Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 1:33 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The undeniable miracle at Fatima
RE: The undeniable miracle at Fatima
You wouldn't think they'd have wi-fi in padded cells, would you?

[Image: padded+cell.jpg]
(August 8, 2017 at 2:29 pm)Minimalist Wrote: You wouldn't think they'd have wi-fi in padded cells, would you?

[Image: padded+cell.jpg]

Fortunately it isn't needed.  These guys are channelling talk radio 24/7.
(August 8, 2017 at 2:03 pm)pabsta Wrote:
(August 8, 2017 at 8:52 am)Whateverist Wrote: Cath-y has made me forget catholics can be evangelists too.  Did you by any chance go to catholic apologist school with a guy named Randy?

Pabst, why are you so sure there must be supernatural things or occurences?  How do you even define "supernatural".  After all no one directly witnesses anything supernatural.  All we can do is infer it.  It only comes up at all when our ability to explain a sequence of events in terms of known natural causes falls short.  But our failure to understand anything's natural causes can be the result of our own ignorance individually or that of the culture we live in.  So why jump to the conclusion that there are any categorical phenomenon which exist entirely apart from everything else we know that can never be resolved into a more comprehensive natural explanation?  The 'supernatural' can never be more than a wild hunch.  The more important question is why you've fallen prey to such a thing.

I am so sure about the existence of the supernatural because I've personally known many people throughout my entire life who have been directly involved in the paranormal, either helping others with the problem, or experiencing it directly. You look at the fear in their eyes and their fear of even talking about some of it and you know it's no joke. I wouldn't say it's common, but it is nevertheless real.

A quick example. My father-in-law was a real estate agent for 30 years. Only once in his entire career did he come across the supernatural. He had just sold a condo to a family, and suddenly he heard they had abandoned the house and their belongings and were suing him. Come to find out the condo was completely haunted, stuff flying all over the rooms, something biting the children's toes in the middle of the night, stuff going on in the attic, the whole deal as is seen on episodes of, "A Haunting". This kind of problem has happened enough over the years where there is an actual law in real estate stating that the real estate broker MUST let the buyer know if the house is haunted. This family was suing my father-in-law claiming he broke this law. Long story short, the problem in the house was very difficult to eradicate, and it became very well known in the area. It took a Catholic priest to eventually fix the problem.

Again, if I were you, I would get in touch with either a paranormal investigator, a Catholic priest, or both, and volunteer your time helping on calls. If you don't have the time, only have them call you for serious cases. You will find out very quickly about the existence of the supernatural. Don't forget to bring an extra pair of shorts.

And thousands of people claim to have had experiences with: bigfoot, Loch Ness monster, Chupa Cabra, UFO's and abductions, crystal healing, remote viewing, fairies, Jinn, etc, etc, etc, etc, ad infinitum.

Most of them are sincerely and honestly reporting events and experiences they believe they had. Many such experiences have multiple witnesses.

Do you believe them? If not, why is their personal experiences not convincing to you?

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
(August 8, 2017 at 2:26 pm)Whateverist Wrote:
(August 8, 2017 at 2:03 pm)pabsta Wrote: <snipped out all of the bullshit no one wants to keep reading>

Don't worry about me.  If you're legit I just hope you are somewhere safe where you can't hurt yourself or others.  

Using "supernatural" indicates that you've been indoctrinated into certain archaic societal norms.  But the sincere use of the word "paranormal" is a kind of litmus test for bat shit crazy.

Ohhhhh the irony of this dude who once again - tells us a story that he wasn't a witness to any of the events that occurred. 

I think "claim", "eyewitness" and "testimony" must be his three favorite words. Although, come to think of it, "supernatural" is sidling up in there. 

Dear FakePasta:

Ain't you gettin tired yet? I mean, it's gotta be utterly exhausting trying to come up with story after story that you can tell us that you weren't directly involved in, but that you "know people" who were. This was all fun and games at first, you know, until you refused to address any of the posts I've made so far debunking you and your bullshit. 

I don't have a single person blocked on here and there are quite a few who deserve it, but you and your trollish bullshit are causing me to rethink that. You don't want to engage and have a healthy debate. You never did want any atheists opinions. You just want to find some non-believer who will agree with you that all your stories are actually true and magically convert them so you can turn around and say "Hey!!! Look at me!!! I converted an Atheist!!! Now where's my prize?!?!"

Get the fuck over yourself. 
You aren't that special. 
You aren't even liked here.
Go play in traffic. Heavy traffic. 

Love, 
The entire rest of this forum who would love to see you GONE.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Who wants to watch "A Haunting" with me? I'm sure we can make a drinking game out of it somehow. This could be pretty damn funny.
I don't believe you. Get over it.
(August 8, 2017 at 2:03 pm)pabsta Wrote:
(August 8, 2017 at 8:52 am)Whateverist Wrote: Cath-y has made me forget catholics can be evangelists too.  Did you by any chance go to catholic apologist school with a guy named Randy?

Pabst, why are you so sure there must be supernatural things or occurences?  How do you even define "supernatural".  After all no one directly witnesses anything supernatural.  All we can do is infer it.  It only comes up at all when our ability to explain a sequence of events in terms of known natural causes falls short.  But our failure to understand anything's natural causes can be the result of our own ignorance individually or that of the culture we live in.  So why jump to the conclusion that there are any categorical phenomenon which exist entirely apart from everything else we know that can never be resolved into a more comprehensive natural explanation?  The 'supernatural' can never be more than a wild hunch.  The more important question is why you've fallen prey to such a thing.

I am so sure about the existence of the supernatural because I've personally known many people throughout my entire life who have been directly involved in the paranormal, either helping others with the problem, or experiencing it directly. You look at the fear in their eyes and their fear of even talking about some of it and you know it's no joke. I wouldn't say it's common, but it is nevertheless real.

A quick example. My father-in-law was a real estate agent for 30 years. Only once in his entire career did he come across the supernatural. He had just sold a condo to a family, and suddenly he heard they had abandoned the house and their belongings and were suing him. Come to find out the condo was completely haunted, stuff flying all over the rooms, something biting the children's toes in the middle of the night, stuff going on in the attic, the whole deal as is seen on episodes of, "A Haunting". This kind of problem has happened enough over the years where there is an actual law in real estate stating that the real estate broker MUST let the buyer know if the house is haunted. This family was suing my father-in-law claiming he broke this law. Long story short, the problem in the house was very difficult to eradicate, and it became very well known in the area. It took a Catholic priest to eventually fix the problem.

Again, if I were you, I would get in touch with either a paranormal investigator, a Catholic priest, or both, and volunteer your time helping on calls. If you don't have the time, only have them call you for serious cases. You will find out very quickly about the existence of the supernatural. Don't forget to bring an extra pair of shorts.

BS, there is no law in real estate about ghosts.
If water rots the soles of your boots, what does it do to your intestines?
(August 8, 2017 at 2:54 pm)Jesster Wrote: Who wants to watch "A Haunting" with me? I'm sure we can make a drinking game out of it somehow. This could be pretty damn funny.

Just reading Papsmear's posts would make for a pretty intoxicating drinking game.
Pabsta, you and your superstitions are part of a much larger problem, one that endangers us all.

Not all that long ago in the history of Homo sapiens sapiens, Pope Innocent VIII's views on witchcraft led to the torture and murder of many people as "witches," as well as open season on cats. With the feline population in Europe decimated by pious maniacs, and the increased rodent population due to the killing of cats, when the Black Plague struck the continent it resulted in millions of deaths.

I see literally nothing good coming of your obsession with Fatima. Get the fuck out of the way of civilization so that we can save it from people like you.
I've often thought we should have a special sub-forum just for folks like this one along with Rik, Drich, Dipship and anyone else who is basically a one trick pony with a weird point of view. Each one would get exactly one thread plus license to post in any other thread in that sub-forum only. I'd suggest labeling it "The Freak Show".
(August 8, 2017 at 2:54 pm)ohreally Wrote:
(August 8, 2017 at 2:03 pm)pabsta Wrote: I am so sure about the existence of the supernatural because I've personally known many people throughout my entire life who have been directly involved in the paranormal, either helping others with the problem, or experiencing it directly. You look at the fear in their eyes and their fear of even talking about some of it and you know it's no joke. I wouldn't say it's common, but it is nevertheless real.

BS, there is no law in real estate about ghosts.

Just when you think pabsta's honesty and credibility couldn't fall much further...

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is the lamest "miracle"? Thor 32 6167 November 23, 2022 at 1:40 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The false miracle of Fatima now a movie Foxaèr 17 1622 September 6, 2020 at 2:03 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  The Miracle of the Sun. Jehanne 9 1405 August 20, 2018 at 8:38 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Miracle Spring water Joods 24 3649 June 27, 2018 at 11:04 pm
Last Post: Joods
  The 100-year anniversay of Fatima is coming-up! Jehanne 21 4886 October 13, 2017 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: JackRussell
  Another fake Catholic miracle. Jehanne 96 19139 August 11, 2017 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  You Can't Disprove a Miracle Rhondazvous 155 16028 March 18, 2016 at 11:05 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Our Lady of Fatima? TrueChristian 22 4674 January 26, 2016 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Proof of a Miracle? TrueChristian 13 4125 December 19, 2015 at 11:40 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  With Science and Archaeology and Miracle's evidence for God TheThinkingCatholic 35 11020 September 20, 2015 at 11:32 am
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut