Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 5:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Damned atheists
RE: Damned atheists
(March 14, 2019 at 10:38 am)Catharsis Wrote:
(March 14, 2019 at 9:16 am)Mister Agenda Wrote: That would have been much more impressive with an example to give the sarcasm more weight.

Since God doesn't exist, aren't we all atheists with some somewhat delusional? :Hehe
Obviously there are people who believe in gods despite the fact that they don't exist...so, no.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(March 14, 2019 at 10:42 am)Gae Bolga Wrote:
(March 14, 2019 at 10:38 am)Catharsis Wrote: Since God doesn't exist, aren't we all atheists with some somewhat delusional? :Hehe
Obviously there are people who believe in gods despite the fact that they don't exist...so, no.

Aren't they just atheists who believe in gods despite the fact that they don't exist?
Nope. "Atheists who believe in gods" is an oxymoron.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(March 14, 2019 at 10:46 am)Gae Bolga Wrote: Nope.  "Atheists who believe in gods" is an oxymoron.

Do you consider people who believe in gods still human? That's all I want to know really.

And how you treat humans.

Would you kill a human?
(March 14, 2019 at 10:54 am)Catharsis Wrote:
(March 14, 2019 at 10:46 am)Gae Bolga Wrote: Nope.  "Atheists who believe in gods" is an oxymoron.

Do you consider people who believe in gods still human? That's all I want to know really.
OFC, lol?

Quote:And how you treat humans.
Pretty well.
Quote:Would you kill a human?
Yeah.
(March 14, 2019 at 11:07 am)Gae Bolga Wrote:
(March 14, 2019 at 10:54 am)Catharsis Wrote: Do you consider people who believe in gods still human? That's all I want to know really.
OFC, lol?

Quote:And how you treat humans.
Pretty well.
Quote:Would you kill a human?
Yeah.

Ok Hehe

And in case you need it; sorry.
(March 14, 2019 at 10:38 am)Catharsis Wrote:
(March 14, 2019 at 9:16 am)Mister Agenda Wrote: That would have been much more impressive with an example to give the sarcasm more weight.

Love your neighbour.

The parable of the Good Samaritan is the most ethically wise lesson in the NT, IMHO.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
We need Jesus to enlighten us about the morality of shitting on people who are different than us?
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Chances are, some modern interpretation of that story is what you have in mind when you consider it's value MA.  

The thrust, before being sanitized, is that those subhuman mongrels, the samaritans, are better than the christian's competition in the market of theological authority and faithful authenticity.
(March 15, 2019 at 9:20 am)Jörmungandr Wrote: We need Jesus to enlighten us about the morality of shitting on people who are different than us?

Is that supposed to follow from the opinion I stated?

(March 15, 2019 at 1:48 pm)Gae Bolga Wrote: Chances are, some modern interpretation of that story is what you have in mind when you consider it's value MA.  

The thrust, before being sanitized, is that those subhuman mongrels, the samaritans, are better than the christian's competition in the market of theological authority and faithful authenticity.

Or the thrust, before being soiled ( Angel ), is that your neighbor is whoever needs you and you ought to treat those who need help with compassion and mercy, and someone in a social group you disapprove of is morally superior and more deserving of eternal life than a person in a more acceptable social group if they behave this way and the 'more acceptable' person does not. The parable was literally in response to the question from a lawyer, after citing the law to love your neighbor as yourself, 'who is my neighbor?' In the parable, the person who was treating their neighbor as if they loved him was the Samaritan, and Jesus told the lawyer to do the same, be like the person who had mercy on the guy brutalized by robbers not like the supposedly sanctified people who walked by. There is also a strong implication that the Samaritan deserved eternal life more than the Jews who did not show compassion, since the original question concerned what is required for eternal life.  

That's the meaning I got from reading the passage in the KJV and Living Bible, without being told how to interpret it. I could be reading it wrong, but out of all the things in the Bible that shook my faith, this wasn't one of them.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Damned Pervert Priests - and other assorted Holy Scumbags Minimalist 501 57465 2 hours ago
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Damned Christians Foxaèr 832 116367 March 27, 2024 at 8:17 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Damned Catholics Minimalist 1996 302935 March 24, 2024 at 2:44 am
  Damned Muslims Minimalist 748 124690 March 20, 2024 at 1:05 am
  Damned Hindus Minimalist 83 22128 January 22, 2024 at 7:47 am
  Damned Mormons Minimalist 216 44219 September 18, 2023 at 9:53 am
Last Post: zwanzig
  Damned Scientologists Fake Messiah 24 3914 January 29, 2023 at 8:40 am