Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Damned Muslims
RE: Damned Muslims
(August 6, 2021 at 12:20 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: Ultra-modern Singapore's dark secret: female genital mutilation

Quote:Singapore is modern and cosmopolitan but social values remain conservative and female genital mutilation -- banned in much of the world -- is not illegal.

Saza Faradilla was 22 when she discovered her genitals had been cut when she was a baby, part of a quietly persistent traditional practice among Singapore's minority Muslim community.

"Mother said that you were cut because I didn't want you to be adulterous, because it's clean -- and because it's part of the religion."

Known in Singapore by the Malay language term "sunat perempuan", it often involves cutting the clitoris or clitoral hood.

The activists against FGM have been accused of not being good Muslims, while some members have not told their families about their involvement to avoid tension.

The true scale of female genital mutilation worldwide is unclear, but the United Nations estimates at least 200 million girls and women alive today have undergone the procedure in 31 countries across Africa, the Middle East and Asia.

There is no official data on how common it is in Singapore but 75 percent of Muslim women surveyed by Saza's group had undergone genital cutting.

Activists are not pushing for a ban for fear the practice could be pushed underground, but want health officials to state publicly it is not medically necessary and the Islamic council to state it is not a religious obligation.

https://news.yahoo.com/ultra-modern-sing...38089.html
 Fascinating stuff. I learned.

I was based in Malaysia from March-November 1969 as a member of First Battalion, Royal Australian Regiment.  Singapore Dec 1969 -May-1970

I have no idea about female circumcision in Malayasia, but suspect it is probably common. I was pretty naive at that age,(21-22 ) I had never heard of such a disgusting practice. 

Some things which have stayed in my mind:

It was illegal to try to convert a Muslim to another faith.  It was illegal to offer alcohol to a Muslim.  At a party I went to ,there were 2 tables with drinks .One had soft drinks, the other alcoholic drinks.  Many of the Muslim guests drank alcohol. A couple got very drunk. Malaysia has religious police. They arrest people breaking Muslim Law. EG A Muslim caught drinking [anything] in public in daylight hours during Ramadan will be arrested and can be sent to prison.

The penalty for a Muslim apostate was 2 years in prison. This law was rarely enforced at that time as far as I know. 

I was last in Malaysia in 2000, in Kuala Lumpur. Muslim dress codes were not enforced. The only people I saw in hijab were school girls.

Lee Kuan Yew  was in power in Singapore at the time, and transforming the city into a city state. His rule was very conservative  and Singapore has remained that way as far as I can tell.   EG I once saw two uniformed police cut the hair of a youth in the city. There was and still  is a $500 fine for littering or spitting. Graffiti is unknown ***This is enforced.  I last visited Singapore in 1989. It was the cleanest city. I've ever seen.

In context, I'm not surprised that female circumcision is permitted. It would be seen as strictly private/religious matter and in no way a threat to the status quo.

Singapore still has and enforces the death penalty for drug smuggling. So does Malaysia.

***graffiti is considered vandalism and the penalties are severe. There was that famous case some years ago where an American youth was beaten with a rattan rod .The US president got involved and managed to get the number of strokes reduced. No, I do not support such barbarity.

"Michael Peter Fay (born May 30, 1975) is an American who was sentenced to six strokes of the cane in Singapore in 1994 for theft and vandalising 18 cars over a ten-day period in September 1993, which caused a temporary strain in relations between Singapore and the United States.[2] Fay pleaded guilty, but he later claimed that he was advised that such a plea would preclude caning and that his confession was false, that he never vandalized any cars, and that the only crime he committed was stealing road signs."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_P._Fay
Saudi Arabia has sentenced a Yemeni man to 15 years in prison for the crime of “promoting apostasy, unbelief, and atheism” on Twitter.

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/saudi-ar...ts-2660987

Saudi Arabia—and everyone else—should end the criminalization of blasphemy and apostasy because if Islam is true then it will surely survive the decriminalization of apostasy.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
Toys that brought down Islam:

[Image: Toys.jpg]

https://www.deccanherald.com/internation...63151.html
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(August 6, 2021 at 12:20 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: Ultra-modern Singapore's dark secret: female genital mutilation

Quote:Singapore is modern and cosmopolitan but social values remain conservative and female genital mutilation -- banned in much of the world -- is not illegal.

Saza Faradilla was 22 when she discovered her genitals had been cut when she was a baby, part of a quietly persistent traditional practice among Singapore's minority Muslim community.

"Mother said that you were cut because I didn't want you to be adulterous, because it's clean -- and because it's part of the religion."

Known in Singapore by the Malay language term "sunat perempuan", it often involves cutting the clitoris or clitoral hood.

The activists against FGM have been accused of not being good Muslims, while some members have not told their families about their involvement to avoid tension.

The true scale of female genital mutilation worldwide is unclear, but the United Nations estimates at least 200 million girls and women alive today have undergone the procedure in 31 countries across Africa, the Middle East and Asia.

There is no official data on how common it is in Singapore but 75 percent of Muslim women surveyed by Saza's group had undergone genital cutting.

Activists are not pushing for a ban for fear the practice could be pushed underground, but want health officials to state publicly it is not medically necessary and the Islamic council to state it is not a religious obligation.

https://news.yahoo.com/ultra-modern-sing...38089.html

Yikes, even Somalia has banned FGM.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
There you have it. The identity of the terrorist. Malik Faisal Akram, a Muslim from Britain.

The Muslim community of the terrorist in Blackburn, UK comments on the attack.

They confirm that their member Faisal Akram was the attacker. Instead of condemning it they feel sad for his death and wish him "the highest ranks of paradise."

[Image: Post-fb.jpg]

https://www.lancs.live/news/lancashire-n...771446.amp

Why does the Muslim Community praise the TERRORIST who took Jews at a synagogue hostage and wish him "the highest ranks of paradise" while asking Muslims not to speak ill of the TERRORIST?

Should UK authorities look into the Blackburn Muslim Community? Or is that "Islamophobia?"
(January 17, 2022 at 1:03 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: There you have it. The identity of the terrorist. Malik Faisal Akram, a Muslim from Britain.

The Muslim community of the terrorist in Blackburn, UK comments on the attack.

They confirm that their member Faisal Akram was the attacker. Instead of condemning it they feel sad for his death and wish him "the highest ranks of paradise."

[Image: Post-fb.jpg]

https://www.lancs.live/news/lancashire-n...771446.amp

Why does the Muslim Community praise the TERRORIST who took Jews at a synagogue hostage and wish him "the highest ranks of paradise" while asking Muslims not to speak ill of the TERRORIST?

Should UK authorities look into the Blackburn Muslim Community? Or is that "Islamophobia?"

We had been watching coverage of this hostage situation as it happened on the other side of Dallas. News reports kept breaking in with updates. Seems like the terrorist wasn't trying too hard since there were plenty of places that would have had more potential hostages.

I find it curious that the post names the father and brothers...apparently no mother was required for his existence.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Hindu teacher sentenced to life imprisonment over blasphemy charges in Pakistan

Lal was arrested in September 2019 after a video went viral on social media in which an intermediate student of the public school alleged that the Hindu teacher had committed blasphemy against the Prophet.

The student claimed that Lal, who is the owner of the school and teaches physics at a local government degree college, had visited the school that day and committed the act.

Shortly afterwards, a leader of the Jamaat-e-ahle Sunnat party and local cleric Mufti Abdul Karim Saeedi filed a complaint with the police against Lal under the blasphemy act.

As the news spread, a protest erupted in the town and a violent mob attacked the Sacho Satram Dham Temple and damaged its idols in Ghotki.

The caretaker of the Sacho Satram temple, Jay Kumar, later said that around 50 masked men had attacked the temple but some 500 Muslims later came and guarded the temple the whole night.

Pakistan's blasphemy laws were enacted by former military dictator General Ziaul Haq in the 1980s. Nobody has been executed under these laws but several people have been killed on mere suspicion of committing blasphemy.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/world-new...66816.html
Lebanon: Muslim cleric shunned for playing keyboard

The Supreme Islamic Shiite Council in Lebanon disavowed Sheikh Ali Al-Husseini on Monday for playing a few notes on the keyboard during his appearance on the TV program “Over 18” in early February.

Al-Husseini defended art on the program and equated it with existence, citing stories from the Qur’an to support his position.

The council’s religious reporting authority issued a statement in which it considered that Al-Husseini had attached “to Islam a culture that is contrary to the religion, and that Islam is innocent of.”

The statement further described Al-Husseini as “impersonating a religious scholar” and called on believers to “shun him".

During the program, Al-Husseini also refused to consider a woman’s voice “a defect,” adding that the saying is not mentioned in the Qur’an nor in the Hadiths. He also defended Lebanese music star Fairuz, claiming that all her songs are modest and do not provoke temptation.

https://www.arabnews.com/node/2020101/offbeat
Is this even a debate anymore? is a humble victory lost to these forums? Humble Victory
"I'm thick." - Me
Pakistan court acquits man who killed sister after parents’ pardon

A Pakistani man sentenced to life in prison in 2019 for strangling his sister, a model on social media, has been acquitted of murder after his parents pardoned him under Islamic law.

Waseem Azeem was arrested in 2016 after he confessed to killing Qandeel Baloch, 26, for posting what he called “shameful” pictures on Facebook. He was convicted of murder and sentenced to life in prison but his parents had sought his release, said Sardar Mahboob, a lawyer who represents Azeem and his family.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/f...nts-pardon

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Damned Christians Foxaèr 832 115969 Yesterday at 8:17 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Damned Catholics Minimalist 1996 301658 March 24, 2024 at 2:44 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Damned Pervert Priests - and other assorted Holy Scumbags Minimalist 500 57386 March 22, 2024 at 7:50 am
  Damned Hindus Minimalist 83 22100 January 22, 2024 at 7:47 am
  Damned Mormons Minimalist 216 44154 September 18, 2023 at 9:53 am
Last Post: zwanzig
  Damned Scientologists Fake Messiah 24 3905 January 29, 2023 at 8:40 am
  Damned Catholics XVI Fake Messiah 10 2410 December 25, 2022 at 10:52 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Damned Buddhists Minimalist 18 9509 April 22, 2021 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Damned Jews Minimalist 257 60655 April 8, 2020 at 5:29 am