Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:15 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tell us your ethnicity with food pics
RE: Tell us your ethnicity with food pics
(April 20, 2018 at 4:34 pm)The Industrial Atheist Wrote:
(April 20, 2018 at 4:21 pm)mlmooney89 Wrote: My husband is Peruvian and when we first started dating he told me that when he was little his grandmother would take him to pick out his favorite guinea pig and he would strangle it then they would cook it up for dinner. For a half second I believed him then I was like "pfft you'd cry if you had to kill something." he laughed and said yeah he wouldn't do that but guinea pig is a big deal in Peru. lol

Hilarious  Hilarious

Lol if I had to kill something to eat I'd go hungry until I felt bad enough to reconsider, by then I'd be too weak to succeed.

If I had to kill something to eat I'd probably either learn to fish or go on an ant diet lol.

(April 20, 2018 at 5:02 pm)paulpablo Wrote: English food is too bland to even bother posting a picture of.

What's your favorite food? Smile
It's tough to answer what my favourite food is...

The first thing I think of when I think of a treat day is KFC.

The food I eat the most of on a day to day basis is probably chickpeas, they're healthy, easy to make, and they go with anything.  I usually mix them up with sweet potato.  

There are some foods that if they're stored in my house I have to have them on that day because they're just too addictive to not eat and if I deprive myself of eating them I'll just be thinking about that food the rest of the day.  Sweet popcorn, tesco blueberry muffins, pink donuts.

I haven't had any treats for a while now except popcorn. 

I hadn't had bacon for nearly a year or so then tried it again the other day, my first thought was oh fuck I forgot how good bacon is.  But I still think KFC has the edge over bacon.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

[Image: dbb6d7eac57d2468270b88929be0f1b753dbf1ed.jpg]

[Image: iftar-dates.jpg]

Rolleyes
(April 20, 2018 at 6:42 pm)Hammy Wrote:
(April 20, 2018 at 4:34 pm)The Industrial Atheist Wrote: Lol if I had to kill something to eat I'd go hungry until I felt bad enough to reconsider, by then I'd be too weak to succeed.

If I had to kill something to eat I'd probably either learn to fish or go on an ant diet lol.
I haven't fished in years. Decades really. I wasn't very good then. I actually don't like the idea of impaling the worm on the hook. I think there was some survival show that the guy ate ants. It might've been in the book by Les Stroud (SurvivorMan).
Puerto Rico  Cool

[Image: TKBBhmj.jpg]

[Image: p7Sdcr5.jpg]

[Image: iekDPth.jpg]

[Image: cKE31fT.jpg]
100% Portuguese

[Image: 6.jpg]

[Image: LStxuDhbIsX1A+wQUnAB753V1aDbzq711M40=&W=...ay_optim=1]

[Image: bitoque1.jpg]
Lebanese:

Kousa (zucchini stuffed with rice and such)

[Image: kousa_cooked.jpg]

Riz w laban (rice and yoghurt):

[Image: 275px-Risalamande.jpg]

Kebbeh

[Image: Meat-Kebbeh.jpg?fit=900%2C556]

Manoushe

[Image: Lebanese+Pizza+-+Manoushe+zaatar+recipe.jpg]

And don't forget laffet (Lebanese bread sandwiches) of various types.

Now I miss my mum's food. Maybe I'll pay her a visit sometime soon!
(April 21, 2018 at 2:32 am)Grandizer Wrote: Lebanese:

Kousa (zucchini stuffed with rice and such)

[Image: kousa_cooked.jpg]

Riz w laban (rice and yoghurt):

[Image: 275px-Risalamande.jpg]

Kebbeh

[Image: Meat-Kebbeh.jpg?fit=900%2C556]

Manoushe

[Image: Lebanese+Pizza+-+Manoushe+zaatar+recipe.jpg]

And don't forget laffet (Lebanese bread sandwiches) of various types.

Now I miss my mum's food. Maybe I'll pay her a visit sometime soon!

So much deliciousness!! Since learning from my dad that we are 1/3 middle eastern (Iranian/Syrian), I’ve been trying to learn more about the regions’ food. I LOVE kebbeh!

(April 21, 2018 at 2:10 am)I pocaracas Wrote: 100% Portuguese

[Image: 6.jpg]

[Image: LStxuDhbIsX1A+wQUnAB753V1aDbzq711M40=&W=...ay_optim=1]

[Image: bitoque1.jpg]

I’ve never had Portugese food, this looks yum!

Energizer bunny, all this time, I never knew you’re from Puerto Rico. Interesting!

Do you have family there now?
That second pic looks extremely tasty, Poca.

I'd love to try some Portugese food sometime. Would you be able to bring some over for Portugal if we meet again? Big Grin

I should say when... I feel like we probably will one day. You're around a lot so it's just when you get chance to go to my town (the one that shall remain unnamed for privacy reasons Tongue) and I have some money for York really. Maybe we could go to York right away so less yapping on my part Tongue

Not too much walking though I still wanna go somewhere and chat and I'm one unfit motherfucker Tongue

I walk for a couple of hours regularly... but no more than that lol.
[Image: f1ce07b0d7cd58913aa4f6903e57b086.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A PhD with food stamps? Jehanne 6 839 April 18, 2022 at 3:58 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Christmas decorations 2021 pics brewer 21 1636 December 13, 2021 at 8:44 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Cultural Appropriation and Food Goosebump 15 1167 June 6, 2021 at 11:11 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Silly food. Gawdzilla Sama 19 1045 December 22, 2020 at 9:01 am
Last Post: brewer
Thumbs Up Tell me YOUR weather is this screwed up. onlinebiker 5 619 April 15, 2020 at 12:59 pm
Last Post: brewer
  "Institution" and food shows. Brian37 17 1021 February 17, 2020 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Why I hate food critics.... Brian37 23 2705 January 21, 2020 at 10:14 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Song Thread About Food/Drink BrianSoddingBoru4 16 1363 May 23, 2019 at 11:05 pm
Last Post: Draconic Aiur
  You can tell it' s REALLY cold out when - onlinebiker 13 1289 January 31, 2019 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  (Yet Another) Tell Us About You Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 40 2581 September 12, 2018 at 6:25 am
Last Post: Lucanus