Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 9:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nothing New Under The Sun
Nothing New Under The Sun
I noticed last night when a program came on MSNBC that they started it by saying "it is day 309 of the Trump presidency."

I recalled that was what they did during the Iran Hostage Crisis.  "It's day 157 of the Iran Hostage Crisis..."  or  "It's day 203....."

That's how I feel.  I'm a hostage to a madman with nukes.  Luckily, no sign of Stockholm Syndrome setting in yet.

[Image: sticker,375x360-bg,ffffff.u3.png]
RE: Nothing New Under The Sun
It is better to remove trump and permanently disenfranchise all of his voters than to fuck any of them.

So called “democracy” in the US has never been about giving each person a vote. It has always been about enfranchising those who share you interests or can be duped into voting against their own interests for your interest, and disenfranchising those who do not share your interests and can not be duped into voting for your interests.

The quicker the Democrats relearn the true nature of the game, the better.
Quote:So called “democracy” in the US has never been about giving each person a vote.

We started out as a republic where only white men with property could vote.  What today's republicunts, racist fucktards, and neo-nazis call, "the good old days."
(November 23, 2017 at 1:03 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:So called “democracy” in the US has never been about giving each person a vote.

We started out as a republic where only white men with property could vote.  What today's republicunts, racist fucktards, and neo-nazis call, "the good old days."

They game of disenfranchising those who don’t share our interests is still the same. The Democrats had better bring a real weapon to this fight the next time.
At some point the electorate has to take responsibility.

[Image: quote-every-country-has-the-government-i...-42-95.jpg]
(November 23, 2017 at 1:18 pm)Minimalist Wrote: At some point the electorate has to take responsibility.

[Image: quote-every-country-has-the-government-i...-42-95.jpg]

The wait would be forever.  The capacity of the large fraction of the people to sustain and expand upon their own cognative dissonance to continue to believe what they are told to believe is without bounds.

Major portion of the people will always be suggestible and prefer to be led by the nose concerning what to think. This is especially true if they are fortified by the easily created delusion that what they were told to think, they thought of by themselves. The trick is therefore to make sure it is your side that is working on people’s suggestibility, not the other side.
Yes and no.  What the Dems have forgotten is that the commons are fickle.  They want to be excited.  That's how Obama stole the nomination from Clinton in 2008.  The first step is to stop trotting out these old warhorses and let a candidate who does excite people emerge from the primary process.  After that, it is just a question of how effective they are in combating the creeping fascism which threatens this country.

I do think 2020 will be the only chance to save this country.  By 2024 we will have attained full banana-republic status.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why Political Parties Mean Nothing onlinebiker 10 572 September 29, 2020 at 10:04 am
Last Post: Divinity
  Prague Mayor under police protection Mr Greene 4 378 April 28, 2020 at 6:21 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Trump under fire for racially-charged tweets against congresswomen zebo-the-fat 151 9147 August 10, 2019 at 1:16 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  What Is This All Men Are Equal Under The Law Shit? Minimalist 10 3346 May 24, 2017 at 4:47 pm
Last Post: NuclearEnergy
  Would Trump supporters remain consistent under this scenario NuclearEnergy 14 2280 May 6, 2017 at 12:46 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Tanks for Nothing! Minimalist 21 3647 March 24, 2017 at 12:00 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Trumpcare: Worse Than Nothing Minimalist 0 396 March 21, 2017 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Khizr Khan (Gold Star Family) Told that his Travel Privileges are "under review." SteelCurtain 6 1466 March 7, 2017 at 4:01 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Seems That The WLB is Cracking Under the Pressure Minimalist 23 3826 March 6, 2017 at 12:38 am
Last Post: AFTT47
  If This Doesn't De-Trumpify You, Nothing Will BrianSoddingBoru4 22 3460 January 11, 2017 at 3:16 pm
Last Post: Crunchy