Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 12:33 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SCOTUS Nom made dangerous suggestion.
SCOTUS Nom made dangerous suggestion.
President Shithole's SCOTUS nominee made a dangerous suggestion years ago that should send chills up your spine, REGARDLESS OF PARTY.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/brett-kavan...ial-power/

Krapenaugh basically said the president should not be subject to investigation, litigation or indictment while in office. "You could always do that after they leave office"......... HEY YOU FUCKING DIPSHIT, did it ever occur to you that if you wait that crime could cause more damage?

No sorry, there is a reason our founders put in place the actions of checks on power.
RE: SCOTUS Nom made dangerous suggestion.
I think it depends on what you are talking about. I had said during the Clinton / Monica thing, that it should have waited until after. Now if it was something directly related to the Presidency, then that’s another matter. I think it depends on what it is. Afterwards, you can throw the book at him. For me, it’s not about trying to protect the person in office, but not taking away from the office for a frivolous suit or charge.
It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man.  - Alexander Vilenkin
If I am shown my error, I will be the first to throw my books into the fire.  - Martin Luther
(July 10, 2018 at 2:26 pm)RoadRunner79 Wrote: I think it depends on what you are talking about. I had said during the Clinton / Monica thing, that it should have waited until after.   Now if it was something directly related to the Presidency, then that’s another matter.   I think it depends on what it is. Afterwards, you can throw the book at him.   For me, it’s not about trying to protect the person in office, but not taking away from the office for a frivolous suit or charge.

Personally, I think that would be a massive violation of due process.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(July 10, 2018 at 2:26 pm)RoadRunner79 Wrote: I think it depends on what you are talking about. I had said during the Clinton / Monica thing, that it should have waited until after.   Now if it was something directly related to the Presidency, then that’s another matter.   I think it depends on what it is. Afterwards, you can throw the book at him.   For me, it’s not about trying to protect the person in office, but not taking away from the office for a frivolous suit or charge.

Remember Trump has already suggested that he could serve more than two terms. 
Combine the two and you get an untouchable dictator like Mugabe, it took decades to dislodge him.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(July 10, 2018 at 2:44 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote:

Remember Trump has already suggested that he could serve more than two terms. 
Combine the two and you get an untouchable dictator like Mugabe, it took decades to dislodge him.

I don’t see that happening.... although it’s funny how that seems to come about each time. I would be curious to see the statement this was based on?
It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man.  - Alexander Vilenkin
If I am shown my error, I will be the first to throw my books into the fire.  - Martin Luther
http://www.newsweek.com/trump-president-...ife-884073
(July 10, 2018 at 3:05 pm)RoadRunner79 Wrote:
(July 10, 2018 at 2:44 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: Remember Trump has already suggested that he could serve more than two terms. 

I don’t see that happening.... although it’s funny how that seems to come about each time. I would be curious to see the statement this was based on?

He's publicly joked about it a couple of times. I don't take it seriously.

That said, Trump is one of those people who doesn't seem to have a genuine sense of humor -- certainly not when it comes to himself. I don't trust people with no sense of humor. They often say outrageous or hurtful shit to others and then try to smooth it over by claiming they were just joking. I don't expect to see a push for a constitutional amendment, but I'm sure Trump wouldn't fight it if it happened. His 'joke' reveals his wish.
What is it with people who think those in power should be under less scrutiny than the average joe, instead of more? This is part of why corruption happens. we forget that people in power can be dipshits too, when they're not being watched.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

IIRC, there was some talk during Bush 43's term to start an investigation into the (presumed) subsequent Clinton 44 administration to start building the case for Hillary's impeachment before she was even sworn in.

Not sure why Kavanaugh would have such a hard-on for both Clintons . . . .

Blush
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(July 10, 2018 at 2:26 pm)RoadRunner79 Wrote: I think it depends on what you are talking about. I had said during the Clinton / Monica thing, that it should have waited until after. Now if it was something directly related to the Presidency, then that’s another matter. I think it depends on what it is. Afterwards, you can throw the book at him. For me, it’s not about trying to protect the person in office, but not taking away from the office for a frivolous suit or charge.

So treason is frivolous, huh?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another SCOTUS ruling that is also very scary. Brian37 19 1460 June 27, 2022 at 2:26 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
Thumbs Up Must see SCOTUS cases. onlinebiker 24 1178 October 12, 2021 at 1:47 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  A Few Days Ago, I Made A Mistake BrianSoddingBoru4 57 3378 March 29, 2021 at 7:04 pm
Last Post: brewer
  [Serious] Josh Hawley is the most dangerous man in America WinterHold 15 673 January 9, 2021 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  The a holes did it, they seated Amy as SCOTUS Brian37 20 984 October 27, 2020 at 5:25 pm
Last Post: Mermaid
  Split decision by SCOTUS on Bunkerboy's taxes. Brian37 15 617 July 10, 2020 at 5:41 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  ‘God made our immune systems perfect and healthy’ — Anti-vaxxers in NJ Fake Messiah 13 1170 January 20, 2020 at 9:10 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  FB bans 'dangerous' individuals Foxaèr 155 9063 May 13, 2019 at 2:37 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Should Puerto Rico be made a state? Why or why not? Angrboda 36 2810 September 24, 2018 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  GOP now wants civility in scotus hearing? Brian37 15 1320 September 7, 2018 at 9:52 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris