Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 3:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AF Biggest Loser/Fitness Challenge-May 3 to Whenever We're Not Fat Anymore
RE: AF Biggest Loser/Fitness Challenge-May 3 to Whenever We're Not Fat Anymore
(May 15, 2017 at 10:00 am)Shell B Wrote: Holding in your stomach just makes it concave or pull it at the middle. Flexing your stomach can make muscles more prominent, but I don't doubt your images. You don't have to justify your journey to anyone.

^^^^^

This. That's why I like this thread. It's support, not judgy.

I messed up this weekend towards the end. Had too much beer and also pizza. Sigh.
Today I'll make up for it with food prepping for the week.
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
Food prepping is a huge help. I've been prepping my snacks. It helps me control my intake of things like trail mix.
I haven't been too active on this thread... this is when the results don't come so quickly...
On some days, I do manage to go to work and back, most of the way using the bike's highest gear.... it is a grind in places, but totally doable.
Today, I felt the wind on my face and made it through anyway... so I suppose that's progress! Smile
Most days I come across people that are coming the opposite way or slow-pokes heading where I'm heading which, given the narrowness of the path in some places, force me to slow down, gear down and once that's done, it's not so easy to pick up the pace again.
But on those days when I have it all to myself, it's been 8th (max) gear all the way!

I've found three tricks to get some more juice for little or no extra effort:
- Lean to the side of the leg that's pushing down - extra upper body workout! If it wasn't for this, i couldn't go uphill in 8th gear. Just couldn't.
- Use your feet wisely. The front of the foot goes on the pedal, not the middle of the foot, not the toes. Also, you can use your ankle, so your foot follows more of the circle of the pedal's motion. This second thing requires quite a bit of concentration for me, so I mostly ignore it.
- Breathe.... keep breathing with a good rhythm. It doesn't have to be synchronized with the pedaling, but try to not break the rhythm. This also takes some concentration, so it also gets lost sometimes.... it's mostly useful when going uphill... but, once there and on flat terrain, it's also required!

So, how's Tibs one mile daily jog coming along?
When I run, I tend to forget breathing... and it's oh so important not to forget that.
Well my new regimen of one banana/chocolate scone per week is working. Had one last Friday and then not again until this Friday. I think I can afford this.
Honestly? Tibs gave up weeks ago, but not intentionally. He's planning a trip to his homeland for a few weeks. Getting caught up here, keeping up with work and finding a day that it isn't pissing rain or 100 degrees out is tough. I'm hoping he'll find his groove again when he gets back, but I'm not going to hold him to it until he's finished being a best man. That's enough to deal with at once.

As for me, I'm still yo-yoing. I'm trying to find what works for me. The mental shaming clearly isn't it, but I can't help myself.
Using words like "I can" or "I will" can make a huge difference. If you know there is a holiday or celebration coming up it pays to train extra harder the week before, after, and during if possible. Sometimes it helps to be angry at yourself if it makes you more determined. 

This week the weather has nice and hot. Perfect time to increase the intensity.
Yeah, I can and I will are definitely better, than "you didn't, you fat cow." lol
lol ^^ yep. I try to avoid words like "i'll try," "i'll see if i can," "maybe," etc. (i know i just used one of them  Tongue) Even words like "i'll try my best" sounds uncertain and defeated. "I'll do my best" sounds a little better. So i went from "i will" to "i am and will continue." 

Pic 3. No after workout shots, that's cheating lol. No need to post anymore pics afterwards. I will continue to progress and train, just wanted to show my progress along the way. Threads like these can give you that extra boost of motivation. Thanks again for creating this.  Smile

Started April 4th with the pic i posted prior. May 27th: 

[Image: dJwKAHt.jpg?1]
I'm so happy you're still working hard.

I've made a commitment to put healthier options in this house all the time. Even if we get snack food, I'm aiming for trail mixes, apple slices, etc. If I do splurge on something like chips, it's veggie chips or baked chips.
What are veggie chips?
Aren't all chips veggie?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Love Your Body Challenge Shell B 39 3134 September 24, 2019 at 7:47 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  NFL may be headed to player negotiation. Brian37 9 1007 August 15, 2019 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  AF Biggest Loser/Fitness Challenge-April 1 to May 1 Shell B 232 22755 September 25, 2017 at 11:54 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Atheist Forums' Biggest Loser Shell B 64 5464 March 31, 2017 at 9:54 am
Last Post: Shell B
  Anyone here participate in Sports/Fitness? Lifelongnontheist 24 2613 February 1, 2017 at 6:39 pm
Last Post: yasalam
  Bracket Challenge? SteelCurtain 21 3804 April 5, 2015 at 8:34 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
Sad I got fat Something completely different 27 6553 July 9, 2013 at 1:14 pm
Last Post: rexbeccarox