Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 1:15 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need confirm on Teddy R quote. &OP/ED
Need confirm on Teddy R quote. &OP/ED
It is a gem, and posted on Snopes. But did request conformation from the claimed source Kansas City Star. It would make sense regardless, but kinda hard if true, for jackass Trump to pick a public fight with media, oh and no, it was not the first time anyway for Trump.

What makes this asshole dangerous, isn't that he even disagrees, with media. It is his tone of demagoguery and the tone of attack. He did the same thing in his run to a Hispanic reporter too. But the attack on CNN during his stage act, should send chills down any journalist's spine. 

As a private citizen yes we do criticize media and even blaspheme media too. But that is our job, our role, not to silence dissent but to act as a voice to create more quality. When you are in the role of President, you dont talk in a bully's tone, like Trump has. There is no free society without a free press. 

The hypocrisy of his 5 years of painting Obama as "other" knowing that was bullshit, and his year of demagoguery of multiple groups and using bullshit peddler Bannon to win and preying off conspiracy voters whom love bullshit peddlers like Alex Jones and Breitbart is astounding to see him complain about "fake news" and attack CNN. 

I do think that the major NETWORKS chase ratings and have far too widely abandon objectivity to sell add space. But I don't say that to bully media or try to silence media. It is a very dangerous road for the highest power of our nation to use Trump's demagoguery tone, ESPECIALLY to media.

There is lots of crap on TV, lots of crap in the news, lots of "fake news" yes. But Trump isn't in the same role now, he is not a private citizen, he is not in a position to use his power like that. 

http://msgboard.snopes.com/message/ultim...8/p/1.html

I posted this because while I hate Farts News, I do defend any individual that does the right thing. Shepard Smith seems to be the only one with any balls at that crappy network. 

https://twitter.com/ShepNewsTeam

Now here is how a President, or President elect should handle disagreements with anyone, press CIA ect ect ect

President Elect " You certainly have the right to ask that question CNN, but I did address it, I don't find it credible, but if you want to wait, I will be happy to address it later, others want to ask questions too."

Trump simply has no clue what his role is. He is still acting like the entire world is a episode of WWE. This is NOT protection of offensive speech or blasphemy. When politicians talk in a bully's tone, bad things will follow, when that includes bullying the press, it is the biggest alarm that everyone should be afraid of. 

Trump is behaving like the Theocracies of the middle east, like Kim Jong Un and North Korea. And anyone who has escaped Russia knows their horrible history of bullying their media and even having them arrested or worse. Trump is very dangerous, I don't say that lightly and no, this is not sour grapes. This should scare the shit out of both republicans and democrats. 

It is our job to be the blasphemers, questioners, it is the role of the politician to protect the media, not bully the media. TO CNN ABC NBC CBS MSNBC and all newspapers news media, left or right, Trump's repeated attacks go beyond mere disagreement, beyond economics, he is not a voice for those with none, his is simply a narcissist bully and extremely dangerous to western society and the protection of a free press.
RE: Need confirm on Teddy R quote. &OP/ED
T.R. was one of two great republican presidents of the 20th century.  He has nothing in common with a fascist turd like Drumpf.

Quote:If I were an employee, a working man ... or a wage-earner of any sort, I undoubtedly would join a union of my trade... I believe in the union and I believe that all men are morally bound to help to the extent of their powers in the common interests advanced by the union.

– Theodore Roosevelt
RE: Need confirm on Teddy R quote. &OP/ED
(January 12, 2017 at 8:48 am)Brian37 Wrote: What makes this asshole dangerous, isn't that he even disagrees, with media. It is his tone of demagoguery and the tone of attack. He did the same thing in his run to a Hispanic reporter too. But the attack on CNN during his stage act, should send chills down any journalist's spine.
No, this is what should send chills down journalists' spines:
http://www.gallup.com/poll/195542/americ...w-low.aspx

Trump can only get away with this because journalists have already destroyed the peoples' trust in them. Complaining about it isn't going to change it. If they start reporting fairly, the trust will come back in time.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rush Limbaugh quote. onlinebiker 65 4039 February 14, 2020 at 7:01 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Australian leader recites Quran and quote Mohammed mralstoner 51 4621 June 19, 2016 at 12:16 am
Last Post: Aractus