Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 11:07 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Damned Muslims
RE: Damned Muslims
Losing their religion: the hidden crisis of faith among Britain’s young Muslims

Last week the hacking to death in Bangladesh of the blogger Ananta Bijoy Das was a brutal reminder of the risks atheists face in some Muslim-majority countries. And in an era in which British Islamic extremists travel thousands of miles to kill those they deem unbelievers, an apostate’s concern for his or her security at home is perhaps understandable.

“Oh yeah, I’m scared,” agrees Nasreen (not her real name) a feisty 29-year-old asset manager from east London who has been a semi-closeted apostate for nine years. “I’m not so worried about the loonies because it’s almost normal now to get threats. What worries me is that they go back to my parents and damage them, because that’s not unheard of.”

As real as the potential for violence might be, it’s not what keeps many doubting British Muslims from leaving their religion. As Simon Cottee, author of a new book The Apostates: When Muslims Leave Islam, says: “In the western context, the biggest risk ex-Muslims face is not the baying mob, but the loneliness and isolation of ostracism from loved ones. It is stigma and rejection that causes so many ex-Muslims to conceal their apostasy.”

Like the gay liberation movement of a previous generation, Muslim apostates have to fight for the right to be recognised while knowing that recognition brings shame, rejection, intimidation and, very often, family expulsion.

https://www.theguardian.com/global/2015/...isis-faith
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
Islam is really "advancing" Afghanistan

Quote:A new Taliban decree has forbidden men and women from eating at restaurants together and visiting parks at the same time, even if you’re a married couple.

https://www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2022/...tern-herat
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
Angered Muslims protested outside the cineworld in Bradford after the launch of the "blasphemous" sectarian film The Lady Of Heaven.

The film, which depicts Mohammed and his wife Aesha, has sparked outrage across the Muslim community.

Kashmir Muslims Protest against Indian Politician Who “Insulted” the Prophet Muhammad: There Is Only One Punishment – Chop Her Head Off Her Body! She Will Not Escape!

On June 14, 2022, videos were uploaded to Twitter of Muslims in Kashmir protesting against Nupur Sharma, the spokesperson from India’s ruling BJP party who recently “insulted” the Prophet Muhammad and Islam. The videos show protests attended by young men and by women clad in niqab. The men chanted: “[We want] the head of the blasphemer against the Prophet... Death [for Nupur Sharma, the BJP official]!” The women chanted: “Head chopped off body, head chopped off body!... You will not escape!”

https://www.memri.org/tv/Kashmir-muslims...p-off-body
This is what you get when you let Muslims host the World Cup

Quote:World Cup sex ban as horny fans warned one-night stands can lead to 7 years in jail

A World Cup sex ban is effectively in place during the tournament in conservative Qatar, where those caught frolicking with anyone other than their spouse face a seven-year jail term.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footba...y-27268714
Persecuted by a sandwich?

Quote:Complaint: McDonald’s intentionally sold Muslim family bacon

The family was served the sandwich last June at a McDonald’s restaurant in Chicopee, about 80 miles (128 kilometers) west of Boston.

The complaint is the first step in the process for seeking monetary damages, said Barbara Dougan, a CAIR lawyer. She also hopes it prompts McDonald’s to better train its workers to prevent a similar incident in the future.

“McDonald’s made my children and me feel unwanted and worthless by intentionally stuffing a fish sandwich full of bacon for no other reason than to punish us for our faith and religious convictions,” the woman, Ghadir Alahmar, said in a statement. “This really hurt us. My children now wonder if they are welcome in their own country. They ask me, ‘Do they hate us?’ How is a mother supposed to answer that question?”

The sandwich not only had bacon on it, but appeared to have extra bacon, the complaint says.

https://apnews.com/article/health-religi...ee1526c577
Who knew that being a black woman in Istanbul would be such a sensation (circus) for the residents there

Maybe lets not have the World Cup in Qatar anymore. The McDonald's lawsuit would be legit if the employee knew the family was Muslim and gave them bacon deliberately because of it, but it could easily have been an accident. I think there are a lot of McDonalds' employees who don't know not to give bacon to Muslims, or who can't tell Muslims from Sikhs or Hindus by their clothing.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(July 18, 2022 at 12:20 pm)Mister Agenda Wrote: Maybe lets not have the World Cup in Qatar anymore. The McDonald's lawsuit would be legit if the employee knew the family was Muslim and gave them bacon deliberately because of it, but it could easily have been an accident. I think there are a lot of McDonalds' employees who don't know not to give bacon to Muslims, or who can't tell Muslims from Sikhs or Hindus by their clothing.

I'm pretty sure a McDonalds fish sandwich doesn't come with bacon (though who knows - perhaps their ordering system has an option for it?)
(July 18, 2022 at 1:40 pm)HappySkeptic Wrote:
(July 18, 2022 at 12:20 pm)Mister Agenda Wrote: Maybe lets not have the World Cup in Qatar anymore. The McDonald's lawsuit would be legit if the employee knew the family was Muslim and gave them bacon deliberately because of it, but it could easily have been an accident. I think there are a lot of McDonalds' employees who don't know not to give bacon to Muslims, or who can't tell Muslims from Sikhs or Hindus by their clothing.

I'm pretty sure a McDonalds fish sandwich doesn't come with bacon (though who knows - perhaps their ordering system has an option for it?)

Even if it's made from hogfish?
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Damned Pervert Priests - and other assorted Holy Scumbags Minimalist 501 57496 8 hours ago
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Damned Christians Foxaèr 832 116462 March 27, 2024 at 8:17 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Damned Catholics Minimalist 1996 303124 March 24, 2024 at 2:44 am
  Damned Hindus Minimalist 83 22142 January 22, 2024 at 7:47 am
  Damned Mormons Minimalist 216 44238 September 18, 2023 at 9:53 am
Last Post: zwanzig
  Damned Scientologists Fake Messiah 24 3915 January 29, 2023 at 8:40 am
  Damned Catholics XVI Fake Messiah 10 2422 December 25, 2022 at 10:52 am