Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 11:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dear Western Atheists
RE: Dear Western Atheists
What you want that is achievable is freedom of religion. That is at levels comparable to most European countries in a number of Muslim-majority countries: Algeria, Angola, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, and Syria (until the recent unpleasantness) come to mind.

The struggle is a struggle for equal rights, and that happens through persistent civil rights movements.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
I think it takes far more courage to be an atheist in the Middle East and other Muslim dominated areas, than in the west. The religious fundamentalists here would LOVE to have the ability to silence us permanently but they can't get away with it any more.

From what I've seen online there are growing atheist communities across Muslim dominated areas of the world and, I hope, after seeing what religious extremism has done to Syria, Iraq, and other nations, that the people will see just how harmful this extremism is and turn away from religion.

Unfortunately, unless something drastic happens, I think a lot more blood will be spilled before atheism is acceptable, let alone a majority.
Dying to live, living to die.
I would support any political movement in the Arab world that strove for liberal ideals such as equality of the sexes, freedom of speech and press, freedom to worship or not, representative democracy. I would not care if moderate muslims , not only atheists, were fighting for these ideals. I am sick of my country supporting more favorable tyrrants because " the enemy of my enemy is my friend". A free society is the safest place for atheists.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

You are aware that the West has been fighting several Muslim nations since 2001, and the inevitable result has been relatively stable totalitarian states being replaced with even worse structures, right?

The only way you can hope for a change to happen is to make it happen, with the help of some like-minded individuals. Experience (from the 1979 Iranian Revolution to Arab Spring) suggests it might not work, but it has more of a chance of working than a Western Invasion.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
There came a period where Atheists were more numerous then now among the Muslim population percentage wise.   Study a little history.  I wouldn't mind people being allowed to express their apostacy and stir debate. Society needs to think about all these essentials questions and not be idle nor follow blindly.

I favor this debate happens, as people will come to realize the firm arguments of Quran for God, his path, his Messengers, and the appointed leaders and guides.

God is the true witness of all things by which we borrow from his perception, light, and sight to see.
(April 4, 2017 at 7:49 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: There came a period where Atheists were more numerous then now among the Muslim population percentage wise.   Study a little history.  I wouldn't mind people being allowed to express their apostacy and stir debate. Society needs to think about all these essentials questions and not be idle nor follow blindly.

I favor this debate happens, as people will come to realize the firm arguments of Quran for God, his path, his Messengers, and the appointed leaders and guides.

God is the true witness of all things by which we borrow from his perception, light, and sight to see.
Fucking Allah has nothing to do with personal liberty.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Quote:I favor this debate happens, as people will come to realize the firm arguments of Quran for God, his path, his Messengers, and the appointed leaders and guides.

That is not the way it worked out in the West and allah is just as much bullshit as all the rest of it.  Be careful what you wish for.
(April 4, 2017 at 8:29 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:I favor this debate happens, as people will come to realize the firm arguments of Quran for God, his path, his Messengers, and the appointed leaders and guides.

That is not the way it worked out in the West and allah is just as much bullshit as all the rest of it.  Be careful what you wish for.

I want the truth to prevail, if Islam and it's Lord is false, then I want it to be proven false.
(April 4, 2017 at 11:13 pm)MysticKnight Wrote:
(April 4, 2017 at 8:29 pm)Minimalist Wrote: That is not the way it worked out in the West and allah is just as much bullshit as all the rest of it.  Be careful what you wish for.

I want the truth to prevail, if Islam and it's Lord is false, then I want it to be proven false.
OK, here's the proof.

Muhammad was a murderer, rapist and pedophile according to islamic scripture. The legacy of his teachings is violent misogyny and xenophobia in his name. This is not moral behavior at all.

The truth is that Muhammad was a successful cult leader in his time, not a supernatural hero. He died just like every other human being because there is nothing supernatural about him.  You claim god is omnipotent,  yet he needs to whisper into the ear of a mortal who was a murderer, rapist and pedophile? 

The fact is that the islamic world needs secular government (just as the Christian world did) in order to achieve greater moral social order. That is the proof that religions like islam are false.
If god was real he wouldn't need middle men to explain his wants or do his bidding.
(April 4, 2017 at 11:13 pm)MysticKnight Wrote:
(April 4, 2017 at 8:29 pm)Minimalist Wrote: That is not the way it worked out in the West and allah is just as much bullshit as all the rest of it.  Be careful what you wish for.

You're far too late.  Like all religions it is false.  Your precious islam is built on the shaky foundation of early iron age goat fuckers and their absurd superstitions.  The OT has been shown, by archeology, to be a pile of shit.  When the foundation crumbles all the houses built on it come tumbling down.

Grow up.  Get a life.  Stop groveling to imaginary sky-tyrants.