Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:31 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
if Quran said 2+2=4....
RE: if Quran said 2+2=4....
(November 10, 2018 at 9:32 pm)MysticKnight Wrote:
(November 10, 2018 at 9:31 pm)Minimalist Wrote: A.  It would have finally gotten something right.

What do I win?

A smile from me.

I'll take that.
For example the context of Suratal Tahreem of the variation of the word there, it means, helper.

The context makes it clear it means helper there.

So it is always determined by context.

You Atlas wish to prey on people's ignorance but I expose the truth regardless of what haters of Ali try to hide.
(November 10, 2018 at 3:52 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: Kit and I got in a discussion in another thread.

What I wanted to mentioned is an example of what I meant by analogy, if Quran said "2+2=4", and the dark magic is veiling them from that, they will see it something like (2+) means somethings, (2=) means something else and (4) is a whole different thing and talk about multiple meanings.

A blessed translation of 33:6 supported by other verses in Quran as well Shiite hadiths attributed to Imams:

The Prophet has more right/authority to the believers then their souls while his wives are their mothers, as well those who hold family/blood relationship, some of them with more right then others in the book of God from the believers and travellers/emigrants - only so that you do good to your Masters, this has been written in the book.

33:7 then emphasis on covenant with the Prophets of the past, and so similarly 33:6 is a firm covenant, and this set's the tone. So that if we are to bless the Prophet as commanded later in the Surah it applies to his family as well as confirmed by hadiths. And with this flow, it's easy to see 33:33 to be about them in the latter half.

If you see how 33:6 is seen by Muslims, they cut the flow of it, they butcher it and disconnect it from one another. 

It's as if all these different subjects are being discussed instead with no relationship to one another!

This is a clear proof that something is mind fucking us that doesn't let us see it for what it says.

I was more or less following you until my bolded. Is this a proof based on "dark magic"?
(November 10, 2018 at 9:42 pm)Whateverist Wrote: I was more or less following you until my bolded.  Is this a proof based on "dark magic"?

It's proof based on witnessing it happening in real time with sentences that should be seen one way but are not.
2+2=5.

Two legs good. Four legs bad.
(November 10, 2018 at 9:39 pm)MysticKnight Wrote:
(November 10, 2018 at 9:32 pm)AtlasS33 Wrote: It was. If any member speaking Arabic can testify; I'll be thankful.

All variations of the word we are talking about has literally any possible meaning of any relationship and is totally at the mercy of context to have meaning.
No. The word in the verse is "اولى", which literally means "more worthy". The past from it is "تولى". The adjective is "ولي". You can go here for more information:
https://www.almaany.com/ar/dict/ar-ar/%D...%84%D9%89/
Quote:مثلة سياقية: أولى
الحُصْنُ أوْلى لَوْ تأيَّيْتِهِ ... من حَثْيكِ التُّرْبَ عَلَى الرَّاكِبِ (شعر)

إِذَا طَلَعَتْ أُولى العَدِيِّ فنَفْرَةٌ ... إِلَى سَلَّةٍ مِنْ صَارِمِ الغَرِّ باتِكِ (شعر)

إِذا المرءُ أولى الفضلَ من فضلِ غيرِه ... فموليه أولى بالثناءِ الذي يَثْنى (شعر)

إِذا أتى ما لا يطيقُ دفعَهُ ... فالصبرُ أولى ما اقتنْيتَ نفعهُ (شعر)

إِن أَوْلى بِالْحَقِّ فِي كُلِّ حَقٍّ ... ثُمَّ أَحْرَى بأَن يَكُونَ حَقِيقا (شعر)

إذا طلعَتْ أولَى المغيرةِ قوموا ... كما قومتْ نيبٌ مخزمةٌ زجر (شعر)

Here are some contextual examples.
You're a liar. The word is not even related to the term "authority".

Quote:However the context of Quran has used it almost everywhere to discuss the issue of leadership and authority and that's it's primary meaning in Quran.

Another lie.
The context of the Quran is clear: "There's a God that created us. Then we die. Then there's judgement day. Then either heaven or hell".

Quote:For example when it says "awliyahumal Taghut", it means the disbelievers are lead astray by their false misguiding authorities and leaders.

awliyahumal ? This is not a word; اولياهمال؟؟ what the hell is this?
No; they are led astray by their own disgusting choices. And how does this relate to you being caught for the second time, twisting and forging an ancient source to suit your needs?

Quote:Almost everywhere it's used with some exceptions, like believers being friends of one another or other verses similar to that respect, and that sort of stuff, - but it almost always means authority/leadership in Quran by context of the subjects at hand.

No. "ولي" doesn't mean authority. Please revise the links above.
And didn't you translate it as "right/authority" in your op? why did you switch to "authority/leadership" in this comment?

Quote:But it can mean anything really. It could mean ally, friend, slave, leader, master, guardian, lover, etc...

ولي means loyal or "ally".
Not slave or lover or guardian or friend.

Translating from wikipedia:

Quote:https://ar.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D9%88%D9%84%D9%8A
الولي في اللغة: القرب والدنو والمطر بعد المطر[1]. والمراد بولي الله: العالِم بالله المواظب على طاعته المخلص في عبادته[2

"Walee" in language: being close and proximity and rain after rain [1]. and the intended from saying "God's Walee": the knowing of God, studious in his worship to God, the sincere in worship.

Does any of that mean "authority"??

Quote:It's a very dynamic word. But context to me, always make it clear in Quran.

You're the only dynamic thing I see here, you're full of shit and have no respect to your readers.
People are free to research. Whatever I say, you are going to call me a liar.
(November 10, 2018 at 9:48 pm)vulcanlogician Wrote: 2+2=5. For large enough values of 2, this is true.

Two legs good. Four legs bad.

Red being mine. Can someone just ban this stupid motherfucker, like he actually wants? It's what he's really trying for, FFS. Make me a mod (shudder) and it'll be my first act. It would be a mercy killing, right?
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(November 10, 2018 at 10:36 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: People are free to research. Whatever I say, you are going to call me a liar.

Because you are.
If the Quran said 2+2=4? The Qurans says plently of things which match reality, and also plently of things which I believe don't. What if Donald Trump explicitly said 2+2=4? That doesn't mean I have to like him. The saying goes: "a broken clock is right twice a day."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does the Quran support Theocracy? Leonardo17 16 626 Yesterday at 11:08 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  New Controversies around the Desecration of the Quran Leonardo17 100 8177 August 20, 2023 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Said no Imam ever LinuxGal 0 459 November 29, 2022 at 9:53 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Quran and Hadiths annatar 34 20450 October 11, 2022 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  "Nas" is probably my favorite arabic word in the Quran Woah0 22 1211 August 22, 2022 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  [Quranic reflection]: The Big Bang theory in the Quran. WinterHold 62 4195 June 14, 2022 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How I'd Reveal the Quran To Humanity ReptilianPeon 23 2825 May 11, 2022 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: Cavalry
  2-big bang theory in the Quran mo3taz3nbar 108 48611 April 3, 2022 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  [Quranic Reflection]: Quran vs Hadith- why the Hadith is false WinterHold 176 11489 January 15, 2022 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  [Quranic Reflection]: On reading the Quran.. WinterHold 1 851 July 24, 2021 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker