Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 8:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taxes, freedom of information act...
RE: Taxes, freedom of information act...
(February 4, 2018 at 2:24 pm)chimp3 Wrote:
(February 4, 2018 at 2:20 pm)Brian37 Wrote: STILL NOT GETTING IT!

We are NOT talking about private citizens here. We are talking about politicians in power. People who have the power to use a stroke of a pen or voice of order to affect your life. 

If a free society is to give power to those we elect, scrutiny of power is the ONLY thing that can prevent that power from becoming abusive.
Still not getting it! Politicians are private citizens and they do not surrender their rights to the mob! If the constitution does not protect every citizen then it is shit wipe. I have already stated that what they do , on the job, is open to public scrutiny. Their job performance is on our dollar. When it comes to their private lives, get a warrant.

Before they take office for the first time YES.

But in office no, at that point they are PUBLIC employees. 

If you want to make this about the private sector, do know that if you were to apply to be a clerk at a bank, NOT EVEN BEING FAMOUS, if you apply to be a teller at a bank, THE BANK  WILL CRAWL UP YOUR FUCKING ASS WITH A MICROSCOPE!

If that level of scrutiny is ok for you where you trust a PRIVATE business to hold your money, then why do you STUPIDLY think that a politician should be subject to less scrutiny than your no name bank teller?
RE: Taxes, freedom of information act...
(February 4, 2018 at 2:32 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(February 4, 2018 at 2:24 pm)chimp3 Wrote: Still not getting it! Politicians are private citizens and they do not surrender their rights to the mob! If the constitution does not protect every citizen then it is shit wipe. I have already stated that what they do , on the job, is open to public scrutiny. Their job performance is on our dollar. When it comes to their private lives, get a warrant.

Before they take office for the first time YES.

But in office no, at that point they are PUBLIC employees. 

If you want to make this about the private sector, do know that if you were to apply to be a clerk at a bank, NOT EVEN BEING FAMOUS, if you apply to be a teller at a bank, THE BANK  WILL CRAWL UP YOUR FUCKING ASS WITH A MICROSCOPE!

If that level of scrutiny is ok for you where you trust a PRIVATE business to hold your money, then why do you STUPIDLY think that a politician should be subject to less scrutiny than your no name bank teller?
Look! I get background checks and fingerprinted for my job. They can check my background for legal actions against me only. Any convictions are public knowledge. They have no right to look at my taxes. I am sure it is the same for bank tellers. Whether they have a name or not!
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What happens if you "tell" a police to f**k off? Freedom of speech? Duty 16 989 April 17, 2022 at 9:35 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Gas and Go smoke em if you got em. Taxes. Brian37 25 1774 October 12, 2021 at 10:38 am
Last Post: Brian37
  We The People Act onlinebiker 48 2337 March 6, 2021 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  For Americans Who are willing to act Rhizomorph13 13 841 September 21, 2020 at 6:17 pm
Last Post: Sal
  Anyone Else in America See Your Taxes Go Up? DeistPaladin 17 2264 April 12, 2019 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: RobbyPants
  "Securing America’s Election Act" Has Gotten Little To No Media Attention ReptilianPeon 20 2376 August 2, 2018 at 9:47 am
Last Post: Brian37
  The Power of Freedom vs. Hate Speech Laws Mechaghostman2 13 1574 May 1, 2018 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Trump administration announces conscience and religious freedom HHS Division Divinity 91 9123 January 22, 2018 at 2:17 am
Last Post: Cecelia
  Larry Flynt offers $10M for information leading to Trump's Impeachment Divinity 8 1980 October 16, 2017 at 6:49 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Repealing the Affordable Care Act will kill more than 43,000 people annually Aegon 73 9428 January 26, 2017 at 3:18 pm
Last Post: Amarok