Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Rule - Promoting Terrorism
RE: New Rule - Promoting Terrorism
(June 18, 2018 at 1:53 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote:
(June 18, 2018 at 1:19 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: This rule is going to be tough to enforce - one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

Boru

I'd be a little concerned about that too. People are really quick on here to label some groups terrorists, even if they haven't even killed anyone or even caused any terror.

Although based on past rule changes and how they effect the forum, I'm not too worried.

Yeah, you don't have to worry.
(June 18, 2018 at 1:19 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: This rule is going to be tough to enforce - one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

Boru

Good point.  For example it is hard to know which side are the terrorists in Yemen.
(June 18, 2018 at 4:19 pm)Minimalist Wrote:

Boru

Good point.  For example it is hard to know which side are the terrorists in Yemen.

Then, we might apply the rule to both sides.

Believe me, guys. It's going to be easier for us than you might think. I don't think I've ever lost a game of "spot the terrorist recruiter."
I hope promoting the causes of the terrorists is not confused with promoting terrorism. Terrorism can be perpetrated to advance or in the name of an otherwise meritorious cause. If the cause has the substance and justification to stand alone, then terrorism committed on its behalf neither enoble terrorism nor detract from the merit of the cause.
(June 18, 2018 at 4:53 pm)Shell B Wrote:
(June 18, 2018 at 4:19 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Good point.  For example it is hard to know which side are the terrorists in Yemen.

Then, we might apply the rule to both sides.

Believe me, guys. It's going to be easier for us than you might think. I don't think I've ever lost a game of "spot the terrorist recruiter."

*hides*
Dying to live, living to die.
(June 18, 2018 at 4:59 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote: I hope promoting the causes of the terrorists is not confused with promoting terrorism. Terrorism can be perpetrated to advance or in the name of an otherwise meritorious cause. If the cause has the substance and justification to stand alone, then terrorism committed on its behalf neither enoble terrorism nor detract from the merit of the cause.

Of course.
If I create a post asking for like-minded individuals with certain skills, that's not strictly promotinvg terrorism is it?

Asking for a friend.

Seriously though inhabitants of Trumpland may want to be wary of being associated with anything that could be redefined as terrorism in a near future McCarthy witch hunt environment.
No more Star Wars talk!
Unless you want to praise the Empire!

Because it may lead to real terrorism!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(June 17, 2018 at 8:42 pm)ignoramus Wrote: So no more threats towards the WLB Dunno

I think Min's gonna get bored quickly...

Seriously? Everybody pisses Min off.
Do we have a clear definition of what 'terrorism' is?

Nowadays it's pretty subjective.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PSA: Hate Speech, rule 7 arewethereyet 24 2266 September 21, 2023 at 7:14 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  PSA: Update to necroposting rule arewethereyet 51 6262 April 3, 2023 at 2:33 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  PSA: Added to threats rule arewethereyet 8 2716 May 19, 2022 at 12:42 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  PSA: The Necroposting Rule BrianSoddingBoru4 42 6270 April 6, 2022 at 3:03 pm
Last Post: brewer
  PSA - Clarification of rule #3 on doxxing. arewethereyet 18 3531 November 17, 2021 at 5:11 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  [Serious] Proposing A Rule Change BrianSoddingBoru4 24 4801 June 11, 2020 at 11:30 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  PSA: New Rule BrianSoddingBoru4 75 13415 July 22, 2019 at 8:19 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  The 30/30 rule Losty 3 1255 June 27, 2018 at 10:28 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Pedophilia Rule Modification Tiberius 3 1156 June 27, 2018 at 12:28 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Clickbait rule rescinded. Tiberius 26 4551 March 17, 2017 at 10:26 pm
Last Post: Jehanne