Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 2:26 pm

Poll: How you work that out?
This poll is closed.
My religion represent God
3.70%
1 3.70%
I take from what religions say
0%
0 0%
No religion represent God
25.93%
7 25.93%
I wouldn't know
11.11%
3 11.11%
I am not interested
18.52%
5 18.52%
I have no other way to know so I just write what religions say
0%
0 0%
Nah.
40.74%
11 40.74%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do religions represent God?
RE: Do religions represent God?
(January 13, 2017 at 9:14 pm)Little Rik Wrote: No mistakes Ton.
Which is exactly what inspector Clouseau would say. Didn't you even read my post before deciding to act it out?

Quote:I can twist the parodies around and around until your head can't cope anymore and if you try to understand is even worse.
This is an apt description of pretty much all of your posts, Rik.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(January 13, 2017 at 11:36 pm)Aoi Magi Wrote: Explain why it doesn't make sense please.

I and a lot of other people have evidence that God exist but there is a but.
The but is that God is felt within and is not transferable to other.
You conquer God and God belong to you.
Is like when you are in love with someone.
Would you want any third party in the middle?
But as I already said to other in this forum even if you would want someone else between
you and God that wouldn't be possible.
God reward only those who try.
So this way to give evidence that God exist is not on even if by looking at the pineal gland purity
it would be possible to understand someone closeness to God.
In the past the saints were represented with an aureola on top of the head around the pineal gland
but the personal experiences with God are just personal so let them be personal.
Today thanks to easy communications we can see hundreds of people who had an NDE experience.
Not that in the past people did not have these experiences.
They also had in the past but because there was not easy communication and because there was
the thread to be taken as mad people their experiences stay hidden.
Now coming to your question why it does not make sense what you say.
You reckon that................An NDE would be evidence for god if all other contending ideas/explanations could be ruled out and that would be the only explanation remaining, so far that isn't the case. So claiming it as a clear evidence of god is quite dishonest.......

Why there would be the need to rule out all other explanations to see that the NDEs are real?
As I already said in the previous post the ways to God are infinite.
I have evidence that God exist because I feel him within.
There are infinite ways to realize that God exist not just one.
There are infinite ways to get to Rome.
Why there should be only one way?
That is why your idea that we should rule out ............ all other contending ideas/explanations.......is faulty.  Lightbulb

(January 14, 2017 at 9:44 am)Tonus Wrote:
(January 13, 2017 at 9:14 pm)Little Rik Wrote: No mistakes Ton.
Which is exactly what inspector Clouseau would say.  Didn't you even read my post before deciding to act it out?

Quote:I can twist the parodies around and around until your head can't cope anymore and if you try to understand is even worse.
This is an apt description of pretty much all of your posts, Rik.

When someone tell a lie he-she need to build up a story that support that lie.
And when that story is knocked down the liar need to build up a bigger story to save the face.
In doing this the building that the liar has created  may well collapse and the more that building is big the more the damage will cause if collapse.

Atheists although they do not create a story out of a lie they still face a possible disaster when the truth that God exist will be apparent to them.
And it will sooner or later.
And that building that atheists build in order to deny that God exist may well knock them down when it will collapse.

My parodies are just a way to show how foolish is to believe that nobody create the universe and that the universe run by itself.
After this is up to you to demonstrate that I am wrong if you can.
If you can not do so then you are still stuck with a building full of fantasies.  Lightbulb
You're right, it's so foolish.  There's absolutely some guy pushing buttons, pulling levers, painting the dew on the morning flowers, and maintaining a list of how many dogs I kicked. 

Fuck it, I'm a believer.  Which way is east?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
That way.

No, wait...

Sorry, yeah, that way.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(January 6, 2017 at 10:21 am)Little Rik Wrote:
(January 6, 2017 at 10:06 am)FatAndFaithless Wrote: Where do you get your idea of god from.

At one stage in my life I was very interested in knowing what is behind this universal drama.
At that stage a mysterious force brought me to the teacher.

The saying goes........when the student is ready the teacher will appear.  Lightbulb

(January 6, 2017 at 10:11 am)Mr Greene Wrote: Religions portray themselves as representing their deity/ies.
What other source would you suggest?

