Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 7:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
....I quit!!!!!
RE: ....I quit!!!!!
(July 24, 2017 at 10:24 pm)Nymphadora Wrote: Oh whatever do you mean Dr. Beccs? 

Shy Hehe

Giving up smoking and then continuing with Big Ben impersonations, "Bong, Bong, Bong, Bong!" doesn't count as giving up smoking.

It counts as giving up cigarettes.

Tongue
Dying to live, living to die.
Congratulations on quitting!
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Weed isn't tobacco, though.
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
Yeah. I don't engage in that but maybe sporadically throughout the year. So I say, Jack is right
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Roast it.
I'll be four (or five?) years ago on August 6. Not bragging, just showing you that it's possible to stay quit. I hate cigarettes now.
Congrats, Shell B.

It'll be two years on the 9th for me. I also have learned to hate it as well. The impact on my health has been phenomenal.

Stick with it, Nym, it can be done.
It's been 8 years and 3 days quit for me. I still love cigarettes, I just know it's something that I cannot afford to do.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Quitters are awesome! Congrats to you both.
I love hearing positive and supportive stories like this. Believe me it helps. I have tried quitting two other times since joining the forums. And I would quietly go back to smoking. Not this time. I don't know why and I can't put my finger on it, but this time it just feels different. I have zero cravings and zero desire to go back to smoking. And it feels great.

Shell - in five years, my goal is to revisit this thread and say that I am enjoying my 5 year anniversary of quitting smoking Smile
Keep up the great work everyone!
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are restaurants (USA) known for not paying employees who quit/walk out? EgoDeath 6 930 October 29, 2018 at 10:57 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  I fucking quit... Jackalope 311 31991 October 8, 2018 at 11:52 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  I Fucking Quit Too! Any one want to join me for weight loss? Whateverist 159 13983 February 28, 2017 at 1:45 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  I quit smoking and zappa1258 24 6831 September 20, 2012 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: frankiej
  Time To Quit Cinjin 57 11234 December 5, 2011 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious
  Help Ely Quit Smoking Eilonnwy 92 17154 August 31, 2010 at 9:06 am
Last Post: Tiberius