Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:04 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spam Detection (READ THIS IF YOUR POSTS KEEP DISAPPEARING)
Spam Detection (READ THIS IF YOUR POSTS KEEP DISAPPEARING)
As some of you may have noticed, we've been battling a large amount of spam recently. I've just implemented a new spam detection feature which will hopefully now catch the spam as it is posted.

Please be aware this will not be perfect and may result in two issues:

1) Spam getting through the filter and still being displayed (please report this as per usual)
2) Posts made by regular users being detected as spam, despite it not being spam.

If you make a thread / post and it doesn't display, the second issue may have happened to you. Do not panic, your post is not deleted, but it is automatically hidden. PM a staff member and we will check for you.

- Tiberius
RE: Spam Detection
You wanna buy sum faysekreemz?

Testing spam filter logic #1
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Appreciate all your good work there!!

We will cooperate with your efforts to keep a tidy forum, my liege !!!
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(November 18, 2015 at 10:42 pm)ignoramus Wrote: You wanna buy sum faysekreemz?

Testing spam filter logic #1

Reported for spam.

Tongue

In all seriousness, though.  Thank you for the work you do here, Tibs.  No doubt much of what is done you do silently, behind the scenes, to keep this place running smoothly.
Dying to live, living to die.
Still, I find myself wistful we don't actually get to emasculate spammers, nor drop them head first into the whirling knives of death . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I wanna report Evie for peddling his turtliness at every opportunity!
His products don't even come with an arsehole for Christ's sake... Cheapskate!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
I'm for anything that makes the staff's life a little easier.

But, you know, not too easy!
(November 18, 2015 at 11:11 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Still, I find myself wistful we don't actually get to emasculate spammers, nor drop them head first into the whirling knives of death . . .

[Image: spammerinjail.jpg]
So how does this work exactly? Or is it being kept a secret so the spammers won't learn how to subvert the system?

Ha ha ha! As though any wannabe spammer would put in enough effort to read this thread!
Alright, now I forgive you for beating me at fantasy football this week, Tibs.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  i keep getting contradictory messages from staff rocinantexyz 12 2423 November 29, 2022 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  A request to delete my posts in the members photo thread WinterHold 30 4751 July 1, 2020 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Today's Posts? Yonadav 9 1658 March 23, 2019 at 1:00 am
Last Post: Sal
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Spam Filter Registration Acrobat 2 920 January 16, 2019 at 10:05 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Is there a quick way to view new posts in an existing thread? fromdownunder 6 1382 September 18, 2018 at 4:34 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Spam Definition AFTT47 24 3605 May 17, 2018 at 11:25 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  List Posts BrianSoddingBoru4 15 3086 April 7, 2018 at 8:02 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Issue with clicking "View New Posts" Foxaèr 5 1396 July 23, 2017 at 6:09 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  All posts in this thread have vanished! Aroura 0 1058 February 15, 2017 at 12:31 pm
Last Post: Aroura