Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
19 dead, 50 injured, after terror attack
RE: 19 dead, 50 injured, after terror attack
(May 23, 2017 at 12:35 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: Whoever it was, whether a radical Islamist or not, it's hard to imagine how much of a complete coward this person is... to have targeted little girls of all people.

And yet in his religion he will be considered a hero martyr. Kind of like the dead catholics during the successful crusade.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(May 23, 2017 at 12:45 pm)mh.brewer Wrote:
(May 23, 2017 at 12:35 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: Whoever it was, whether a radical Islamist or not, it's hard to imagine how much of a complete coward this person is... to have targeted little girls of all people.

And yet in his religion he will be considered a hero martyr. Kind of like the dead catholics during the successful crusade.

The very specific, extreme, minority version of his religion (assuming it was radical Islam). Most Muslims are appalled by this, I am sure.

And no disrespect to you MH, but I also find it extremely annoying and irrelevant when people shove the crusades in my face (which happened 1000 years ago) every time a radical Islamist does his thing. Happens every time.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(May 23, 2017 at 12:45 pm)mh.brewer Wrote:

Gotta hand it to the crusaders' targets...they probably had enough sense not to actually invite catholics into their lands.
A Muslim I work with just then came into work saying the kids deserved to die so people in this country can understand what goes on in other counties.

After about an hour of me grilling him about it he backed down and admitted he was stupid and wrong and felt bad and so on.
It's lucky no one else over heard him say that because it could have been a lot worse.

I'm really friendly with that person but hearing him say that was just as bad as hearing someone say some kids deserved to get raped.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

(May 23, 2017 at 1:33 pm)paulpablo Wrote: A Muslim I work with just then came into work saying the kids deserved to die so people in this country can understand what goes on in other counties.

Now multiply that sentiment by how many similar Muslims are in the country.

And terror wins, and anti-immigration sentiments take hold and win elections.
I'm reading the odd unconfirmed report that the bomber was a Libyan refugee that had been here for 10yrs and his family had recently gone back and left him here. He's being reported as being British on the mainstream media though.
(May 23, 2017 at 1:33 pm)paulpablo Wrote: A Muslim I work with just then came into work saying the kids deserved to die so people in this country can understand what goes on in other counties.

After about an hour of me grilling him about it he backed down and admitted he was stupid and wrong and felt bad and so on.
It's lucky no one else over heard him say that because it could have been a lot worse.

I'm really friendly with that person but hearing him say that was just as bad as hearing someone say some kids deserved to get raped.

That is a horrible thing to say. Nobody I'd call sane should claim the west, much less Israel always gets it right when we respond to attacks coming from the east, but glad to see he backed off. 

Humans are going to respond to the violence of others, and that is just the problem with all religions, nobody wants to think about the religious divisions humans hand down to the next generation.
Correction, he was born in Manchester

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/...mber-know/

Quote:Born in Manchester in 1994, the second youngest of four children his parents were Libyan refugees who came to the UK to escape the Gaddafi regime.

Maybe the other person arrested was his brother?

Quote:There were unconfirmed reports in Manchester that the whole family apart from the two elder sons recently returned to Libya.
(May 23, 2017 at 1:41 pm)pocaracas Wrote:

Now multiply that sentiment by how many similar Muslims are in the country.

Anti-immigration sentiments seem preferable to DEAD CHILDREN.
(May 23, 2017 at 2:26 pm)alpha male Wrote:
(May 23, 2017 at 1:41 pm)pocaracas Wrote: Now multiply that sentiment by how many similar Muslims are in the country.

Anti-immigration sentiments seem preferable to DEAD CHILDREN.

Yes and? Buying into that fear in the west is exactly what the sickos want. 

So when the west responds to violence in the east because kids are killed in the west, their children never end up dead as a result of our responses? 

NOBODY is justifying or should justify what they do. But again, kids are whom suffer no matter the side when the adults fight and murder each other. That kid, no matter the side, is going to grow up hating those who killed their parents. 

This is especially what I hate about Israel and Palestine. They are both right and both wrong at the same time. 

Religion is the cause of this, and to me really isnt that much better than rival street gangs who pull drive by's and end up hitting an innocent kid in the process. The only difference to me between religion, and a street gang is that a street gang doesn't have political power. 

The west isn't perfect in every response and to pretend we are is absurd. NOBODY is justifying the concert attack by saying that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Attack on Russian Concert Hall Ravenshire 11 292 Yesterday at 11:14 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Fifty years after the Yom Kippur War LinuxGal 71 4315 October 18, 2023 at 3:57 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Who will become the next Prime Minister of the UK - after Boris Johnson? Dundee 21 1523 July 17, 2022 at 5:07 am
Last Post: GUBU
Thumbs Up 5 Dead 40 Injured in Waukesha Wi. onlinebiker 87 6884 December 6, 2021 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Terror attack at UK hospital downbeatplumb 6 480 November 15, 2021 at 10:17 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Louisiana cemetery 'sorry' after denying officer burial 'because he is black' zebo-the-fat 25 1483 January 31, 2021 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Misinformation drops dramatically after Trump gets banned from Twitter TaraJo 22 1511 January 20, 2021 at 9:59 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Stage set for impeachment after Pence dismisses House call to invoke 25th Am. WinterHold 26 966 January 15, 2021 at 6:24 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  BREAKING:Clashes erupt after Trump loyalists march against election results WinterHold 28 2030 December 14, 2020 at 11:54 am
Last Post: Aegon
  IS attack on Kabul Uni Foxaèr 4 463 November 3, 2020 at 8:58 am
Last Post: brewer