Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:01 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have you ever said or done really stupid things on purpose just to feel less empty?
Have you ever said or done really stupid things on purpose just to feel less empty?

And have you ever felt like a complete idiot for it afterwards?

Has feeling like an idiot made you feel even more empty which causes you do do or say something stupid again just to feel something again. Even just something negative.

And has that vicious cycle repeated itself?

Or does this all sound completely ridiculous? Tongue
RE: Have you ever said or done really stupid things on purpose just to feel less empty?
On purpose, no.

Also, I am the type of person who taught myself to not regret anything I say or do.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Have you ever said or done really stupid things on purpose just to feel less empty?
I don't regret my former actions either as it's pointless. And I do seem to be able to use logic to avoid emotions like regret and guilt. They've been long gone for a long while now . . . as has anger. Although I've seemed angry not too long ago in the past but those times I'd say it's just been frustration and linguistic combativeness. It's been a long long while since I've felt genuine anger.

It's a pity that I can't do the same for sadness and despair when they hit as I do for regret and guilt when I make them disappear. And yet, at the same time, they're often as welcome to me as they are overwhelming . . . as sometimes it's just good to feel like I feel something.

And yet . . . I'm nevertheless not depressed. Just rather lost really. Life has that unreal feeling to it right now if it has any sort of feeling at all. I feel so small it's not even worthless or low self esteem. I don't feel bad. I don't even feel empty. I feel almost unreal or like I don't exist at all. Although I know I obviously exist literally speaking as a human being. I mean duh Tongue
Sometimes I do say or do stupid things. I don't think it's to feel less empty.. I don't know why. Sometimes I feel like changing my life to try to do the things I want is hopeless. I don't know if I have mild depression sometimes or not. It would not be surprising if I did. Dieting is making my moods a little off anyway.

I regret a lot of things. Like if option A involves self conflict but the least amount of harm and option B could unleash a shitstorm, I feel bad even though I picked option A.
I traffic often enough in the absurd, almost always for the sake of humor.

When I get truly stupid, I'm usually dead-serious.

(October 13, 2017 at 11:56 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: When I get truly stupid, I'm usually dead-serious.

Likewise . . . when I'm coherent.
I might do something really stupid just to get a rise out of people, like asking a sanctimonious teacher at my Catholic high school if it's okay to have sex with your wife after she's dead. One time, I tried it with another teacher and I managed to get suspended until I had a psychiatrist dope me up.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
I've had 4 years of lithium in the past, too. Although I have always been more anti-functional than anti-social.
(October 14, 2017 at 12:10 am)Hammy Wrote: I've had 4 years of lithium in the past, too. Although I have always been more anti-functional than anti-social.

In my case, it was Viibryd and Abilify. The lowest dose does nothing. The second-lowest dose, on the other hand:

This is only slightly exaggerated; In my case, it set in after I got out of the tub the night my dosage got upped.

Luvox works better for me.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(October 13, 2017 at 6:12 pm)Hammy Wrote: Have you ever said or done really stupid things on purpose just to feel less empty?
Yup.

Quote:And have you ever felt like a complete idiot for it afterwards?
Nope

Quote:Has feeling like an idiot made you feel even more empty which causes you do do or say something stupid again just to feel something again. Even just something negative.

And has that vicious cycle repeated itself?

Or does this all sound completely ridiculous? Tongue
Well, it sounds like it sucks.    Confused
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Happy birthday Gawdzilla where ever you are. arewethereyet 6 352 January 12, 2024 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Would you still cook if you diddn't have to? Angrboda 41 2024 October 30, 2023 at 3:40 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  [Serious] A thought I had about some people's view on some things medical and other things ShinyCrystals 15 746 October 22, 2023 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: ShinyCrystals
  Is modern era comfortable, but empty? Macoleco 40 2514 January 4, 2023 at 6:25 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Have you ever Met-up with an online Buddy? Uberpod 25 1371 December 3, 2022 at 10:33 pm
Last Post: Orbit
  Stuff you have done (that most people haven' t) onlinebiker 54 4016 October 4, 2022 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Things You Miss Foxaèr 15 890 September 16, 2022 at 6:40 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Last night my 10-year old daughter said that she did not believe in God. Jehanne 22 2037 December 26, 2021 at 5:37 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Things your family/friends have done you wish. Brian37 5 481 October 19, 2021 at 5:56 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How high have you ever been? Frank Apisa 27 2007 June 28, 2021 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: Fireball