Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 4:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why don't we have people named Jesus?
RE: Why don't we have people named Jesus?
(April 5, 2018 at 12:33 pm)Lek Wrote:
(April 5, 2018 at 12:27 pm)vulcanlogician Wrote: I'm not sure that's correct.

I don't know.  I was told that by a Mexican-American co-worker.

.............................what....the fuck...................?  Really? This isn't one of those "I totally have a mexican friend, who's super real, who said stuff" things..right? Swear to jesus?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Yes Khemikal. I swear.
(April 5, 2018 at 4:46 pm)Lek Wrote: Yes Khemikal. I swear.

I believe you Lek, but I think he was telling you a tale. Spanish and Hispanic Catholics really do name their kids after Jesus. Coincidentally, Jesus was just here fixing my stove.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.

Why on earth would anyone fuck with you like that, lol?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(April 5, 2018 at 5:58 pm)Jenny A Wrote:

I believe you Lek, but I think he was telling you a tale. Spanish and Hispanic Catholics really do name their kids after Jesus.  Coincidentally,  Jesus was just here fixing my stove.

Ya but was he wearing a shirt? 

This is important.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(April 5, 2018 at 5:58 pm)Jenny A Wrote:

I believe you Lek, but I think he was telling you a tale. Spanish and Hispanic Catholics really do name their kids after Jesus.  Coincidentally,  Jesus was just here fixing my stove.

All you need to do is look at a Spanish Bible.   You will see Jesus and JesuChristi (note: I didn't bother with the special punctuation marks).  And the one I was looking at, did have "John" as "Juan"
It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man.  - Alexander Vilenkin
If I am shown my error, I will be the first to throw my books into the fire.  - Martin Luther
.....jesu christi...... rr......
I know an Englishman named Jesus Crisp.
(April 5, 2018 at 6:37 pm)RoadRunner79 Wrote:
(April 5, 2018 at 5:58 pm)Jenny A Wrote: I believe you Lek, but I think he was telling you a tale. Spanish and Hispanic Catholics really do name their kids after Jesus.  Coincidentally,  Jesus was just here fixing my stove.
<
All you need to do is look at a Spanish Bible.   You will see Jesus and JesuChristi (note: I didn't bother with the special punctuation marks).  And the one I was looking at, did have "John" as "Juan"

Quote:1 Libro de la generación de Jesús, <I>el</I> Cristo, hijo de David, hijo de Abraham. 2Abraham engendró a Isaac; e Isaac engendró a Jacob; y Jacob engendró a Judá y a sus hermanos. 
Mateo 1:1-2
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The People of Light vs The People of Darkness Leonardo17 2 523 October 27, 2023 at 7:55 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  First Council of Nicaea: when Christianity was deformed and Jesus named son of God. WinterHold 50 3883 September 19, 2021 at 12:13 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
Rainbow Why I believe in Jesus Christ Ai Somoto 20 2685 June 30, 2021 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Why did Jesus suffer for sinners and not victims zwanzig 177 17862 June 9, 2021 at 11:14 am
Last Post: John 6IX Breezy
  Why is Jesus in third place when he deserves first? Greatest I am 25 4522 September 22, 2020 at 10:14 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Video #2 Why bad things happen to Good people. Drich 13 1639 January 6, 2020 at 11:05 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Did Jesus ever have a perm? Cod 32 4313 April 3, 2019 at 11:03 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Why did the Jews lie about Jesus? Fake Messiah 65 5521 March 28, 2019 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Aliza
  Christians: Can you see why atheists don't buy this stuff? vulcanlogician 49 3857 August 19, 2018 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  So Bible rules don't apply to rich white people Fake Messiah 42 11041 March 19, 2018 at 1:07 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger