days of Christmas
Atheist Forums' 12 Days of Christmas
A few weeks ago we asked for people to send in videos of them singing a new Christmas carol for the forums. We got a less than enthusiastic response of two people, but we went and edited the video together anyway.

Thanks to Aroura for her lovely singing, and Luckie for her finger puppets.

The Lyrics Wrote:On the first day of Christmas, the forum gave to me a new rule proposed by Tibby
On the second day of Christmas, the forum gave to me two sock accounts and a new rule proposed by Tibby
On the third day of Christmas, the forum gave to me three necroposts, two sock accounts and a new rule proposed by Tibby.
On the fourth day of Christmas the forum gave to me four more stupid polls, three necroposts, two sock accounts and a new rule proposed by Tibby.
On the fifth day of Christmas the forum gave to me five mortal sins, four more stupid polls, three necroposts, two sock accounts and a new rule proposed by Tibby.
On the sixth day of Christmas the forum gave to me six theists praying five mortal sins, four more stupid polls, three necroposts, two sock accounts and a new rule proposed by Tibby.
On the seventh day of Christmas the forum gave to me seven spammers spamming, six theists praying five mortal sins, four more stupid polls, three necroposts, two sock accounts and a new rule proposed by Tibby.
On the eighth day of Christmas the forum gave to me eight members fighting, seven spammers spamming, six theists praying five mortal sins, four more stupid polls, three necroposts, two sock accounts and a new rule proposed by Tibby.
On the ninth day of Christmas the forum gave to me nine flamers flaming, eight members fighting, seven spammers spamming, six theists praying five mortal sins, four more stupid polls, three necroposts, two sock accounts and a new rule proposed by Tibby.
On the tenth day of Christmas the forums gave to me ten threats of leaving, nine flamers flaming, eight members fighting, seven spammers spamming, six theists praying five mortal sins, four more stupid polls, three necroposts, two sock accounts and a new rule proposed by Tibby.
On the eleventh day of Christmas the forums gave to me eleven lurkers lurking, ten threats of leaving, nine flamers flaming, eight members fighting, seven spammers spamming, six theists praying five mortal sins, four more stupid polls, three necroposts, two sock accounts and a new rule proposed by Tibby.
On the twelfth day of Christmas, the forums gave to me twelve trolls-a-trolling eleven lurkers lurking, ten threats of leaving, nine flamers flaming, eight members fighting, seven spammers spamming, six theists praying five mortal sins, four more stupid polls, three necroposts, two sock accounts and a new rule proposed by Tibby.
RE: Atheist Forums' 12 Days of Christmas
[Image: 1ggi0v.jpg]
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Such a great job! Production values are high, almost as high as the middle finger of Aroura's husband. Aurora are you a natural soprano? (And I'm not meaning to get your mafia alignment out of you when I ask.) Lucky, did you sing the part when your puppets were shown? You're a good singer too, as are Tibs and Shell. I only wish I wasn't as shy a singer as I am, you'd have to catch me in the car or shower .. without my knowing.
Luckie didn't sing unfortunately, but we tried to edit the puppets in there as much as possible.
Nice video! Great voice, Aroura. The middle finger in the background was a nice touch. Big Grin
Aww it's great to see you guys! Smile
Thanks for doing this. I enjoyed it!
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
LOL !
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

That was fantastic.

Aurora's husband will forever live in infamy!
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
I'm reminded every time I sing or hear a rendition of that song how much I feel like I've bit off more than I can chew.

"OMG there are 23 more minutes of this song but I can't stop now...."
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Thanks so much to Shell and Tibs for taking the time to put this all together, and for Luckie for the adorable finger puppets.  I honestly had no idea those were the only people participating, I thought a few more members would be singing some of the verses, too!  And also thank you for the very nice comments, everyone.  I never have been able to get much power in my voice, I sound like a mouse, lol.  

@Whatevs, I'm a mezzo soprano, or was when I was 25. It was a lot of fun to sing those insane lyrics though, I had to do it 3 or 4 times.  Some of those were real tongue twisters (and more than once I said "my true love gave to me" out of habit, lol).

My husband is absolutely THRILLED about his cameo!  I had no idea how funny that would turn out to be! Tongue
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Future of the Forums (Discussion) Tiberius 130 19993 May 6, 2020 at 9:47 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Make Atheist Forums Great Again (Part 4) Tiberius 27 4805 April 27, 2019 at 3:44 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Make Atheist Forums Great Again (Part 1) Tiberius 201 26758 January 11, 2019 at 7:08 pm
Last Post: Cod
  Make Atheist Forums Great Again (Part 3) Forum Bot 33 6161 December 31, 2018 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  [Serious] Make Atheist Forums Great Again (Part 2) Tiberius 81 10786 December 19, 2018 at 12:36 pm
Last Post: mlmooney89
  User Suggestions for Future of Atheist Forums Shell B 47 7262 November 30, 2018 at 12:39 am
Last Post: Tiberius
  Atheist Forums Financial Report 2017 Tiberius 12 3214 January 11, 2018 at 5:51 am
Last Post: Sal
  Cards Against Atheist Forums Tiberius 32 15952 September 27, 2017 at 5:07 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Atheist Forums is now HTTPS only. Tiberius 19 3513 March 15, 2017 at 11:40 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious
  Atheist Forums Holiday Logo 2016! Tiberius 13 3013 December 2, 2016 at 8:04 am
Last Post: account_inactive