Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:53 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Mobile Theme
New Mobile Theme
The heavy use of images in the site theme make loading the forums on a mobile browser a pain in the neck. The download times over a 3G connection are extensive, and the CSS isn't designed for screens that small, so often the forum is compressed and unreadable, or you have to do a lot of scrolling left and right to see everything.

However, a group of developers have been working on a mobile theme that works with a multitude of different phones, and automatically loads when a phone is detected (meaning you can visit normal forum urls). It also has the full forum functionality, so you can post, edit, send PMs, etc.

This new feature is in a private beta, which we are lucky enough to have access to. If you have any problems with it, please report them to me either in this thread, or by PM.

So, if you have a mobile device, try browsing the forums on it (you may need to clear the cache first). You will know it is working if you see a simple blue theme, with a lack of large images.

Enjoy!
RE: New Mobile Theme
I seem to be getting the mobile theme on my iPad. But I prefer the old theme. How do I switch back?
The iPad switched back to the blue theme after apparent outage yesterday. Any chance of taking iPad out of mobile list again?
I'm trying to get the developer to make a very simple change that would make the whole management of different devices much easier to handle. He doesn't seem to want to do it. If I can't convince him, I'll try and do something myself.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Theme (Please Test & Give Feedback) Tiberius 102 15790 September 27, 2017 at 4:19 pm
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  Forum Theme Facelift theVOID 64 18131 July 21, 2011 at 4:55 am
Last Post: leo-rcc
  New Theme Tiberius 39 19277 July 4, 2011 at 8:38 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Theme Choices Tiberius 6 3546 November 22, 2010 at 10:37 am
Last Post: Tiberius
  Default Theme Tiberius 5 2482 March 3, 2010 at 8:27 am
Last Post: LukeMC
  Stealth Theme for people with fundamentalist controlling parents... Tiberius 13 6764 January 15, 2009 at 11:06 pm
Last Post: WWLD