Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 4:53 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I apply Kathy Griffin to sports too. Super Bowl 52
I apply Kathy Griffin to sports too. Super Bowl 52
I love the game of football, been watching since I was a kid. 

But damn I do get tired of the "I have to thank God" crap after a score or a win. 

It reminds me of what Kathy Griffin said on stage about awards "Suck it Jesus".

DAMN people, again, it isn't about anyone's legal rights to make such claims, but the HORRIBLE LOGIC.

If you are lucky enough and talented enough to get up to the top IN ANYTHING, GREAT, but no Nick, sorry there was no god helping you win, YOU DID THAT.

But ok, sure if you insist, go ahead, make that claim Nick. 

So while kids die from cancer, old and young die from the flu, famine and war where people die, God is concerned about a well off person like you? 

I am sorry, but if that is your logic, that does not strike me as humble, but narcissistic and at the same time self defeating, as if you didn't do anything yourself.

"God helps those whom help themselves" NOPE sorry that logic does not work.

How can a kid with CANCER who DIES from cancer help themselves? Even if parents and doctors try to help them, they still die anyway in lots of cases, through no fault of their own. I am sorry, but that is just shitty logic. 

I REALLY AM happy for the Eagles and Nick, and say someone else wins a Grammy or an Oscar, GREAT, I really am happy for you. But please don't say such stupid shit like that because there are human beings all over the world who don't have it so good and or die through no fault of their own.

I would find such a deity CRUEL to be so selective, it puts human beings as mere poker chips, lab rats. 

50 to 60 million human beings on average worldwide DIE every year at every age from everything. If you want to claim a deity exists I can't stop you from claiming that, but with all that happens in the real world, if you still insist on making that claim, I'd hope you would at least want your alleged god to work on other things and not worry about your good fortune.
RE: I apply Kathy Griffin to sports too. Super Bowl 52
I like line 4 where you start arguing with imaginary people because they misinterpreted what you said in the first three lines. Come on imaginary people, read what the man says!
RE: I apply Kathy Griffin to sports too. Super Bowl 52
(February 5, 2018 at 11:31 am)wallym Wrote: I like line 4 where you start arguing with imaginary people because they misinterpreted what you said in the first three lines.   Come on imaginary people, read what the man says!

What nonsense are you going on about?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Of comedy and sports. A HELP ME thread. Brian37 9 1180 October 15, 2021 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Abusive sports fans. 0P Brian37 20 1710 June 7, 2021 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  First time in Super Bowl History. Brian37 22 1736 February 9, 2021 at 11:46 am
Last Post: Ranjr
  NFL Pro Bowl Brian37 0 262 January 31, 2021 at 9:39 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Sports, football vs figure skating...... Brian37 11 949 January 16, 2021 at 8:20 pm
Last Post: Mermaid
  Too Close For Comfort...... Brian37 0 256 December 13, 2020 at 8:47 pm
  Ok sports fans, no matter the sport........ Brian37 7 507 December 12, 2020 at 7:44 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The myth of the draft in pro sports. Brian37 3 517 December 29, 2019 at 8:28 pm
  Should college sports players be paid? Brian37 13 2305 October 2, 2019 at 12:30 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Marginalized sports viocjit 49 5223 August 1, 2019 at 8:27 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris