Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Angry Atheists and Anti-Theists
Angry Atheists and Anti-Theists
I question the motivation behind some atheists. There is a lot of anti theist openly attacking theists. Why? 
And why are they all so angry?

Check out this guy… Why is he so emotional? Where is all this anger and hate coming from???
Is his anger justified? Why? Is this guys argument even logical?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoIo_FUj408
RE: Angry Atheists and Anti-Theists
(December 11, 2018 at 9:32 pm)Agnostico Wrote: I question the motivation behind some atheists. There is a lot of anti theist openly attacking theists. Why? 
And why are they all so angry?

Check out this guy… Why is he so emotional? Where is all this anger and hate coming from???
Is his anger justified? Why? Is this guys argument even logical?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoIo_FUj408

Hi! Theist here from a non-crazy religious background. I pretty much asked the same question a few years ago and like you, I wandered onto an atheist forum to find out for myself from the horse's mouth.

As it turns out, some people act like assholes whether they're atheist or theist.

He's probably emotional because his former religion damaged him in some significant way. The anger and indignation may help him validate his own views and it may be cathartic for him to vent. Honestly, there's a lot of anger on both sides of the aisle. People -All people, regardless of their stance on Jesus, or Mithra, or whomever- need to take a huge step back and reexamine their values if they've resorted to shouting and insults.
I can’t see the video. It’s not even a clickable link for me?

Some atheists are angry, some theists are angry. Some people are angry. I find that when a person is angry and lashing out if you try to relate to them on a human to human level it helps. We all get angry sometimes. It’s human nature, I think, to get overly passionate about something as a result of a traumatic experience with it. Religion isn’t always bad, but when it is bad it can really be very traumatic for the people involved.

Also, I’m pretty sure most atheists are agnostic. You can’t be just agnostic. You either believe in a god or you don’t. If you don’t you’re an agnostic atheist.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
Gosh, I've never ever seen an angry theist. Never had one damn me to hell, tell me I'm ruining my/families salvation, that I'm fucked up in the head, or that I would be better off dead. Nope, all theists only ever say good things to me.

Edit: A side note, you might run into atheists with less tolerance when it's perceived that there may be a hidden agenda or motive.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I question the motivation behind some theists. There is a lot of anti-atheists openly attacking atheists. Why?
And why are they all so angry and intimidated by atheists ? They tell atheists they are going to hell. Why are religionists so angry ?
After all they've had thousands of years to do their militant theism, (evangelization).
Every religion is true one way or another. It is true when understood metaphorically. But when it gets stuck in its own metaphors, interpreting them as facts, then you are in trouble. - Joseph Campbell  Popcorn

Militant Atheist Commie Evolutionist 
(December 11, 2018 at 10:27 pm)wyzas Wrote: Gosh, I've never ever seen an angry theist. Never had one damn me to hell, tell me I'm ruining my/families salvation, that I'm fucked up in the head, or that I would be better off dead. Nope, all theists only ever say good things to me.

Edit: A side note, you might run into atheists with less tolerance when it's perceived that there may be a hidden agenda or motive.

Ad Hominem. The cheapest and most used fallacy...
Stop defeating ur own claim... Watch and Learn if u can follow logic...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVFK8sVdJNg
Quote:I question the motivation behind some atheists.

A valid point. Now do something useful and start being vocal about "some Catholic priests motives" if you want to help your cause.

There's good people and bad people but you don't see angry atheists flying planes into buildings in the name of "nothing".
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(December 11, 2018 at 11:23 pm)Agnostico Wrote:
(December 11, 2018 at 10:27 pm)wyzas Wrote: Gosh, I've never ever seen an angry theist. Never had one damn me to hell, tell me I'm ruining my/families salvation, that I'm fucked up in the head, or that I would be better off dead. Nope, all theists only ever say good things to me.

Ad Hominem. The cheapest and most used fallacy...
Stop defeating ur own claim... Watch and Learn if u can follow logic...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVFK8sVdJNg

So................ your a victim again, rather than considering that your thread/post might be flawed from the outset.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
BTW, .... since you can't write a sentence in correct English ... "The ARE a lot of anti theists .... ",
should we take your lack of education as a reason to dismiss your whining as mere uneducated stupidity ?
Every religion is true one way or another. It is true when understood metaphorically. But when it gets stuck in its own metaphors, interpreting them as facts, then you are in trouble. - Joseph Campbell  Popcorn

Militant Atheist Commie Evolutionist 
(December 11, 2018 at 10:27 pm)Losty Wrote: I can’t see the video. It’s not even a clickable link for me?

Some atheists are angry, some theists are angry. Some people are angry. I find that when a person is angry and lashing out if you try to relate to them on a human to human level it helps. We all get angry sometimes. It’s human nature, I think, to get overly passionate about something as a result of a traumatic experience with it. Religion isn’t always bad, but when it is bad it can really be very traumatic for the people involved.

Also, I’m pretty sure most atheists are agnostic. You can’t be just agnostic. You either believe in a god or you don’t. If you don’t you’re an agnostic atheist.

U started of reasonable but then u just ended up like the rest. Trying to put a belief label next to my agnostic position.
All after everyone said they didn't want labels  
I don't care about beliefs. They mean nothing to me. Their just based on feelings. Thats all it is. FEELINGS.

The biggest question is in regard to knowledge
"Do i know there aren't any type of Gods? Including extraterrestrial and some far-out thing?"

The next best question would be based on thought, not belief.
"Do I think """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Belief is nothing. Its the fairytale u read to ur kids before bed. Its the fiction section of the library where girls are reading romance novels.

Im tempted to say if u must put labels on me then call me agnostic theist. Cos yall pushing me away by trying to force beliefs onto me.

But Iv got a question that will ruffle some feathers I think... It will need its own thread.

Anyway answer the questions on my op people. A hand full of simple questions.
Why the anger? The anti theism? The preaching? The hate?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  History: The Iniquitous Anti-Christian French Revolution. Nishant Xavier 27 2111 August 6, 2023 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Atheists will worship the Antichrist and become theists during the Tribulation Preacher 53 3107 November 13, 2022 at 3:57 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Church of the atheists and prayer and supplication Eclectic 23 1839 September 19, 2022 at 2:34 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  I'm no longer an anti-theist Duty 27 1942 September 16, 2022 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Isn't Atheism anti Christian than anti religious? Western part atleast Kibbi 14 3445 October 5, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  Miracles and their place, and Atheists. Mystic 35 4325 October 4, 2018 at 3:53 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Are some theists afraid of atheists? Der/die AtheistIn 146 47986 June 21, 2018 at 6:29 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Atheists are emotionally stronger than theists Alexmahone 92 13193 June 21, 2018 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Why America is anti-theist. Goosebump 3 1096 March 1, 2018 at 9:06 am
Last Post: mlmooney89
  I enjoy far right atheists more than lgbt marxist atheists Sopra 4 2176 February 28, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet