Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
What do scientists say about existence?
RE: What do scientists say about existence?
Let's see. On the 3rd day, God created grass, herbs, and fruit trees. But angiosperms don't appear before dinosaurs. It was mosses and ferns and gymnosperms for hundreds of millions of years before that. Then the sun, moon, and stars on the fourth day...criminy, how can anyone think this is the same order of events discovered by science? Aquatic life, including whales, and birds on the 5th day...as has been pointed out, cetaceans didn't inhabit the ocean until long after land animals had developed, and birds certainly did not come before land animals either. On the sixth day we get insects, which should have preceded the whales and birds, land animals, and people. The people by over 400 million years.

Compare that with the evolutionary timeline: cell precursors, single-celled organisms, multi-celled organisms, simple plants, fish and insects, amphibians, reptiles, flowering plants and dinosaurs, mammals, birds, and leading to us; early primates, monkeys, apes, hominids, and finally modern humans.

It's understandable why an iron-age culture would get the order wrong. It's baffling that an information age person would think they got it right.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(July 17, 2017 at 11:59 pm)snowtracks Wrote:
(July 4, 2017 at 3:15 pm)TheBeardedDude Wrote: The fact that there is no evidence to corroborate your interpretation of genesis and the fact that the sequences are out of order, probably don't bother you?

For instance, mammals first evolved on land. Aquatic mammals didn't come first.

The water cycle was probably established quite early on based on isotopic evidence from the Jack Hills zircons

There were no continental landmasses on the early earth. The world was basically one big "ocean basin" early on. You didn't get continents for billions of years

Cheers
TheBeardedDude
Even evolution theory recognizes that land mammals returned to the sea. Why did marine mammals go back to the sea? http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/ocean-gia...tion/7577/
------------
Water cycle is listed early (above).
-------------------------------------
Continental landmasses - likewise listed early.

Um .. maybe sea mammals have fallen away from god's plan? They're in rebellion like Satan. But then, what are you gonna do? Give a mammal free will and, you know, fuck you god!
(July 18, 2017 at 6:23 pm)snowtracks Wrote:
(July 18, 2017 at 10:52 am)TheBeardedDude Wrote: I don't know WTF you think you're saying in this case that contradicts what I said in my reply. Do you seriously think I don't know about the return to water by land mammals? (hint: I do and that is the reason I worded my reply the way I did with respect to mammals)
Well then, you agree with my posted sequence.
6. Produced swarms of small sea animals.
7. Created birds and sea mammals.   
8. Created land mammals capable of interacting with the future human race which included bi-pedal mammals as Neanderthals (non-spirit hominid - as is all mammals; and consequently have no existence after bodily death).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The fact that there is no evidence to corroborate your interpretation of genesis and the fact that the sequences are out of order, probably don't bother you?
The water cycle was probably established quite early on based on isotopic evidence from the Jack Hills zircons
There were no continental landmasses on the early earth. The world was basically one big "ocean basin" early on. You didn't get continents for billions of years
Cheers
TheBeardedDude

No, your sequence is erroneous and factually incorrect. Sea mammals descended from land mammals. Therefore mammals of the sea CAN'T come before land mammals.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(July 19, 2017 at 1:22 pm)TheBeardedDude Wrote:
(July 18, 2017 at 6:23 pm)snowtracks Wrote: Well then, you agree with my posted sequence.
6. Produced swarms of small sea animals.
7. Created birds and sea mammals.   
8. Created land mammals capable of interacting with the future human race which included bi-pedal mammals as Neanderthals (non-spirit hominid - as is all mammals; and consequently have no existence after bodily death).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The fact that there is no evidence to corroborate your interpretation of genesis and the fact that the sequences are out of order, probably don't bother you?
Cheers
TheBeardedDude

No, your sequence is erroneous and factually incorrect. Sea mammals descended from land mammals. Therefore mammals of the sea CAN'T come before land mammals.
Okay, I see what you mean, the way I stated was incomplete. Actually My #8 was meant to convey domesticated animals that can serve mankind more directly then wild animals. Sorry for the confusion.
Atheist Credo: An universe by chance that also just happened to admit the observer by chance.
snowtracks, I don't see the point of all this. Are you claiming that the Bible is a champion of the idea of evolution? That seems unlikely.

And what's this about Neanderthals beings non-spirit hominids? You know that except for pure Africans, we are all part Neanderthal, right? Does that mean that our spirits are incomplete?
(July 19, 2017 at 3:08 pm)snowtracks Wrote:
(July 19, 2017 at 1:22 pm)TheBeardedDude Wrote: No, your sequence is erroneous and factually incorrect. Sea mammals descended from land mammals. Therefore mammals of the sea CAN'T come before land mammals.
Okay, I see what you mean, the way I stated was incomplete. Actually My #8 was meant to convey domesticated animals that can serve mankind more directly then wild animals. Sorry for the confusion.

That still makes no sense
[Image: giphy.gif]
Domesticated animals weren't "created"......not even by the remotest stretch of the imagination or the most threadbare term of art. The clue lies in the first word.........

"God" not only gets the order of creation wrong...an event that he was ostensibly present for...he then fails to secure the most basic provision for the sustenance of his favored species, leaving them to stumble around for hudreds of thousands of years until..just a blink ago in deep time, they finally get fed up with that bullshit - yoke some oxen, and grow some grass to chew on. It's amusing that man only seems to have begun to imagine that a creator who made them loved them after they had made their own earthly paradise by the sweat of their brow. Knowing little to nothing of their own history, the mistake is easily understood. How did they end up with all these animals to serve them and all of this food to eat...indeed....

An informative clue as to both the culture and timeframe that this creation myth arises from is that their status was conceptualized as a curse, wherein man would toil in misery., with the weeds and thorns rising up to bite him while his wife nagged on in perpetuity. Wherein the farmer was the lesser of the two brothers, who had murdered his divinely favored goatfucking sibling, and then gone on to build the worlds great cities.

No one other than a plainly ignorant and uncivilized cattle culture left behind after the dawn of ag would have made this shit up.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Proving the Existence of a First Cause Muhammad Rizvi 3 758 June 23, 2023 at 5:50 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  The existence of God smithd 314 18937 November 23, 2022 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Veridican Argument for the Existence of God The Veridican 14 1593 January 16, 2022 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Schrodinger's Cat. What say you? Brian37 39 2286 October 19, 2020 at 11:59 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  A 'proof' of God's existence - free will mrj 54 6088 August 9, 2020 at 10:25 am
Last Post: Sal
  Best arguments for or against God's existence mcc1789 22 2707 May 22, 2019 at 9:16 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Argument Against God's Existence From God's Imperfect Choice Edwardo Piet 53 7866 June 4, 2018 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Objective Moral Values Argument AGAINST The Existence Of God Edwardo Piet 58 13604 May 2, 2018 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Berkeley's argument for the existence of God FlatAssembler 130 12967 April 1, 2018 at 12:51 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Arguments for God's Existence from Contingency datc 386 41168 December 1, 2017 at 2:07 pm
Last Post: Whateverist