Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 6:13 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fell off my bike tonight
Fell off my bike tonight
I smelled something funny, thinking it was my bike, so I was trying to look around and beneath me to see what was wrong.

I wasn't paying proper attention and got too close to the curb. I lost control of the bike, pushed myself from it in a roll on the ground as the bike skidded away. Luckily, no one else was around.

The bike is banged up, but it still runs. Got back on the bike and drove the rest of the way to work. They told me I could go home, but I decided to stay here at work. My left foot hurts and my right ankle hurts severely, but otherwise I feel fine.

Good thing I was wearing my helmet.
RE: Fell off my bike tonight
Glad you are okay. It's so easy to be complacent riding a bike. Good thing there was no traffic or something by you.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
Glad you're OK. Take care of the ankle. You know the drill I'm sure.
(September 29, 2018 at 12:13 am)Kit Wrote: I smelled something funny, thinking it was my bike, so I was trying to look around and beneath me to see what was wrong.

I wasn't paying proper attention and got too close to the curb.  I lost control of the bike, pushed myself from it in a roll on the ground as the bike skidded away.  Luckily, no one else was around.

The bike is banged up, but it still runs.  Got back on the bike and drove the rest of the way to work.  They told me I could go home, but I decided to stay here at work.  My left foot hurts and my right ankle hurts severely, but otherwise I feel fine.

That's awful.I hope your leg and foot get better  try and keep off it .
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Ice.

And rest.  Don't forget to elevate your leg.

And buy a car.  It's safer.
Take care of yourself, dude. I suffered a serious head injury on my bike as a kid (which explains a lot doesn't it?) so I'm glad you were wearing a helmet.
I've done that too, but you Should concider seeing a doc anyway. Last time, a bacterial infection popped up more than a week later. At least now i can still put The costs down as a workaccident.
"If we go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, suggesting 69.
[Image: 41bebac06973488da2b0740b6ac37538.jpg]-
I'm glad you are energetic enough to come and post this here right after the accident, but don't ignore your injuries, visit a doctor as soon as you can.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

(September 29, 2018 at 12:13 am)Kit Wrote: I smelled something funny, thinking it was my bike, so I was trying to look around and beneath me to see what was wrong.

I wasn't paying proper attention and got too close to the curb. I lost control of the bike, pushed myself from it in a roll on the ground as the bike skidded away. Luckily, no one else was around.

The bike is banged up, but it still runs. Got back on the bike and drove the rest of the way to work. They told me I could go home, but I decided to stay here at work. My left foot hurts and my right ankle hurts severely, but otherwise I feel fine.

Helmets are essential.

Glad you're okay.
Dying to live, living to die.
Glad it wasn't any worse, kit.  I know the feeling , though - my left arm and leg are an homage to road rash.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Well I'm off to Devon Cod 26 3502 August 4, 2019 at 3:59 am
Last Post: Cod
  Neil deGrasse Tyson off the hook! chimp3 5 1211 March 16, 2019 at 11:44 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  The Joy I Fell Hearing This Song Again Has to be Shared Rhondazvous 0 500 October 29, 2018 at 12:31 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  I'm off on holidays again GUBU 6 937 September 4, 2018 at 11:14 am
Last Post: GUBU
  My humor, I know it's off the wall Foxaèr 13 2024 May 8, 2018 at 8:03 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  So dead here tonight Foxaèr 14 1742 April 1, 2018 at 4:25 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Pick the time you want me off Mystic 42 5017 February 1, 2018 at 9:29 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Should I fuck off to bed. Succubus 11 1350 January 27, 2018 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: John V
  Going To A Church Tonight Minimalist 20 2242 December 9, 2017 at 5:34 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Fartbook is really ticking me off right now. Brian37 0 594 November 16, 2017 at 8:54 pm
Last Post: Brian37