Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 4:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Parents form "prayer circle" over gay stage kiss
Parents form "prayer circle" over gay stage kiss
Quote:The “kiss” wasn’t even real. It was a “stage kiss”, meant to give that impression without actually doing anything. It’s not unusual in theater. It’s called “acting.”

High schoolers are certainly old enough to understand there are same-sex relationships. It’s one thing to say the play wasn’t fully age-appropriate, but if that argument is pinned on two men pretending to kiss, it’s a weak one.

This “prayer circle” is just another way for pious evangelicals to feign persecution while pushing their anti-LGBTQ+ agenda. It’s unfortunate that the theater group and the school have apologized, because they were well within their rights.

https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/2018...FjdlHowIt0
RE: Parents form "prayer circle" over gay stage kiss
Seems equitable.

Nothing of consequence happened on stage so a buncha self- righteous blowhards got together - and did nothing of consequence.

Smile

Edit to add -

You know the difference between a prayer circle and a circle jerk??

In a circle jerk, when you're done - at least you have SOMETHING to show for your efforts.
So essentially, these parents were praying to make something that never actually happened go away.  This will turn out to be the most effective prayer in history:

‘What are you praying about?’

‘A gay kiss.’

‘It was a stage kiss - it didn’t happen.’

‘PRAISE JESUS!!!’

Eedjits.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Those folks are just plain square!
(November 13, 2018 at 7:58 am)no one Wrote: Those folks are just plain square!
I don't know how plain they are,

But they are dumb squared.
"Gay kiss! Circle the bigots!"

Apologies to Firesign Theater.
At least when I play D&D I know that it's mere fantasy. These people are doing Live Action Role Playing and thinking that it's real.
(November 13, 2018 at 8:36 am)Mathilda Wrote: At least when I play D&D I know that it's mere fantasy. These people are doing Live Action Role Playing and thinking that it's real.

And that's why it's dangerous.
I don't know what they think prayer is going to accomplish. God has had plenty of time to help these bigots out and has done nothing, looks like God might not be interested in listening to them.
(November 13, 2018 at 8:51 am)IWNKYAAIMI Wrote: I don't know what they think prayer is going to accomplish. God has had plenty of time to help these bigots out and has done nothing, looks like God might not be interested in listening to them.

1. They ask god, outloud, to cure the gay away.
2. They ask god, in their minds, to curse the gay.
3. They expect results this time because THEY are doing the asking.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The latest billionaire space circle jerk. Brian37 38 2268 September 28, 2021 at 4:33 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Stage set for impeachment after Pence dismisses House call to invoke 25th Am. WinterHold 26 966 January 15, 2021 at 6:24 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Hagia Sophia: first Friday prayer since decades and Erdogan leads the prayer WinterHold 46 2201 July 26, 2020 at 5:23 am
  Social distancing vs Prayer onlinebiker 42 2790 March 21, 2020 at 2:58 pm
  George Zimmerman suing parents of Trayvon Martin among others Cecelia 140 6942 December 11, 2019 at 11:13 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  No peace in the Middle East, Netanyahu forced off stage EgoDeath 0 339 September 11, 2019 at 4:03 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  KISS of death Brian37 0 235 December 21, 2018 at 12:37 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  What in the fuck is a Patriot Prayer? GODZILLA 18 1611 August 6, 2018 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Melania visits kids taken from their parents? Brian37 36 4566 June 22, 2018 at 11:12 am
  Alex Jones being sued by parents of Sandy Hook Victims Divinity 26 3587 April 20, 2018 at 7:23 am