Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 12:17 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody here have any favorite Sega Genesis/Mega Drive games?
Anybody here have any favorite Sega Genesis/Mega Drive games?
Now that I did a favorite SNES games post, I want to now do a favorite Sega Genesis/Mega Drive games post.
I have more favorites for this console than I do for the SNES, since I played more Genesis games than SNES games.

Here are some of my favorites:
Sonic the Hedgehog 1-3
Sonic & Knuckles
Mega Man: The Wily Wars (Rockman Mega World)
Altered Beast
Ristar
Phantasy Star 2-4
Kid Chameleon
Dynamite Headdy
Strider
Alien Storm
Battletoads
Bonanza Bros.
The Ooze
Comix Zone
Vectorman 1 & 2
Thunder Force III
Ecco The Dolphin
El Viento
MUSHA
Streets of Rage 1-3
Gain Ground

And etc....
RE: Anybody here have any favorite Sega Genesis/Mega Drive games?
Sonic the hedgehog series.
Streets of rage.
Columns.
Golden axe.
Street fighter.
Toejam and earl.
General chaos.
Combat cars.
Aladdin.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Contra
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

My absolute favourites are Streets Of Rage 2 (then 1, then 3; never really got into 3 cos not only was it less graphically polished than 2, it always rolled accidentally when I tried to move up or down, which was very annoying, and in my opinion an unnecessary complication) and Alien 3 (especially with a Datel Pro Action Replay cartridge... or at a stretch, a Game Genie Wink which I never like as much cos you couldn't find your own codes).

Others... wouldn't necessarily say favourites but just ones I can remember (SOR 1/2/3 and Alien 3 are the only ones I still play now, every now and then) that I had are toe jam and earl, kid chameleon,?Aquatic Games, moonwalker,?krusty's fun house, populous/populous 2 (that was pretty good),?James Pond (can't remember exactly what that is... might be the aforementioned aquatic games), fantastic dizzy, desert strike, something about illusion (?castle of illusion), street racer (though that may have been the SNES... not sure), ah yes, Road Rash 1/2/3 (that was very good).

I also had a Master System Converter... and my favourite game on that was Asterix... but generally the master system was a bit before my time. And also had a Mega CD... and my favourite game on that was Night Trap.
Shining Force and Shining Force II
Phantasy Star II and IV
Sonic -> Sonic & Knuckles
ATP Tour Tennis (one of the most underrated sports games of its era)
Toejam & Earl (I donated to the Kickstarter for the new one)
Eternal Champions
X-Men
Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom, in my opinion, is a underrated classic.
Streets of Rage 1-2

Street Fighter 2.

Revenge of Shinobi.

Golden Axe 1-2

Mortal Kombat 2.

Ultimate Mortal Kombat

Primal Rage

Columns

(November 14, 2017 at 11:58 am)emjay Wrote: My absolute favourites are Streets Of Rage 2 (then 1, then 3; never really got into 3

Same here!

I don't think Streets of Rage 3 is a very good game.

1 and 2 are great.

Only difference here is that I prefer 1. But that is probably mostly for nostalgic reasons. It was the second video game I ever played.
Wonder Boy in Monster World

That's really it I guess.
The whole tone of Church teaching in regard to woman is, to the last degree, contemptuous and degrading. - Elizabeth Cady Stanton

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Upcoming games you want to play Foxaèr 13 2087 October 6, 2022 at 1:58 pm
Last Post: Divinity
  What are your top 5 video games of all time? T0 Th3 M4X 80 8613 May 22, 2022 at 1:18 pm
Last Post: emjay
  I sucked at video games. Brian37 16 3035 July 18, 2021 at 5:21 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  The issue with Match-3 games Foxaèr 4 452 August 15, 2020 at 4:50 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Stream Switch games without a capture card. Mechaghostman2 0 379 November 24, 2019 at 4:16 pm
Last Post: Mechaghostman2
  Anybody here plays Diablo 3 RoS? LastPoet 3 322 November 24, 2018 at 6:39 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Any sci-fi open world games? Mechaghostman2 9 1905 September 27, 2018 at 11:48 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Games still to be released in 2018 Foxaèr 9 1162 June 2, 2018 at 12:32 am
Last Post: KevinM1
  Of new homes and video games. Brian37 7 1158 May 25, 2018 at 6:08 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Any GTA V gamers here? GODZILLA 5 537 March 29, 2018 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: Raven Orlock