Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 7:40 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Philadelphia
RE: Philadelphia
(October 24, 2010 at 3:26 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Really. It makes you wonder about the mentality of xtians that they could believe such utter crap.

I wonder every day. I really don't care today what the "meaning" is, I'm just tired of the cop-out answer of "maybe we don't understand this". Okay, but maybe supply some different interpretations that we apparently haven't learned yet?

Besides, saying god helped you win the game takes away from your own athletic prowess, which I find ridiculous. If you work as hard as some of the guys actually do, the false humility they display is just a little nauseating.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Quote:Besides, saying god helped you win the game takes away from your own athletic prowess

I know. When some asshole hits a home run and points at the sky I want to scream:

YOU HIT THE BALL, STUPID. NOT YOUR FUCKING GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But that's probably just me!

Big Grin
(October 24, 2010 at 6:33 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:Besides, saying god helped you win the game takes away from your own athletic prowess

I know. When some asshole hits a home run and points at the sky I want to scream:

YOU HIT THE BALL, STUPID. NOT YOUR FUCKING GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But that's probably just me!

Big Grin

When someone hits a home run, I'm usually too busy thinking "FINALLY SOMETHING FUCKING HAPPENED!!"....but that's also just me. Baseball, to me, is an incredibly boring sport and it would take something on the level of a god to keep me entertained during a game. Give me rugby, where they beat the shit out of each other, and then if you want to thank god for getting out of the game safely I might have more tolerance for it. All depending on how many times you were hit, of course.

Regardless, sports players: you are the ones taking the steroids or working your asses off. When the fans are standing up watching you round the bases, or run for that touchdown, we're not thinking of god, we're watching your ass. It's all riding on you. What kind of masochistic bastard will take the blame of his teammates and fans when he fails, but give all the credit to god when he succeeds?
Quote:"FINALLY SOMETHING FUCKING HAPPENED!!".

That's how I am with soccer.....except nothing ever happens.
(October 24, 2010 at 7:49 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:"FINALLY SOMETHING FUCKING HAPPENED!!".

That's how I am with soccer.....except nothing ever happens.

I was with you in this thread right up until that comment. I'm just going to take the theist route in this discussion now and say "you don't understand" the game you call "soccer" (it's called football dammit!)
I don't care what you call it.

People run around for an hour and a half and nothing happens.

Then they decide it with "penalty kicks" on a goal the size of a tractor trailer rig.
(October 24, 2010 at 8:58 pm)Skipper Wrote: I was with you in this thread right up until that comment. I'm just going to take the theist route in this discussion now and say "you don't understand" the game you call "soccer" (it's called football dammit!)

[chuckling] I played it a bit myself before I decided I liked cookies better, and my sister played soccer (sorry for my American-ness) since she was four - now 21. I watched a lot of televised and live games. Unlike baseball and golf, it actually moves...but still just not enough to hold attention.
For you Americans here:

[Image: futebol-handegg1.jpg]

And they are both as boring as watching paint dry. Baseball is just as bad. Cricket is even worse.

Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Snooker is best.
(October 25, 2010 at 6:57 am)EvidenceVsFaith Wrote: Snooker is best.

When the choice is what?