Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:58 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cracked rib?
RE: cracked rib?
Despite my discomfort with the vile purgative, I'm still aware the rib hurts . . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(December 29, 2016 at 5:40 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Despite my discomfort with the vile purgative, I'm still aware the rib hurts . . . .

Pain medication?
Even if just a mild one, like Paracetamol?
(December 29, 2016 at 5:40 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Despite my discomfort with the vile purgative, I'm still aware the rib hurts . . . .

Try having a cold on top of the cracked rib and having to learn to cough without involving the diaphragm.
Tylenol is allowed, I think that is the US version of Paracetamol.

Damn my 12 Stepperism, I have morphine and Norco in the house,

Grrrr
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I think Tylenol is derived from a Greek word meaning "doesn't do shit."
unless you take to much, then you die if they don't have a spare liver handy

(December 29, 2016 at 6:35 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: unless you take to much, then you die if they don't have a spare liver handy

There is an antidote if they get to you in time.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Well, since the colon exam is over, I'm back on my handful of aspirin everyday, and the cracked rib is way better. It's healing up, I'm barely aware of it now.

Still cramping and gassy from the exam however . . . .

For future reference, there is quite a bit of evidence that using acetaminophen and ibuprofen together (without exceeding the daily limits of either) has a similar pain killing effect to opioids (some say even better). It doesn't have any of the mind-altering or addictive properties, so it's a win-win. My dentist prescribed a combo after a painful procedure. I also use it if I have a particularly bad migraine.
Good to know. The dental angle is especially helpful as with my 12 Stepper back ground I'm pretty shy about using anything real strong that I might like too much.

Also, Aleve works on me quite well, however, I'm slightly allergic to it (slowly get a rash from it) and I've been cautioned against using it.