Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 2:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
What do scientists say about existence?
RE: What do scientists say about existence?
Sure it's got some exciting stuff but it's not reader friendly. It's so hard to read. So painfully boring for the most part.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
Probably, but you can always just skip to the smutty stuff, lol.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I'm still waiting to figure out how it was that Mary was married to Joseph, but she had a virgin conception and birth.

That guy have problems with the plumbing or what?
You never screw the bosses mistress, even if he marries her to you. Further, when the little bastard grows up to be just like his real dad™ you don't make a fuss about it. Everybody already knows, anyway.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
So the figurative apple never falls far from the tree.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(June 22, 2017 at 3:20 pm)bennyboy Wrote: I'm still waiting to figure out how it was that Mary was married to Joseph, but she had a virgin conception and birth.

That guy have problems with the plumbing or what?

[Image: _46939366_poster466afp.jpg]
Dying to live, living to die.
(June 20, 2017 at 9:51 pm)Astreja Wrote:
(June 20, 2017 at 3:38 pm)Cyberman Wrote: I think of them as coming from an Oort cloud of idiots...

(astronomy geek falls off chair laughing)

Now isn't that just one beautiful metaphor. I would even steal it and use it without permission in a sig line. But I hate these scrolling sig line thingies so I have them turned off. Bummer.
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
(June 22, 2017 at 4:02 am)ignoramus Wrote: I suppose on an atheist forum, the 2 lowest common denominators are fantasy vs reality.
The bible is the engine room for fantasy and science the engine room for reality.

And never the twain shall meet.
Science actually is used to validate the Biblical account of Creation; God reveals his existence by special revelation (scripture), and nature (general revelation). Scientists interpret one, the other is interpreted by theologians. 
Scripture stated Creation accurately millenniums before scientific verification. 1'st Chapter of Genesis gives 'Day' (interpreted correctly as long but finite periods of time) in physical time sequence; whereas, 2'nd chapter, states the 'why' of Creation which is not in physical time sequence.

1. Created the physical universe 13.79 bya. Then some 9 billion years were required to create heavy elements which were a product of stellar heat. These heavy elements are needed for the formation of planets and a requirement for advance life.  Genesis 1:1 Frame of Reference is from above the Earth.

Now, the Genesis account perspective changes to just above the surface of the waters that completely covered the primordial earth. And the Genesis 'Days' begin.

2. Cleared away the interplanetary debris and partially transformed Earth’s atmosphere so light (non-visible spectrum) from the heavenly bodies could penetrate to the surface of Earth’s oceans, primary for photosynthesis.
3. Established the water cycle.
4. Formed ocean basins and continental land masses and then subsequent land plant growth,
5. Transformed the atmosphere from translucent to transparent (visible light).
6. Produced swarms of small sea animals.
7. Created birds and sea mammals.   
8. Created land mammals capable of interacting with the future human race which included bi-pedal mammals as Neanderthals (non-spirit hominid - as is all mammals; and consequently have no existence after bodily death).
9. Created human species (Adam and Eve). Endowed with a Spirit (described  as ‘made in God’s image’) which gives them many orders-of-magnitude capabilities above mammals; and will have existence after bodily death. The Spirit within 'Man' is what enabled mankind to develop a global high-tech society which God is using to fulfill his reason for the universe: Redemption*. Angels were created with a Spirit and free will, with no redemption plan; whereas, mankind is created with a Spirit and free will and a Redemption plan which some will choose for eternal connection with God, others will not and will choose separation from God.

So in the end God gives each one their eternal desire. Sidebar: God has restrictions on His freedom - He can't do anything contra to His Nature - God can't, that's right, can't torment. The torment some will experience in their eternal home is self-imposed which is of a spiritual dearth nature (expected since humans were created in the image of God and that spiritual connection then becomes severed).

*God only needed one specie - Homo sapiens sapiens. That’s why the SETI Institute is wasting resources*. God has already created two Spirit creatures with free will as described above. Would be no reason to create a Spirit endowed creature without free will.

**expected to find simple life organism on Moon, Mars, due to the Late Heavy Bombardment (LHB) period (Hadean eon) that jettison microbial life from meteoric and comet impacts upon the Earth.

Atheist Credo: An universe by chance that also just happened to admit the observer by chance.
Let me think about that... No.
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
(July 3, 2017 at 2:19 am)Succubus Wrote: Let me think about that... No.

I see your "no" and raise you a "WTF?"

Snowtracks, if your purported god only needed Homo sapiens sapiens, how do you explain the Neanderthals and multiple other varieties of humans?

[a] Satan did it
[b] Science is lying
[c] Magic brownies

It's so sad when believers try to hijack science to make their daft mythology sound real...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Proving the Existence of a First Cause Muhammad Rizvi 3 758 June 23, 2023 at 5:50 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  The existence of God smithd 314 18945 November 23, 2022 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Veridican Argument for the Existence of God The Veridican 14 1597 January 16, 2022 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Schrodinger's Cat. What say you? Brian37 39 2292 October 19, 2020 at 11:59 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  A 'proof' of God's existence - free will mrj 54 6088 August 9, 2020 at 10:25 am
Last Post: Sal
  Best arguments for or against God's existence mcc1789 22 2710 May 22, 2019 at 9:16 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Argument Against God's Existence From God's Imperfect Choice Edwardo Piet 53 7906 June 4, 2018 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Objective Moral Values Argument AGAINST The Existence Of God Edwardo Piet 58 13610 May 2, 2018 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Berkeley's argument for the existence of God FlatAssembler 130 12969 April 1, 2018 at 12:51 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Arguments for God's Existence from Contingency datc 386 41199 December 1, 2017 at 2:07 pm
Last Post: Whateverist