Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 2:52 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Game #5
RE: Game #5
What I will say is that over the course of the thread you've all identified a number of words which pass rule #3. Here are a few:

lentivirus watch without symbol previous popcorn making cooked methods vertical

Find out what links all of those words, and you'll immediately understand the rule, and you'll be able to create posts that pass rule #3 that don't use any of those words.

Rule #1 was broken! You have been banned from this thread for 1 minute.
@ c also equals m
caking

Rule #4 was broken! You have been banned from this thread for 1 minute.
(April 5, 2017 at 3:57 pm)Tiberius Wrote: What I will say is that over the course of the thread you've all identified a number of words which pass rule #3. Here are a few:

Find out what links all of those words, and you'll immediately understand the rule, and you'll be able to create posts that pass rule #3 that don't use any of those words.

That's what I figured... that if it was those (or any particular words) it would be too arbitrary... so it's just about trying to work out what your function does with an incoming word, any word.

You'll also kick yourselves once you realize what it is.

(April 5, 2017 at 4:00 pm)Tiberius Wrote: You'll also kick yourselves once you realize what it is.

Yes I know... I predicted that earlier Big Grin It will have been staring us in the face all along Wink

@leviticus
sucitivel

Rule #3 was broken! You have been banned from this thread for 1 minute.
Okay... looks like Emjay has this figured out more than I do because my thoughts weren't going in the direction they should have been. I'm not good at figuring out code or whatever this is... so I'm gonna let someone else take it from here unless I can actually understand any of this. If not, I'm back to square one.

Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.

we know that vowels are interchangeable, but I don't see that we can add or subtract them. I'll denote the number of vowels with a numeral instead of listing them. So:

1 chtw
2 blms
2 cnppr
2 gkmn
2 dhmst
3 httw
3 cdk
3 clrtv
4 lnrtsv
4 prsv

We've got the following relationships:

m = c = p = lnt = sn
lt = s
kd = vrtl = vrs
kg = ccr

grrrr

How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
(April 5, 2017 at 4:09 pm)Nymphadora Wrote: Okay... looks like Emjay has this figured out more than I do because my thoughts weren't going in the direction they should have been. I'm not good at figuring out code or whatever this is... so I'm gonna let someone else take it from here unless I can actually understand any of this. If not, I'm back to square one.

No no... don't think like that... I'm probably wrong... probably over-complicating things as I tend to do Wink

(April 5, 2017 at 4:20 pm)emjay Wrote:
(April 5, 2017 at 4:09 pm)Nymphadora Wrote: Okay... looks like Emjay has this figured out more than I do because my thoughts weren't going in the direction they should have been. I'm not good at figuring out code or whatever this is... so I'm gonna let someone else take it from here unless I can actually understand any of this. If not, I'm back to square one.

No no... don't think like that... I'm probably wrong... probably over-complicating things as I and TRJF tend to do Wink

fixed that for you.  I'm looking at individual letters and things, like their positions on the keyboard, the number of strokes it takes to make them.  It doesn't appear possible for the link between words to be semantic, because letters are being rearranged and vowels are being swapped out and such, so it might be something as wacky as "number of vowels equals number of enclosed loops in the consonants" or something like that

How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.