Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 12:15 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can I be Trans-Race or Trans-Class?
RE: Can I be Trans-Race or Trans-Class?
Well, quite a diversity of opinions. I wasn't really asking whether transgender people choose their transgender feelings. I was more talking about the clear logical step that if your gender is decided by your brain and not your genitals, then your race is also decided by your brain and not your skin color. And if it's your brain that decides your race and gender, not your skin color or your genitals, then you can make up pretty much whatever you want about yourself, and you can demand that other people honor your assertions about yourself on the grounds that they feel true, regardless of any outwardly observable biological realities.

And if you can change your race and gender simply by changing your mind about what your race and gender is, then why all the talk about race, gender, and social justice? All you'd have to do to get a pay raise would be to change your mind about your gender identity and race identity. You can say, "I look like a Hispanic female, but I actually identify as a white male and I request that you treat me as a white male for salary purposes."
I'm trans geriatric and go around demanding senior citizen discounts. Hey if you can claim to be whatever you feel you are in your delusional mind, why not just claim anything. Sometimes I claim to be an extinct dinosaur. I go around calling people bigots for oppressing me. As long as strange leftists are still promoting anything goes and moral relativity why not just claim to be something you are clearly not. After all if reality exists only in your mind you can be whatever you want. Granted the rest of us understand you are mentally ill, and not what you claim to be, but for the moment we will allow it. I'm not sure who is crazier though. The man who is clearly a man but claims to be a woman, or the person who accepts the man at his word and agrees he is a women when clearly he is not.
(April 23, 2017 at 3:19 am)scoobysnack Wrote: . I'm not sure who is crazier though. The man who is clearly a man but claims to be a woman, or the person who accepts the man at his word and agrees he is a women when clearly he is not.

You will have in all probability spoken to a woman without realising that she is a MTF transsexual. You would have just seen her as a woman, treated her as a woman and thought of her as a woman because there would have been nothing in your mind to suggest otherwise. Why should knowing her medical past change that?

(April 23, 2017 at 2:46 am)InquiringMind Wrote: And if it's your brain that decides your race and gender, not your skin color or your genitals, then you can make up pretty much whatever you want about yourself, and you can demand that other people honor your assertions about yourself on the grounds that they feel true, regardless of any outwardly observable biological realities.

Because there exists real measurable observable differences in the brain structures of men and women which is consistent with the claims transsexuals make. The same cannot be said of people of different races.

(April 21, 2017 at 7:33 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: n fact most people who identify as transgendered don't have final surgery. They choose not to for one reason or another.

[CITATION REQUIRED]
(April 23, 2017 at 3:19 am)scoobysnack Wrote: I'm not sure who is crazier though. The man who is clearly a man but claims to be a woman, or the person who accepts the man at his word and agrees he is a women when clearly he is not.

How 'bout...the grown fella who believes in giantsBig Grin
(April 23, 2017 at 6:17 am)Mathilda Wrote:
(April 23, 2017 at 3:19 am)scoobysnack Wrote: . I'm not sure who is crazier though. The man who is clearly a man but claims to be a woman, or the person who accepts the man at his word and agrees he is a women when clearly he is not.

You will have in all probability spoken to a woman without realising that she is a  MTF transsexual. You would have just seen her as a woman, treated her as a woman and thought of her as a woman because there would have been nothing in your mind to suggest otherwise. Why should knowing her medical past change that?

(April 23, 2017 at 2:46 am)InquiringMind Wrote: And if it's your brain that decides your race and gender, not your skin color or your genitals, then you can make up pretty much whatever you want about yourself, and you can demand that other people honor your assertions about yourself on the grounds that they feel true, regardless of any outwardly observable biological realities.

Because there exists real measurable observable differences in the brain structures of men and women which is consistent with the claims transsexuals make. The same cannot be said of people of different races.

(April 21, 2017 at 7:33 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: n fact most people who identify as transgendered don't have final surgery. They choose not to for one reason or another.  

[CITATION REQUIRED]

A spade is a spade. It's not a diamond or a club. This whole notion that you can claim to be whatever you imagine is really just fantasy and those who enable it are doing the damage to the collective consciousness. You all have opened pandora's box and about to feel the wrath of hypocrisy slap you in the face.
So don't bother with evidence or logic, just ask won't someone think of the children collective conscious.
(April 20, 2017 at 8:59 pm)Tiberius Wrote: You think transgender people "choose" their gender. That's your first problem.

I agree that transgender folks do not choose their gender. But otherwise, I do think he raises an interesting point. Theoretically speaking, if someone truly identifies as a different race, should we handle that the same way we handle the transgender issue?

(April 21, 2017 at 1:09 am)InquiringMind Wrote:
(April 20, 2017 at 10:37 pm)Neo-Scholastic Wrote: And then there are the people who claim to be gender fluid.

That's my understanding about modern thought with gender: it's fluid spectrum, and each individual has the right to choose where they are on that spectrum, or to not be on the spectrum at all.
 Gender can even change from day to day within and individual, and who are you to tell someone they can't be a woman one day and an a non-binary gender of their choice the next?

So race and class must be fluid spectra as well, and we have a right to choose where we are one the race spectrum and the class spectrum.

