Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 2:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How would you respond? (A social experiment)
How would you respond? (A social experiment)
Imagine, if you will, a public business you enjoy visiting more than any other place. Now imagine that you frequent the place quite regularly.

Imagine, as you pull into the parking lot, seeing someone sitting in the passenger seat of a vehicle. The person appears normal. You go into the business, do your thing, spend an hour or two there, then you leave and still see the person in the passenger seat of the vehicle next to yours. What is your initial thought/judgment of this person?

Now, fast forward a week. Imagine that you have visited your favorite place several times and each time you've seen the vehicle in the parking lot that same person is sitting in the passenger seat. Granted, the vehicle hasn't been there every time you've visited, but just enough to make you think harder. Now what do you think of this person?

Now, fast forward a month. You haven't been able to get enough of your favorite place, and you have continued to see the same vehicle with the same passenger quite regularly. What is going on in your mind? Are you in any way concerned? Will you confront this person?
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: How would you respond? (A social experiment)
(March 22, 2018 at 7:16 pm)Lutrinae Wrote: Imagine, if you will, a public business you enjoy visiting more than any other place.  Now imagine that you frequent the place quite regularly.

Imagine, as you pull into the parking lot, seeing someone sitting in the passenger seat of a vehicle.  The person appears normal.  You go into the business, do your thing, spend an hour or two there, then you leave and still see the person in the passenger seat of the vehicle next to yours.  What is your initial thought/judgment of this person?

Now, fast forward a week.  Imagine that you have visited your favorite place several times and each time you've seen the vehicle in the parking lot that same person is sitting in the passenger seat.  Granted, the vehicle hasn't been there every time you've visited, but just enough to make you think harder.  Now what do you think of this person?

Now, fast forward a month.  You haven't been able to get enough of your favorite place, and you have continued to see the same vehicle with the same passenger quite regularly.  What is going on in your mind?  Are you in any way concerned?  Will you confront this person?

None of my business.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Did Rod Serling introduce this thread and I missed it?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I mean it is strange and I might say something to an employee that works there asking if they know what it's about but I doubt I would confront the person about it.
“What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.”

Also if your signature makes my scrolling mess up "you're tacky and I hate you."
If the person appears normal everytime then I have no reason to check out what's going on.

The only place I go to that's close to a business I enjoy on a regular basis is the gym.  

I'd be thinking they have a pretty raw deal whoever it is, no one wants to be stuck in a car park sitting in a passenger seat for an hour a day on a regular basis, that sounds like they have a boring life.  I might think they could be dealing drugs of some sort of have some kind of money making purpose for sitting there for that period of time on a regular basis.

I still don't think I'd confront them though, what could I say?  Hey are you bored? Are you selling drugs?

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

I mean, realistically I doubt I would notice this person. If I did, I might think it odd in the back of my mind but I really doubt that I would mention it to anyone. I definitely wouldn’t confront them.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
I would also say dealing dope.

That or the NSA finally caught up too you...
You lost me at the second paragraph because I don't have a car.

I found the first paragraph really interesting though. I go to this restaurant that I love a lot more regularly recently... it makes me very happy. The idea of me going even MORE frequently... sounds pretty interesting.

(Like I get utterly obsessed with the place and keep ordering more and more food and stuff my stomach up so goddamn much and run out of money and then demand to see the manager and say "FREE FOOD PLEASE OR ELSE" and they are scared by my shouty voice and give me free food. if only. Nah don't wanna be a meaninepants.)

I just wonder how this thought experiment thingy idea (that I haven't read fully yet) can work if I don't have a car.

Oh wait it's the general sense of "you" I don't have to have a car. I just have to imagine if I did have one.

(March 22, 2018 at 7:16 pm)Lutrinae Wrote: Imagine, as you pull into the parking lot, seeing someone sitting in the passenger seat of a vehicle.  The person appears normal.  You go into the business, do your thing, spend an hour or two there, then you leave and still see the person in the passenger seat of the vehicle next to yours.  What is your initial thought/judgment of this person?

My initial thought is "They like sitting in their car. Maybe they're reading a book. Maybe they're jacking off. Maybe they just like sitting in their car."

Quote:Now, fast forward a week.  Imagine that you have visited your favorite place several times and each time you've seen the vehicle in the parking lot that same person is sitting in the passenger seat.  Granted, the vehicle hasn't been there every time you've visited, but just enough to make you think harder.  Now what do you think of this person?

That's the parking lot they go to to have a sleazy wank in their car in. Or a book. Or a sit in their car.

If I had a car I'm sure I'd have favorite places to drive to to sit/wank in it aswell. Or is wanking in your own car not legal in case people see through the window? In that case, no attention span for reading... but I still might like to take my car somewhere and sit in it. Maybe meditate? I've been meaning to meditate. I'd just be so happy to have my own car.

I doubt I'll ever be safe behind the wheel. If I don't trust myself behind it how can other people trust me?

Quote:Now, fast forward a month.  You haven't been able to get enough of your favorite place, and you have continued to see the same vehicle with the same passenger quite regularly.  What is going on in your mind?  Are you in any way concerned?  Will you confront this person?

