Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 2:05 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things you're supposed to like, but don't
RE: Things you're supposed to like, but don't
Hey Arnold. Doug. The new Call of Duty games (only like the first two).

League of Legends.

Hentai. I'm supposed to like hentai, surely considering I like pretty much everything else sex-wise! Tongue
(September 1, 2017 at 6:14 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote:
(September 1, 2017 at 6:00 pm)Alex K Wrote: Are there things (can be anything from arts to food, activities, places etc.) which you always thought you have to like or admire or enjoy for some reason (because everyone does, it's fashionable, expensive, culturally important, or your teacher told you so, etc...) but you simply don't?

Star Wars with Rey. I like daisy Ridley, I like Star Wars, I like the concept of Star Wars with Daisy Ridley, I hate Star Wars with Daisy Ridley playing Rey.

And I hate BB7.

Daisy Ridley can play Rey all she wants. That movie was just so badly written. Yaaaawn.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(September 1, 2017 at 6:14 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote: Thanks, JJ Abrams.

Don't blame JJ (at least not entirely) for the crap sandwich Disney foisted upon us under the guise of "Star Wars."
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
A lot of mine are stereotypical English bloke stuff.
The biggest one is football (soccer).

I am talkative in my work but in some social situations I'm definitely cast aside under the powerful flow of football talk that I just don't follow.
Beer. It tastes alright but not worth a beer belly.

Out of birds booze and football there's only one of those I'm interested in.

I'm not too keen on the queen, religion, soups, mash and gravy either.

Any Star Wars film.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

I hate the Star Trek reboot

I hate mashed AND baked potatoes (seriously, I'd rather eat them after Sam Elliot passes them)

While I don't 'hate' Tom Cruise, damned if I know why anyone finds him attractive. Ick.

I hate the folks that hated Bo Pellini as Nebraska football coach
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(September 1, 2017 at 6:51 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: I hate the Star Trek reboot
I pretend it doesn't exist just like I pretend no sequel after Aliens exists.
Quote:I hate mashed AND baked potatoes (seriously, I'd rather eat them after Sam Elliot passes them)
What's not to like about baked potatoes
Quote:While I don't 'hate' Tom Cruise, damned if I know why anyone finds him attractive. Ick.

Maybe I'd do him if he weren't a batshit Hubbard freak Tongue
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Taters?

Disgusting. Jesus, foul, fetid, festering fecal spew of Satan. Texture is ghastly too. I admit it's unusual, but I have a visceral loathing of baked and mashed potatoes.

Fries and chips OK, but as for hashbrowns, they need to be well done. White slimy shreds no way.

BTW, I can eat raw potato. Sliced up with a little dip, nom nom nom. For some reason THAT puts people off.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(September 1, 2017 at 6:15 pm)Alex K Wrote:
(September 1, 2017 at 6:11 pm)Hammy Wrote: What are feefees?

Ah I thought of 4 more: Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr and Discord.

ETA: OH WOW ALEX! TOTALLY THE BIGGEST ONE FOR ME: Watching TV.
Feelings

Haven't had a TV hooked up since I moved out of my parents' in 2000. TV get dumber every time I take a peek. Good riddance.

I'm with you on the TV. I didn't own one when I lived alone. My wife insisted we get one when we got married. Her dad gave her an old black and white one (snicker) with rabbit ears that he had had stored in his attic. This was in '81. When it died, I broke down and got her a color TV. Dumber and dumber is apt, AFAIAC regarding programming. One of my sons recommended I watch the Big Bang Theory. I made it about 3 minutes of...one liner, laugh track, one liner, laugh track...before I walked away. I do watch the Nature Channel occasionally. I surf the net, read, and do wood working, wood carving and copper smithing. I have a lot more time since I sold my '68 Buick Skylark GS. I get to the parts store about every month or so, where it used to be sometimes more than once a week. It needed body work, paint and a new interior, and I wasn't inclined to drop another $5k in it. Fun to drive, though. I have an old truck that I use to haul wood and to tow my camping trailer. I don't like camping; my wife grew up with it, but I never camped as a kid. I guess that's something that I'm supposed to like, but I just tolerate it.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
Anime and booze.

I love Japanese culture, but I really could care less about anime. The stories just don't seem interesting to me.

I used to be a big tequila and beer drinker. But a few years ago, I just lost the taste for it. I have little interest in imbibing alcohol, except hard cider, which I do enjoy.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
My very german mother said I was required to like sauerkraut. Fuck that.

And dickies! (the neck wear you pervs)
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It's not that I don't like you but........ brewer 13 540 March 12, 2024 at 12:05 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  What did you know yesterday that you don't know today? Gawdzilla Sama 14 1005 December 4, 2023 at 9:43 am
Last Post: brewer
  [Serious] A thought I had about some people's view on some things medical and other things ShinyCrystals 15 746 October 22, 2023 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: ShinyCrystals
  Things You Miss Foxaèr 15 890 September 16, 2022 at 6:40 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  One of these things is not like the other ones Angrboda 1 384 December 6, 2021 at 12:55 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Things your family/friends have done you wish. Brian37 5 481 October 19, 2021 at 5:56 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  There are some things you lose track of, & regret. Brian37 11 1101 June 22, 2021 at 7:53 pm
Last Post: Hillbillyatheist
  I'm supposed to be the dictator...... Brian37 24 1057 May 25, 2021 at 4:30 pm
Last Post: Drich
  Things you miss from your childhood. Brian37 23 1560 May 19, 2021 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Things you buy and never really use Theswordismyleopard 28 1754 September 1, 2020 at 11:47 am
Last Post: onlinebiker