I suggest to keep an open mind to all possibilities and have the desire to know.  Lightbulb
If you, the student, know that you are ready because the right teacher came to you, how is that different from the fifty eleven religions that also believe they have found THE TRUTH?

OTOH

If you're open to the possibility that you might be listening to the wrong teacher then how can you ever know that you're ready?
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
(January 14, 2017 at 12:44 pm)Little Rik Wrote: When someone tell a lie he-she need to build up a story that support that lie.
And when that story is knocked down the liar need to build up a bigger story to save the face.
In doing this the building that the liar has created  may well collapse and the more that building is big the more the damage will cause if collapse.

It's almost as if you're describing all of your previous posts.

Quote:My parodies are just a way to show how foolish is to believe that nobody create the universe and that the universe run by itself.
If you can not do so then you are still stuck with a building full of fantasies.  Lightbulb
Do you have a parody to show how foolish it is to believe that the universe had to be created, but the creator didn't?

If I claim that god does not exist, can you demonstrate that I am wrong? Or does disproving a negative only count when you demand it?

If you can't account for god the way you account for the universe, it seems as if you're the one stuck in a building full of fantasies.

You didn't think of that, did you Rik? Hedgehog Dog Bone Skunk Blond Moment
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(January 15, 2017 at 7:05 am)Tonus Wrote:
(January 14, 2017 at 12:44 pm)Little Rik Wrote: When someone tell a lie he-she need to build up a story that support that lie.

It's almost as if you're describing all of your previous posts.

Quote:My parodies are just a way to show how foolish is to believe that nobody create the universe and that the universe run by itself.
Do you have a parody to show how foolish it is to believe that the universe had to be created, but the creator didn't?

If I claim that god does not exist, can you demonstrate that I am wrong?  Or does disproving a negative only count when you demand it?

If you can't account for god the way you account for the universe, it seems as if you're the one stuck in a building full of fantasies.

You didn't think of that, did you Rik?  Hedgehog  Dog Bone  Skunk  Blond Moment

Fool.   Banging Head On Desk

Have you ever seen money coming in your pocket as per magic?
Have you ever found someone who gave you a house for free?
Have you ever seen the sun going west to east?
Have you ever seen people that don't fall down when they jump from a tall building?
Have you ever seen an army without any commander?
Have you ever seen a baby born as per magic without any parents?

Get real Ton.
Behind any happening there got to be a reason and a creator.
If you believe that things happen as per magic and that they control themselves then you are a fool.
And if you try to create excuse for that then you are a double fool.  Banging Head On Desk  Banghead  Banging Head On Desk
(January 14, 2017 at 7:09 pm)Rhondazvous Wrote:
(January 6, 2017 at 10:21 am)Little Rik Wrote: At one stage in my life I was very interested in knowing what is behind this universal drama.
At that stage a mysterious force brought me to the teacher.

The saying goes........when the student is ready the teacher will appear.  Lightbulb

I suggest to keep an open mind to all possibilities and have the desire to know.  Lightbulb
If you, the student, know that you are ready because the right teacher came to you, how is that different from the fifty eleven religions that also believe they have found THE TRUTH?

OTOH

If you're open to the possibility that you might be listening to the wrong teacher then how can you ever know that you're ready?

We are all different Rhonda.
We choose different path to travel in search for peace of mind and total bliss.
If you look in the NDEs experiences....... http://www.nderf.org/Archives/exceptional.html ..........you will find different people that travel different ways and yet God doesn't argue with them as far as they follow a moral way to deal with their lives.
Despite the fact that they don't follow yoga like me they still are shown the knowledge and the way to climb the spiritual path.
Everybody can receive the knowledge from the teacher.
I never said that I am the only one who receive it.
It is true that many people say that they follow the correct path even if they only dream that they follow
so how do you know who is right and who is wrong?
One way is to see whether the teaching lead to real progress or not.
I only can talk for myself and as far as the teachings lead to progress I am quite satisfy that I had the right teacher and the right teachings.
All the rest is up to everybody else to work out and that will only happen when they put an effort in it.  Lightbulb
(January 15, 2017 at 9:16 am)Little Rik Wrote: If you believe that things happen as per magic and that they control themselves then you are a fool.

You DO realize that you just called YOURSELF a fool, right?  Because YOU'RE the one who thinks that things happen by magic, not me.  As for your laughable list...

Quote:Have you ever seen money coming in your pocket as per magic?
Have you ever found someone who gave you a house for free?
Have you ever seen the sun going west to east?
Have you ever seen people that don't fall down when they jump from a tall building?

You DO realize that we have natural explanations for all of these, right?  We know where money comes from.  We know how houses are built.  We know why the Sun appears to rise and set.  We know how gravity works.  Get this... all of those explanations are natural.  Find me a natural explanation for god.  I'll wait.

Quote:Have you ever seen an army without any commander?
Yes, it's called a mob.

Quote:Have you ever seen a baby born as per magic without any parents?
You mean like the magical creation of a person by a god?

Are you TRYING to make yourself look like a moron?  I was teasing you when I used your "you didn't think of that" line in my previous post, but apparently you decided to take the question seriously and answer with a resounding "YES."  Look, man... being as spectacularly ignorant as you are is a testament to the effort required, but that's not a good thing!  First, get a clue.  Then, get a goddammned education.  I'm starting to feel sorry for you.

-Stephen Jay Gould
(January 14, 2017 at 12:44 pm)Little Rik Wrote:
(January 13, 2017 at 11:36 pm)Aoi Magi Wrote: Explain why it doesn't make sense please.

I and a lot of other people have evidence that God exist but there is a but.
The but is that God is felt within and is not transferable to other.
You conquer God and God belong to you.
Is like when you are in love with someone.
Would you want any third party in the middle?
But as I already said to other in this forum even if you would want someone else between
you and God that wouldn't be possible.
God reward only those who try.
So this way to give evidence that God exist is not on even if by looking at the pineal gland purity
it would be possible to understand someone closeness to God.
In the past the saints were represented with an aureola on top of the head around the pineal gland
but the personal experiences with God are just personal so let them be personal.
Today thanks to easy communications we can see hundreds of people who had an NDE experience.
Not that in the past people did not have these experiences.
They also had in the past but because there was not easy communication and because there was
the thread to be taken as mad people their experiences stay hidden.
Now coming to your question why it does not make sense what you say.
You reckon that................An NDE would be evidence for god if all other contending ideas/explanations could be ruled out and that would be the only explanation remaining, so far that isn't the case. So claiming it as a clear evidence of god is quite dishonest.......

Why there would be the need to rule out all other explanations to see that the NDEs are real?
As I already said in the previous post the ways to God are infinite.
I have evidence that God exist because I feel him within.
There are infinite ways to realize that God exist not just one.
There are infinite ways to get to Rome.
Why there should be only one way?
That is why your idea that we should rule out ............ all other contending ideas/explanations.......is faulty.  Lightbulb

So basically your argument here is premised on the assumption that none of us will tackle a wall of shit this high.  The argument is a good one, it just doesn't address Aoi's request.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What does Sam Harris mean by saying that religions are failed sciences? FlatAssembler 18 910 January 23, 2024 at 1:32 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  How would Abrahamic religions end? mota 18 8643 August 2, 2018 at 6:56 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Does atheism oppose the world religions? cosmology 31 6058 January 4, 2018 at 10:52 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Atheistic religions Der/die AtheistIn 21 6671 August 10, 2017 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  Let us think why humanity developed several religions but only one science? Nishant 10 2869 January 4, 2017 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Religions future in the world... Won2blv 21 3507 June 15, 2015 at 7:31 am
Last Post: Aoi Magi
  Do we need to study all the religions to know that God doesn't exist? Twisted 14 4350 May 9, 2015 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Are all religions equally harmful? (Islam) Dystopia 16 4925 February 21, 2015 at 12:28 am
Last Post: psychoslice
  pointing out the unethical treatment of women in religions makes me a meanie? justin 4 2766 March 2, 2013 at 3:35 am
Last Post: justin
  Religions I might try before becoming a full Atheist... dudeofawesome 28 6720 February 12, 2013 at 2:07 am
Last Post: Angrboda