Why would I confront someone's relaxing parking lot car wank/meditate in their most favoritest wanky parking lot meditatey place?

Imagine if you kick the door to their car wide open and discover a Buddhist monk squatting in a car, cross-legged.... having a sleazy wank? (Hey sure he could have been meditating but buddhist monks have to wank too you know. I know they often try to be celibate but life is hard).... what is going on in your mind then eh?
(March 22, 2018 at 8:01 pm)Hammy Wrote: You lost me at the second paragraph because I don't have a car.

I found the first paragraph really interesting though. I go to this restaurant that I love a lot more regularly recently... it makes me very happy. The idea of me going even MORE frequently... sounds pretty interesting.

(Like I get utterly obsessed with the place and keep ordering more and more food and stuff my stomach up so goddamn much and run out of money and then demand to see the manager and say "FREE FOOD PLEASE OR ELSE" and they scared by my shouty voice and give me free food. if only. Nah don't wanna be a meaninepants.)

I just wonder how this thought experiment thingy idea (that I haven't read fully yet) can work if I don't have a car.

Oh wait it's the general sense of "you" I don't have to have a car. I just have to imagine if I did have one.

(March 22, 2018 at 7:16 pm)Lutrinae Wrote: Imagine, as you pull into the parking lot, seeing someone sitting in the passenger seat of a vehicle.  The person appears normal.  You go into the business, do your thing, spend an hour or two there, then you leave and still see the person in the passenger seat of the vehicle next to yours.  What is your initial thought/judgment of this person?

My initial thought is "They like sitting in their car. Maybe they're reading a book. Maybe they're jacking off. Maybe they just like sitting in their car."

Quote:Now, fast forward a week.  Imagine that you have visited your favorite place several times and each time you've seen the vehicle in the parking lot that same person is sitting in the passenger seat.  Granted, the vehicle hasn't been there every time you've visited, but just enough to make you think harder.  Now what do you think of this person?

That's the parking lot they go to have a sleazy wank in their car in. Or a book. Or a sit in their car.

If I had a car I'm sure I'd have favorite places to drive to to sit/wank in it too. Or is wanking in your own car not legal in case people see through the window? In that case, no attention span for reading... but I still might like to take my car someone and sit in it. Maybe meditate? I've been meaning to meditate. I'd just be so happy to have my own car.

I doubt I'll ever be safe behind the wheel. If I don't trust myself behind it how can other people trust me?

Quote:Now, fast forward a month.  You haven't been able to get enough of your favorite place, and you have continued to see the same vehicle with the same passenger quite regularly.  What is going on in your mind?  Are you in any way concerned?  Will you confront this person?

Why would I confront someone's relaxing parking lot car wank/meditate in their most favoritest wanky parking lot meditatey place?

Imagine if you kick the door to their car open and discover a Buddhist monk squatting in a car, cross-legged.... having a sleazy wank? (Hey sure he could have been meditating but buddhist monks have to wank too you know. I know they often try to be celibate but life is hard).... what is going on in your mind then eh?

Here try this:

Imagine, if you will, a public business you enjoy visiting more than any other place. Now imagine that you frequent the place quite regularly.

Imagine, as you walk into the parking lot, seeing someone sitting in the passenger seat of a vehicle. The person appears normal. You go into the business, do your thing, spend an hour or two there, then you leave and still see the person in the passenger seat of the vehicle next to yours. What is your initial thought/judgment of this person?

Now, fast forward a week. Imagine that you have visited your favorite place several times and each time you've seen the vehicle in the parking lot that same person is sitting in the passenger seat. Granted, the vehicle hasn't been there every time you've visited, but just enough to make you think harder. Now what do you think of this person?

Now, fast forward a month. You haven't been able to get enough of your favorite place, and you have continued to see the same vehicle with the same passenger quite regularly. What is going on in your mind? Are you in any way concerned? Will you confront this person?

0/10

Ah you ninjad me hehe

0/10

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Would you still cook if you diddn't have to? Angrboda 41 2158 October 30, 2023 at 3:40 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Social Media Foxaèr 3 455 September 30, 2023 at 5:11 pm
  Where would you go if you could? Brian37 24 2014 August 18, 2021 at 6:56 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  I no longer accept social distancing. onlinebiker 11 1211 April 13, 2021 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  There's social distancing, and then there's SOCIAL DISTANCING!!!!! Gawdzilla Sama 8 782 March 24, 2020 at 10:53 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  [Serious] A thought experiment... Gawdzilla Sama 12 967 October 22, 2019 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Who would you rely on to help you out? Cod 18 1326 January 8, 2019 at 6:36 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Ya knooow, Monica smells; oh ma gosh!: implicit hate and grudge in social life WinterHold 10 1431 July 20, 2018 at 5:12 am
  Social media and sexual harrasment GODZILLA 40 5424 July 5, 2018 at 11:34 pm
Last Post: paulpablo
  Atheism may be contributing to my social isolation Alexmahone 10 1603 March 17, 2018 at 11:10 pm
Last Post: AFTT47