Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 11:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did I "Convert" to Atheism? Not Really
RE: Did I "Convert" to Atheism? Not Really
Welcome aboard Norm.

Driven past Lara thousands of times on my way to Geelong. Is it more than a one horse town these days?
The western suburbs have certainly exploded these last few years.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(August 18, 2018 at 7:41 am)ignoramus Wrote: Welcome aboard Norm.

Driven past Lara thousands of times on my way to Geelong. Is it more than a one horse town these days?
The western suburbs have certainly exploded these last few years.
We have a population of around 16,000 now, but Lara is still pretty much a dormitory suburb for Melbourne and Geelong which is screaming out for better infrastructure. Something pretending to be a decent bus service would be nice. So, still almost a bush town which wakes up every morning wondering what year it is in.

But at least we now have our first set of traffic lights, a fence around the historic horse trough, "please do not swoop" signs for the Magpies, a creek where you really can almost walk on water, and a McDonalds.  

Norm
Just search for proofs and search for the door of God, for surely if God exists, he is best to explain his proofs and prove himself! If you going to focus your attention on those who mislead humans, then you will be mislead.
I wish humans would not think in terms of "convert" . We are not Transformers like toys.I dont even like saying "I am a" regardless of label.

Sure, "I am" is a shortcut when saying "I am an atheist" or "I am a theist".

No, in reality everyone is only a human who holds a position. There is no such thing as "atheist DNA" or "believer DNA".

I only call myself an atheist because I hold the "off" position on god/deity claims.

But the word "convert" or "de-convert" are stupid to me.

You enter a restaurant(buy anto a claim) but you are not the restaurant itself. You decide you don't like the food you leave the restaurant(exit) but again, you are not the restaurant itself.

Saying you are anything as far as a label is like saying you cant remove your cloths, but if you change your position, that is exactly what you are doing, changing your cloths. Your cloths are what you wear sure(your position) but they are not your physical skin, they are not your DNA, those things you cannot discard.

Humans even atheists, in reality are subconsciously trying to justify superior morality, and the reality is that morality isn't in a label, but in our actions as individuals.
Our positions are merely that, be it based on good logic or bad logic.

Humans go from one position to another in all directions, to holding the "on" position as far as god/s/deity claims to "off", as well as going from "off" to "on" as far as god/s/deity claims. But regardless if we leave one position or another for another you don't convert or de-convert, you simply leave one restaurant for another, you simply change your cloths, (position).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recent convert - My story Regina 6 2300 January 7, 2015 at 11:18 am
Last Post: Regina
  My... story? I guess? Its not really on par with lord of the rings to be honest. Reforged 7 3174 February 20, 2012 at 12:19 am
Last Post: Galileo