Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 1:00 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CIJS, TV version
CIJS, TV version
Respond to people you see on TV, people from real life on the news for instance, or game show contestants, or fiction characters from drama or comedy.

Tell 'em what you think !!!!

OK, contestants row people on The Price is Right:

let's say there are 3 bids already; $1200, $900 and $1025. 

You want to bid $850.

Please forgive me while I contemplate abrading all your skin of with extra coarse table salt rubbed in with steel wool.

OK, so what would be wrong with bidding $1 ??

If the fucking price is $851, guess what, you still win!!! AND super bonus, if it's lower still, clear down to a buck, YOU STOOOPID FUCK, YOU CAN STILL WIN !!!
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

RE: CIJS, TV version
CIJS, you're setting yourself up to be an alcoholic. If I'm ever in town again, I hope I never find you at the Countryside Mall, or a Bucs game, or science forbid I take up golf and get into a cart wreck with you.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Elizabeth;

you're in terrible trouble there. Hell if I know how real this show is, but I think you should take it as real as a heart attack. A staph infection is nothing to mess with, I hope you appreciate this.

I also hope the show continues to revisit your case and you have a successful conclusion in a few years.

If you go to another doctor shopping for a different diagnosis, you're likely to die . . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Euron,

I will rejoice when you are killed.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Duke of Gandia:

Looks like from Wiki considerable liberty has been taken with your life, however, in a bad week you've had to lie about your cowardice, been diagnosed with syphilis (bad) and then were treated for it (worse, oh my dear God!! The HORROR, the HORROR!), had to put up with your brothers obvious hatred that is moderated only by the strength of will displayed by your father forbidding him from killing you, you have received a potentially life threatening crossbow bolt, you've tortured a child and been rebuked for it, you've lied about killing that child too, have become addicted to opium, and are limping around the Vatican in a way very unbecoming to the manly attitude you're trying to project.

And your vorlon thinks he's in love with your retconned character . . . .

CIJS,

Fuck being courteous.
Game of Thrones taught me to never hold the door for anyone.
"If we go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, suggesting 69.
[Image: 41bebac06973488da2b0740b6ac37538.jpg]-
In the movie Charly (1968), which is a film adaptation of the novel Flowers for Algernon, Charly Gordon is in a packed auditorium containing the most eminent scientists in the scientific community: they have just seen a clip of him when he was intellectually handicapped, and they are curious to interact with him, as he has transformed into a genius via the brilliance of two scientists.  As a result, Charly asks people to name a particular aspect of human life, such as education, politics, medicine, etc., and he will tell them where he sees it going in the future.

With that said, if I were in the audience, I would have asked him the following questions: how can humanity go about contacting other sentient lifeforms in reality, and what steps  can humanity take to ensure that they are developed/evolved enough to initiate/receive such contact(s)?

(July 24, 2017 at 5:22 pm)Kernel Sohcahtoa Wrote: In the movie Charly (1961), which is a film adaptation of the novel Flowers for Algernon, Charly Gordon is in a packed auditorium containing the most eminent scientists in the scientific community: they have just seen a clip of him when he was intellectually handicapped, and they are curious to interact with him, as he has transformed into a genius via the brilliance of two scientists.  As a result, Charly asks people to name a particular aspect of human life, such as education, politics, medicine, etc., and he will tell them where he sees it going in the future.

With that said, if I were in the audience, I would have asked him the following questions: how can humanity go about contacting other sentient lifeforms in reality, and what steps  can humanity take to ensure that they are developed/evolved enough to initiate/receive such contact(s)?

Why is it, if I may ask, that you enjoy older films? You seem too young to be stuck in an older era.
~ Erin Hunter
(July 24, 2017 at 5:24 pm)Lutrinae Wrote: Why is it, if I may ask, that you enjoy older films?  You seem too young to be stuck in an older era.

You are incredibly generous, Lutrinae.  I started getting into Alfred Hitchcock films when I was in high school, and I guess watching these types of films opened me up to appreciating older films in general.  With that said, there are newer films that I do occasionally enjoy such as Drive (2011), Her (2013), and the various X-Men and Marvel movies.  Hence, for me at least, I just happen to enjoy high quality and well-acted films (though I'm not opposed to pop-corn flicks), and IMO, there are a lot of older films that fit that description; however, I'm sure that another individual could present a persuasive and well-articulated case for there being a lot of new, modern films that are high quality and well-acted. Hence, IMO, perhaps it is just a matter of personal taste/preference.  Do you have any movie recommendations?

CIJS,

You're not in church, you crazy old hag. You're on The Price Is Right.

Stop acting as though you're taken with the holy spirit as you stumble retardedly down to the bidding area.
~ Erin Hunter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mibile Version of My Spoken Word Poetry Journal Rhondazvous 2 1153 July 17, 2015 at 11:49 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  CliffsNotes Version of Big Problem with American Legal System festive1 0 936 August 8, 2013 at 8:38 am
Last Post: festive1
  The Travel Thread - U.S. Version thesummerqueen 157 19532 August 27, 2011 at 5:01 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Chrome is at version 5, is Google a slut? theVOID 14 3779 February 12, 2010 at 4:50 am
Last Post: Chocobo
  LOTR, the effective version. leo-rcc 0 1306 December 22, 2008 at 3:26 pm
Last Post: leo-rcc