But they don't do that because they want to. It's a legitimate condition they have that we don't yet know much about - whether it be feeling like they are the wrong sex (trans), or feeling different about their sex with each day (fluid). Either way, it is a condition they have and not something that was freely chosen.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(April 23, 2017 at 6:17 am)Mathilda Wrote: You will have in all probability spoken to a woman without realising that she is a  MTF transsexual. You would have just seen her as a woman, treated her as a woman and thought of her as a woman because there would have been nothing in your mind to suggest otherwise. Why should knowing her medical past change that?

There are some dead giveaways for MTF transsexuals in the form of secondary sexual characteristics: the big Adam's apple, the square jaw, the bulky hairy forearms, the big hands, the voice speaking in the top of its register, and even facial hair.  When I see such as person, it's clear to me that it's a dude, not a chick.  

And perhaps there is a difference in the brain structure of a trans-race person, but we just haven't found it yet.  I'm pretty confident that when being transracial become politically trendy the same way that transgenderism has, scientists will suddenly find a difference in the brain of transracial people.  There are people who claim to be transracial:

http://globalnews.ca/news/2057320/is-rac...rent-race/
(April 23, 2017 at 1:41 pm)InquiringMind Wrote: There are some dead giveaways for MTF transsexuals in the form of secondary sexual characteristics: the big Adam's apple, the square jaw, the bulky hairy forearms, the big hands, the voice speaking in the top of its register, and even facial hair.  When I see such as person, it's clear to me that it's a dude, not a chick.  

Those are only the ones you notice, and they are almost always the older ones that transitioned late in life. It is quite possible to transition so no one can tell.

(April 23, 2017 at 1:41 pm)InquiringMind Wrote: And perhaps there is a difference in the brain structure of a trans-race person, but we just haven't found it yet.

Loads of references here:

http://aebrain.blogspot.co.uk/p/transsex...ntity.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stria_terminalis

Quote:The central subdivision of the bed nucleus of the stria terminalis (BSTc) is sexually dimorphic. On average, the BSTc is twice as large in men as in women and contains twice the number of somatostatin neurons.[5] A sample of six male-to-female transsexuals taking estrogen were found to have female-typical number of cells in the BSTc, whereas a female-to-male transsexual taking testosterone was found to have a male-typical number.[6][7] The authors (W. Chung, G. De Vries, Dick Swaab) also examined subjects with hormone-related disorders and found no pattern between those disorders and the BSTc while the single untreated male-to-female transsexual had a female-typical number of cells. They concluded that the BSTc provides evidence for a neurobiological basis of gender identity disorder and proposed that such was determined before birth.

Transsexual differences caught on brain scan

Quote:Differences in the brain’s white matter that clash with a person’s genetic sex may hold the key to identifying transsexual people before puberty. Doctors could use this information to make a case for delaying puberty to improve the success of a sex change later.

Medics are keen to find concrete physical evidence to help those children who feel they are trapped in the body of the opposite sex. One key brain region involved is the BSTc, an area of grey matter. But the region is too small to scan in a living person so differences have only been picked up at post-mortem.

Antonio Guillamon‘s team at the National University of Distance Education in Madrid, Spain, think they have found a better way to spot a transsexual brain. In a study due to be published next month, the team ran MRI scans on the brains of 18 female-to-male transsexual people who’d had no treatment and compared them with those of 24 males and 19 females.

Now you demonstrate to me that there is an inherent difference in brain structure of different races and other than Rachel Dolezal, some people identify  as a different race.
(April 21, 2017 at 7:21 pm)bennyboy Wrote: That being said. . . what about a white baby adopted by black parents?  Is there a "black culture?"  " Then I'd have to say someone could identify as "culturally black."

I highly doubt that a group of people 37-million strong (at least in America) could exist for almost four centuries, especially with most of that time spent as outsiders (and still today to some extent) the dominant culture didn't like, without creating a culture of their own. Granted, it's become part of the larger culture, but it's safe to say there's still a black culture

Also, I cannot, in good conscience think about your hypothetical about a white child adopted by black parents and identifying as black without thinking about this:

Why, yes, I do love The Jerk.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Critical Race Theory Spongebob 198 10578 January 21, 2022 at 11:27 am
Last Post: Spongebob
  Elizabeth Warren out of race onlinebiker 47 3312 March 12, 2020 at 12:19 pm
Last Post: Mermaid
  Latino is not a race BrokenQuill92 29 1909 December 16, 2019 at 4:35 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Race baiting is economic racism Rickimoto 3 437 April 1, 2019 at 2:00 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Race baiting, economic reasons. But why isnt it defined as racism? Rickimoto 4 501 April 1, 2019 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Anti Trans And Why It Fails Amarok 78 7626 December 27, 2018 at 6:27 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Anti Trans Bathroom Law Proganada is Kind Of Misandrist Amarok 30 3247 March 7, 2018 at 11:03 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Just who are the middle class? Europa! 5 1059 September 19, 2017 at 1:37 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  McCain Showed Some Class - Pence Is Just A Sleazebag Minimalist 7 1573 June 13, 2017 at 8:36 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Can someone tell me where in the 2nd amendment it says you can carry machine guns? NuclearEnergy 310 70517 May 16, 2017 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger