Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 9:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What was the worst year of your life?
RE: What was the worst year of your life?
2010. The year Sam died.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
. . . and maybe even now you don't want to get used to the feeling they're gone. It's like betrayal . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

'94 when I first started having auditory hallucinations and was introduced to the clusterfuck that is severe mental illness.
Probably 1996 or 1997. Not sure which was worse. 

There was also a few incidents in 2005 i would like to forget but the rest of the year wasn't that bad.
Dying to live, living to die.
‘99

Learned my father was a child molester, my girlfriend left me, my dog died, and I was failing college. The first three items happened in about a 2 month span.
2003 was pretty nasty -- That was the year I got screwed around at work, had a major panic attack when told that my already too-onerous workload was being increased, had to go on Zoloft for 5 months, and ended up taking a hefty pay cut and working half-time. (Quit the place altogether in '05, and good riddance.)

Dishonourable mention to 2000, the year my marriage crashed and burned (a panicked late-night move, a restraining order and a nasty case of acid reflux were involved). It was, however, the end of an era and the start of far greater things.
1987 was shit. Mind you, I was 14 at the time.
I can’t decide.

1991. It also kind of set the path for many of my chronic troubles. My childhood, joy, dreams, they were shattered and replaced with hate, fear, panic, guilt, paranoia, and depression. I was six.
2004. Same. More humiliating this time. To this day I can’t walk down a street alone and not keep looking behind my shoulder. Fuck paranoia. It’s a bitch.
2016-2017. My ex husband made my life a living hell. I truly wanted life to just leave me alone. It’s November and I’m experiencing the beginning of peace.

Maybe 1991 was the worst, though. It started everything.
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
It's rather difficult to say: thanks to the negativity bias inherent in the human species and my own mood disorder, I can remember a lot of things I could cite as evidence that damn near every year of my life has been the worst. But you have to balance it with the good memories.

At this point, I think 2003 would be the best candidate. Puberty coming into swing, bullying at full force, guitar playing losing its novelty, I think that year is probably the one with the least mitigating factors. As I rack my brain, it's telling the best thing I can remember happening to me that year is discovering Father Ted.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Star HAPPY NEW YEAR Nay_Sayer 14 893 January 1, 2024 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Restaurant to eat free for a year Fake Messiah 6 619 January 17, 2023 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Happy New Year!! Jehanne 16 742 January 1, 2022 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Last night my 10-year old daughter said that she did not believe in God. Jehanne 22 2144 December 26, 2021 at 5:37 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Happy New Year? zebo-the-fat 28 2013 January 2, 2021 at 4:42 am
Last Post: Apollo
  Super Heroes, Star Wars and Star Trek is the worst entertainment made in US history Sanau 18 1706 March 30, 2020 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Which console zo buy a 12-year-old kid? franzis 20 2414 February 23, 2020 at 4:30 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  HAPPY NEW YEAR ! WinterHold 4 615 January 1, 2020 at 6:18 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  The WORST Advice Someone Ever Gave You BrianSoddingBoru4 11 1057 April 14, 2019 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Happy New Year!! Jehanne 16 1015 January 2, 2019 at 2:35 am
Last Post: Godscreated