Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 12:26 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
While Judaism may have had forced marriage war booties, i think it reasons is for it
While Judaism may have had forced marriage war booties, i think it reasons is for it
Like i am not saying its good. I think its horrible. But try to think here.

You live in this masculine culture, romans and greeks or other cultures worshipped wars, gods and booties. So they are like if i wanna join a war i wanna rape something. Yes, Romans had sex slaves, it existed.

Like i am not trying to said what jews did in terms of taking war booties, splitting the spoils and forced marry the war booty.

But like if you lived back then and said to yourself.. yeah i am not dying for not raping or killing people. Screw that. So this was like their answer for it more or less, but what if you marry them and then you can fuck them. And the guy is like... ok thats ok i guess... i can deal with that.

I am just saying, they sort of was anti them vs us. Like insecure afraid of stuff like human sacrifices, male abusers... (not to be confused with male loving males, though perversion is condemned in the bible, but the sexual acts is sort of seen by the jews as leading to immorality, which may explain why they wanted to kill them considering male sex slaves and domestic humiliation of sub was seen down upon by the pagans like romans and greeks "though sometimes stuff like orgies or homosexual acts was like ok i think" but being a sub from reading was actually sometimes seen as shameful. Not sure how big homophobia was in the masculine roman empire though, maybe little. But thats just what i read.

What i am saying is in comparison the god sort of tried to easen more up on the evil world in comparison. Not saying it was perfect. But i can say... i am not that huge fan of human sacrifices, rape and stuff.

I dunno, i think it was done for a reason. Like virgins is less likely to have aids or be evil or something. Something about immorality. Like yeah strict but just saying. Its all in the head.

Just wondering your views?

Edit: Like i am not trying to defame other religions either. For example muslims believe sex slavery is fine. So thats something i've always wondered about. But like i am just suggesting here.

Btw i read that homophobia was much bigger during nationalism like 1700s and outwards than back then. Considering tribal reasons, like the church was concerned on sexual sins for example, but i may be mistaken. I am just hearing on history etc
RE: While Judaism may have had forced marriage war booties, i think it reasons is for it
An interesting fact about Judaism is that its early religious culture had a hand in goddess worship before it shifted during the patriarchal uprising.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: While Judaism may have had forced marriage war booties, i think it reasons is for it
(August 1, 2017 at 4:46 pm)Rakie Wrote: Like i am not saying its good. I think its horrible. But try to think here.

You live in this masculine culture, romans and greeks or other cultures worshipped wars, gods and booties. So they are like if i wanna join a war i wanna rape something. Yes, Romans had sex slaves, it existed.

Like i am not trying to said what jews did in terms of taking war booties, splitting the spoils and forced marry the war booty.

But like if you lived back then and said to yourself.. yeah i am not dying for not raping or killing people. Screw that. So this was like their answer for it more or less, but what if you marry them and then you can fuck them. And the guy is like... ok thats ok i guess... i can deal with that.

I am just saying, they sort of was anti them vs us. Like insecure afraid of stuff like human sacrifices, male abusers... (not to be confused with male loving males, though perversion is condemned in the bible, but the sexual acts is sort of seen by the jews as leading to immorality, which may explain why they wanted to kill them considering male sex slaves and domestic humiliation of sub was seen down upon by the pagans like romans and greeks "though sometimes stuff like orgies or homosexual acts was like ok i think" but being a sub from reading was actually sometimes seen as shameful. Not sure how big homophobia was in the masculine roman empire though, maybe little. But thats just what i read.

What i am saying is in comparison the god sort of tried to easen more up on the evil world in comparison. Not saying it was perfect. But i can say... i am not that huge fan of human sacrifices, rape and stuff.

I dunno, i think it was done for a reason. Like virgins is less likely to have aids or be evil or something. Something about immorality. Like yeah strict but just saying. Its all in the head.

Just wondering your views?

Edit: Like i am not trying to defame other religions either. For example muslims believe sex slavery is fine. So thats something i've always wondered about. But like i am just suggesting here.
So, almighty god, author of righteousness and the source of all that's good..commanded them to rape because they really wanted to..but forbade them bacon? For reasons™. All it would have taken was some uppity jew stomping his feet and sayiong.."awwww, man, yahweh, but I really waaaanna eat bacon!" and, you know, he'd have changed his mind? In that same vein, you don;t think that there may have been one or two soldiers that weren't interested in rape, who maybe might have said a word or two to the lord about that? I'm just wondering how flexible the lord of the cosmos is. The victims...as they screamed in terror and pleaded with their attackers and the heavens to stop...did god not hear that? God, omnipresent, on the tip of every spear..literal and metaphoric......silent, because those guys just wanted to rape -so- bad?

I think that's ridiculous, but if it were true, then it would only go to show the moral failure of god. Didn;t exactly change his act when he grew up, either. Jesus was a human sacrifice. Nobodies hands in that pie but god's.

How is the world now, anyway....a better place for having a xenocidal, rape commanding, human sacrificing god in it, do you reckon?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Hello Rakie.

I had a hard time reading that. You really like the word like, like, you like like a whole lot.

Women back then were viewed more as property and spoil of war (a flawed view), therefore rape was condoned. Simple as that.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(August 1, 2017 at 5:47 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Hello Rakie.

I had a hard time reading that. You really like the word like, like, you like like a whole lot.

Women back then were viewed more as property and spoil of war (a flawed view), therefore rape was condoned. Simple as that.

It is a good thing that public speaking class removes unnecessary words.

Clearly, the OP did not take that class.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
If it was OK then it's OK now.
Quote:While Judaism may have had forced marriage war booties, i think it reasons is for it

Bible bullshit aside, the judahites won few wars.  In fact, historically they were on the receiving end.

For most of the first millennium BC they were either,

a) a rather worthless collection of nomadic clans moving sheep and goats from one water hole to another,

b) a vassal state of the far more prosperous northern kingdom,

c) a vassal state of the Assyrian empire,

d) a conquered territory of the Babylonian empire,

e) a conquered territory of the Persian empire,

f) a conquered territory of Alexander the Great's empire,

g) a conquered territory of the Ptolemaic (Greek) empire,

h) a conquered territory of the Seleucid (Greek) empire,

Finally, towards the mid 2d century BC they freed themselves from Seleucid rule and had a brief period of expansion before,

i) in 64 BC, the Romans under Pompey Magnus made them a vassal state of the Roman empire.

And there they remained (with a brief hiatus c 40 BC when a Parthian army took advantage of Roman civil wars to intercede) until 135 AD when Hadrian's armies kicked their asses and booted them out of Judaea.

So, their happy horseshit aside, you've a period of about 80 years when the jews could have done anything to anyone.
And don't forget that before that they were part of the Egyptian Empire in the Levant.
That was in the 2d millennium BC.
(August 1, 2017 at 7:20 pm)Minimalist Wrote: That was in the 2d millennium BC.

Sure it was but it shows a continous pattern.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Slam dunk - Jesus had no clue LinuxGal 19 1307 September 16, 2023 at 11:19 pm
Last Post: Data
  Nailed to a cross, Filipino prays for Ukraine war to end Ferrocyanide 1 519 April 8, 2023 at 8:00 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  The Gospels and the war in Ukraine. Jehanne 15 1958 April 7, 2022 at 7:25 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  GOD's Mercy While It Is Still Today - Believe! Mercyvessel 102 7993 January 9, 2022 at 1:31 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  3 reasons for Christians to start questionng their faith smax 149 57987 December 4, 2021 at 10:26 am
Last Post: Ketzer
  Questions I have had about the Bible recently... FlatAssembler 12 2091 July 24, 2021 at 4:51 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Republicans are redefining marriage Foxaèr 5 638 August 26, 2020 at 10:02 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The Holy War Johanabrahams 105 7941 July 17, 2020 at 9:11 am
Last Post: brewer
  California church leaders 'used homeless as forced labour' zebo-the-fat 7 947 September 12, 2019 at 3:41 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Discrimination, oppression, and the War on Christianity Losty 124 11140 July 27, 2019 at 10:03 pm
Last Post: Amarok