Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 1:19 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breastfeeding in public
RE: Breastfeeding in public
(June 19, 2017 at 10:26 pm)Fireball Wrote:
(June 19, 2017 at 9:21 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: Oh, I know!  It's ridiculous.  There are mommy wars over EVERYTHING - breastfeeding, co-sleeping versus crib, stay-at-home versus working mom.  Women can be terrible to each other.  From a dietetics POV, of course breast milk is best under ideal conditions, but that's just not how life works.  If baby is having medical issues and nursing isn't cutting it, you HAVE to supplement.  Failure to thrive is a far more serious and immediate concern in those situations.  

Not to mention, breastfeeding is really hard!  Noone tells you that you've got to learn latch technique, and positions, and what a newborn swallowing sounds like, and what proper sucking looks like, and ways to keep the tiny, flailing arms out of the way... I don't judge ANY woman for throwing in the towel.

So much it is, that people shouldn't judge for this. I was formula-fed. That may be why I'm not married to a gal with immense breasts. Rolleyes  Great story- one of my wife's friend's daughter had a baby recently. She went into labor and before the husband could get her and the gear into the car, she had the baby boy in the bathroom (3rd child- be warned!), with him barely catching him from falling on the floor. She has ample breasts, but that boy nurses both sides and then wants a bottle to boot, just like my eldest. And then he fills a diaper before she can finish changing him! Big Grin  I'm half afraid of what's going to happen when my spawn finally reproduces, and I get to baby sit.

This is my nightmare.

(June 20, 2017 at 12:59 pm)Nymphadora Wrote: Our station wagon didn't do that. What's funny is that my sister had to learn how to drive in that car. My mother finally replaced it in 1986 with a Chevy Celebrity, that I learned how to drive in. The Ford, IIRC, was a 1978.

OMG...my parents had TWO grey Chevy Celebrities in succession during my childhood. I learned to drive on the second (newer) one. We gave the older one to my high school bf and he eventually demolished the frame going too fast over a bump in the road, but it never quit ruining. The damn engine outlasted the body.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
RE: Breastfeeding in public
(June 20, 2017 at 8:46 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote:
(June 19, 2017 at 10:26 pm)Fireball Wrote: So much it is, that people shouldn't judge for this. I was formula-fed. That may be why I'm not married to a gal with immense breasts. Rolleyes  Great story- one of my wife's friend's daughter had a baby recently. She went into labor and before the husband could get her and the gear into the car, she had the baby boy in the bathroom (3rd child- be warned!), with him barely catching him from falling on the floor. She has ample breasts, but that boy nurses both sides and then wants a bottle to boot, just like my eldest. And then he fills a diaper before she can finish changing him! Big Grin  I'm half afraid of what's going to happen when my spawn finally reproduces, and I get to baby sit.

This is my nightmare.

(June 20, 2017 at 12:59 pm)Nymphadora Wrote: Our station wagon didn't do that. What's funny is that my sister had to learn how to drive in that car. My mother finally replaced it in 1986 with a Chevy Celebrity, that I learned how to drive in. The Ford, IIRC, was a 1978.

OMG...my parents had TWO grey Chevy Celebrities in succession during my childhood.  I learned to drive on the second (newer) one.  We gave the older one to my high school bf and he eventually demolished the frame going too fast over a bump in the road, but it never quit ruining.  The damn engine outlasted the body.  

Well, you know what labor feels like by now, so if it gets hairy, just lie down on the floor wherever you are. Any damage caused to said flooring will be orders of magnitude less than what could happen to your baby if it hit the floor head first. Sad I think I recall you might be trying again, eventually; this is actually why I posted. :yes:
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.