Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 4.71 Average
Member Photos
RE: Member Photos
(November 17, 2017 at 10:47 am)Whateverist Wrote: Yeah, there may be something to working until you drop.  The minute you stop, you drop.  

I've got a year and change on you AT, and you're definitely in better shape than I am.  One of the things I'm liking about being retired is really having the time to work out.  Of course it is also dead necessary.  No worky, no healthy.

At our age we definitely need to stay active. But I don't know about that working until I drop, though! Wink  With what Social Security allows me, since I retired early last year, I can work 23 hours per week where I'm at and not be penalized. Also by working part time SS reevaluates my benefit amount each year for more money. When I turn 66 in three more years I can put in as many hours as I want. But I don't think I want to! Have you thought about working part time any? I don't know if I want to do this too much longer.

(November 17, 2017 at 11:00 am)Joods Wrote:
(November 17, 2017 at 10:50 am)A Theist Wrote: Yup. Definitely their loss. I've had coffee that way many times and it's better than brewing or drip. You get more caffeine and far less acid. In the States we call it either, Cowboy Coffee, or Campfire Coffee. I used to do a lot of camping and that was the way we made our coffee. Also, when we were on the construction site in the winter we made coffee that way as well. It's the best way to make coffee. Anymore for my caffeine high at work I'll eat a spoon full of instant coffee and wash it down with a cup of coffee. I've got a few other people at work hooked on that too. Our production numbers are through the roof.

Cowboy Coffee....

Thank you, Joods! A lot of people tell me that. In Ohio when you turn 60 you get a Golden Buckeye card which gives discounts at participating businesses. I'll get the sideway glances from the cashiers and I'll have to take out my ID to prove my age. Autozone gives a 10% discount to seniors and that comes to quite a savings if you're buying a lot of stuff there.

Discounts are awesome Big Grin

So at 46 years, I'm now starting to get things in the mail for the scooter store and hoverround lol That and the AARP seems to be interested in my life now :|

Ha! I didn't start getting anything from them until I was 50. Now it seems like AARP is sending me stuff every week.
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
(November 17, 2017 at 11:11 am)A Theist Wrote:
(November 17, 2017 at 10:47 am)Whateverist Wrote: Yeah, there may be something to working until you drop.  The minute you stop, you drop.  

I've got a year and change on you AT, and you're definitely in better shape than I am.  One of the things I'm liking about being retired is really having the time to work out.  Of course it is also dead necessary.  No worky, no healthy.

At our age we definitely need to stay active. But I don't know about that working until I drop, though! Wink  With what Social Security allows me, since I retired early last year, I can work 23 hours per week where I'm at and not be penalized. Also by working part time SS reevaluates my benefit amount each year for more money. When I turn 66 in three more years I can put in as many hours as I want. But I don't think I want to! Have you thought about working part time any? I don't know if I want to do this too much longer.

I'm going into my third lap of retirement and I'm finding I like it.  A lot.  My wife is always suggesting that I get a part time job but she is clueless about retirement.  She is ten years older, didn't retire from teaching until I did and still works at making and exhibiting her art work to the point of being busy a lot.  She is in China right not and won't be back until after turkey day giving talks, exhibiting and hob nobbing.  I guess that is what makes her happy but I think she gives retirement a bad name.

Me, I just want to read novels, work in the garden, go to the gym, walk the dogs and set people right on the internet.  Tough job but by gawd some one has to do it.
(November 17, 2017 at 11:20 am)Whateverist Wrote:
(November 17, 2017 at 11:11 am)A Theist Wrote: At our age we definitely need to stay active. But I don't know about that working until I drop, though! Wink  With what Social Security allows me, since I retired early last year, I can work 23 hours per week where I'm at and not be penalized. Also by working part time SS reevaluates my benefit amount each year for more money. When I turn 66 in three more years I can put in as many hours as I want. But I don't think I want to! Have you thought about working part time any? I don't know if I want to do this too much longer.

I'm going into my third lap of retirement and I'm finding I like it.  A lot.  My wife is always suggesting that I get a part time job but she is clueless about retirement.  She is ten years older, didn't retire from teaching until I did and still works at making and exhibiting her art work to the point of being busy a lot.  She is in China right not and won't be back until after turkey day giving talks, exhibiting and hob nobbing.  I guess that is what makes her happy but I think she gives retirement a bad name.

Me, I just want to read novels, work in the garden, go to the gym, walk the dogs and set people right on the internet.  Tough job but by gawd some one has to do it.

That's great. You put your time in and you paid into the system. It's past time to enjoy the rest of your life and to do the things you've never had time to do in the past. I hope you enjoy your well deserved retirement. I'll be doing the same full retirement sooner or later.

BTW, next time your wife takes another trip to China you think she could take mine along with her?
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
Well, to be honest I think infrequent trips apart are just great for a relationship. I enjoy moving at my own rate without the need to coordinate from time to time. Plus her travel has payed for our travel frequently enough.

I'll have to see about her willingness to bring along your wife. Something tells me neither of them is going for it whatever you and I might think.
(November 17, 2017 at 10:50 am)A Theist Wrote:
(November 16, 2017 at 12:05 pm)AtlasS33 Wrote: Your loss. You just wasted like 50% of the caffeine fun in the world.
What is your favorite type ?

Yup. Definitely their loss. I've had coffee that way many times and it's better than brewing or drip. You get more caffeine and far less acid. In the States we call it either, Cowboy Coffee, or Campfire Coffee. I used to do a lot of camping and that was the way we made our coffee. Also, when we were on the construction site in the winter we made coffee that way as well. It's the best way to make coffee. Anymore for my caffeine high at work I'll eat a spoon full of instant coffee and wash it down with a cup of coffee. I've got a few other people at work hooked on that too. Our production numbers are through the roof.

Cowboy Coffee....

Around here boiling is the standard; since Turkish Coffee (aka Gabana/ Aahwa Mazboot) is the beans boiled with water and just it.
Native Arabs and ancient Turks were nomads; so I guess that's similar with the Cowboy lifestyle. With time it became a cultural habit to make coffee this way around here.

Why do we keep finding these in the coin machine?
“What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.”

Also if your signature makes my scrolling mess up "you're tacky and I hate you."
It is Texas. I'd be surprised if you didn't.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(November 22, 2017 at 10:21 am)mlmooney89 Wrote:

#JustTexasThings

Edit: Dammit brew
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]

Those nails... how can you use a computer keyboard with them?!
(November 22, 2017 at 11:00 am)pocaracas Wrote:

Those nails... how can you use a computer keyboard with them?!

lmao you would be the one to focus on that instead of what I'm holding Tongue

And I dunno I type just fine, they don't hinder anything. They aren't fake so they are pretty strong and none of my keyboards are the flat key kind...
“What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.”

Also if your signature makes my scrolling mess up "you're tacky and I hate you."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pet Photos thread where too much is never enough. Whateverist 1167 121226 March 25, 2024 at 8:26 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  New member Jillybean 19 458 March 4, 2024 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  New member titanif 8 858 October 10, 2023 at 7:09 pm
Last Post: MR. Macabre 666
  [Serious] Hi. Previous member here. I'm so sorry. Steelfist 2 641 September 21, 2023 at 5:00 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  New member PaulC 13 1328 August 13, 2023 at 7:50 pm
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  New member Dansup 9 1154 April 1, 2023 at 3:44 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  long time atheist, new member BloodyHeartland 17 1999 February 6, 2022 at 12:36 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  New Member johndoe122931 21 2571 June 2, 2021 at 7:06 am
Last Post: no one
  New Member freakygin 17 1521 May 30, 2021 at 6:03 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Old TTA Member here. bemore 18 2471 August 9, 2019 at 3:11 pm
Last Post: bemore