Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 1:52 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Official Television Thread
RE: Otter's Official Television Thread
I found another good show to watch.

Death in Paradise

Quote:A British inspector is transferred to Saint-Marie's police department, but he hates the sun, sea, and sand. The series follow his investigations into murders on the island. Later series see another British DI head the investigative team.

I actually watched an episode before posting about it, to make certain it was not rubbish.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Death In Paradise is turning out to be my new favorite crime show. I am almost finished with season one.

The acting is great, there are enough funny moments that are genuine rather than forced, and the setting is the beautiful Caribbean.

The show has been on since 2011 and it is still going strong.
~ Erin Hunter
I finished watching the season finale of Fearless, only six episodes so an easy watch, and the main moral of the season is to always question.

It was an amazing season and worth watching.
~ Erin Hunter
I just discovered the new upcoming television series Midnight, Texas is based on Charlaine Harris' books.

This is the same woman who wrote the series that turned into True Blood.

I read a few of her books, and the woman cannot write.

What is it about bad writers having their works turned into television shows and movies?

True Blood was an amazing show, so chances are Midnight, Texas will be a good show as well.

But what is it about bad writers that make people think, "Oh, this would make a great television show"?
~ Erin Hunter
(July 20, 2017 at 8:16 pm)Lutrinae Wrote: I just discovered the new upcoming television series Midnight, Texas is based on Charlaine Harris' books.

This is the same woman who wrote the series that turned into True Blood.

I read a few of her books, and the woman cannot write.

What is it about bad writers having their works turned into television shows and movies?

True Blood was an amazing show, so chances are Midnight, Texas will be a good show as well.

But what is it about bad writers that make people think, "Oh, this would make a great television show"?

I think it's more that the CONCEPT appeals, or that the books sell well and they figure it'll translate well to the screen. Even extremely good books or graphic novels (Preacher is a perfect example) have god-awful adaptations that change the otherwise perfect source material. It really depends on who's making the shows that can make gold out of shit, and vice versa, or gold out of gold and shit out of shit.
Religions were invented to impress and dupe illiterate, superstitious stone-age peasants. So in this modern, enlightened age of information, what's your excuse? Or are you saying with all your advantages, you were still tricked as easily as those early humans?

---

There is no better way to convey the least amount of information in the greatest amount of words than to try explaining your religious views.
Why do we have to wait an entire year between seasons of a television show?

The fourth season of Black Mirror doesn't air until October.

Shorter television seasons has made the wait unbearable; I miss when the seasons were twenty plus episodes long with only a few short months between seasons.
~ Erin Hunter
I am feeling nostalgic for The X-Files, so I think I will rewatch the series.
~ Erin Hunter
Midnight, Texas premieres tonight.
~ Erin Hunter
Midnight, Texas
Premiere pilot

First of all, a little history: this show is based on the books of the same author as was the show True Blood. This show, however, airs on NBC, so do not expect the racy nudity that was contained in True Blood. True Blood dealt with the supernatural, as does this new show.

So far we've met a psychic, a vampire, and I think a witch.

And we've got a dead body.

Awwww, the witch's cat talks.

Overall, it was a good pilot. I will be watching more of the show.
~ Erin Hunter
Just finished watching the first season of Santa Clarita Diet, a comedic spin on zombies.

Quote:Sheila and Joel are married real estate agents in Santa Clarita, California. When Sheila dies, their lives take a dark turn.

Definitely worth watching.
~ Erin Hunter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stupidest show airing on television? Foxaèr 31 1614 July 22, 2020 at 7:02 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Comedy on television Foxaèr 2 558 September 6, 2018 at 9:53 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Question in relation to television series writing Foxaèr 1 732 October 29, 2017 at 6:13 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Hammy's Official Music Thread Edwardo Piet 5 991 October 9, 2017 at 9:17 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  With all these old, cancelled television shows returning to the screen Foxaèr 12 3391 May 23, 2017 at 4:00 am
Last Post: StuW
  My current list of television shows Foxaèr 15 2477 October 18, 2016 at 1:01 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  Still no official writing thread. Foxaèr 3 1073 January 25, 2016 at 4:54 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4